It is that time of the year when Superbowl parties are planned here in the USA. So these Twice Baked Potatoes with Chicken are a must make.
We do not host big parties. It is usually just five of us with plenty of good food;
These potatoes were fantastic. Usually, I would add a bit of hot sauce because I like them a bit spicy, but even without the little heat, these are just perfect.
I serve them with sour cream and some extra scallions. Oh, they were gone from the large serving plate in a few minutes. You cannot really stop at one half, but you be the judge.
We love them any time of the year, especially during parries. However, making them for sporting event party is just amazing.
I am thinking these would be absolutely phenomenal after Thanksgiving. If you have any veggies and turkey leftover, add it to the potato mixture.
You can’t really go wrong with it because they are super simple and easy. I hope you will enjoy them as much as we did.
Recipes you may like:
If you get inspired and make my amazing appetizer or a snack, Twice Baked Potatoes with Chicken, please tag me on Instagram.
An easy and tasty recipe for Twice Baked Potatoes with Chicken
- 5 Russet Potatoes washed & scrubbed clean (2-3 lbs.)
- 1 cup Shredded Chicken Breast cooked; roasted/baked/pan-fried
- 2 Green onions sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 Fl. Oz. = 1/4 cup= 60 ml Milk
- 1 cup Cheddar shredded + for topping
- ½ cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded + for topping
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Wash and scrub clean potatoes. Line the potatoes on the baking pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 400F (200C). When the toothpick goes in smoothly, it means they are cooked. Also, when you touch the potatoes, they should feel softer on the inside. Be careful not to burn yourself.
- Cut the potatoes in half, and carefully spoon it out in the bowl. Scrape it, and try not to break the skin.
- Chop the green onions, and add to the potatoes.
- Season it with Crushed Chili Flakes, Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add Sour Cream, Milk, Butter.
- Add (cooked) chicken breast. Try to shred it with your hands and make smaller pieces.
- Add Cheeses
- Spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Packed them with the mixture, as much as it fits. (You can bake leftover mixture on the side with more cheese, like a mini casserole)
- Sprinkle with more cheese. Add as much or little that you want.
- Bake the potatoes again for 10 to 12 minutes at 400F (200C) or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve the potatoes with sour cream or your favorite dip.
Shred both kinds of cheese, or get already shredded one, and mix them together. Make sure to have enough for topping. You will need a little less than a ½ cup to sprinkle on top of the potatoes before baking. You can certainly use any cheese that you prefer or like, or perhaps have on hand.
I think cheddar is quite amazing and compliments potatoes very well. You can also add hot sauce to the mixture, like a buffalo sauce or sriracha. The chicken could make a potato mixture pretty dry, so make sure to add that butter and sour cream as well as milk to keep it from drying.