Baked Artichoke and Spinach Dip is such an easy recipe. All you need to do is put everything together bake and serve. It is a perfect treat to quickly make especially if you have unannounced guests. I don’t know about you, but for me, even […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the National Peanut Board. All opinions are entirely my own. Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Dip is one outstanding sweet treat for all ages. It requires just a bit of your time to make it […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
When it comes to flavor, this tasty and incredibly flavorful Taco Style Cream Cheese Dip is the way to go; Especially for a Cinco de Mayo celebration.
Not only is it extremely delicious, but it’s super easy to make as well. All you need are a few amazing ingredients! Just top your dip with whatever you usually top your tacos with, and you are done.
For some of you that did not know, Cinco de Mayo is an annual celebration held on May 5th.
Special events and celebrations highlight Mexican culture, especially in regional dancing, including parades, music, and my personal favorite; food.
One thing you must do this Cinco de Mayo is eat Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips. They are very crispy and delicious restaurant-style chips.
I must add that they are tasty enough to eat right out of the bag, which we did, of course. Also, they only have four simple ingredients, including sea salt, and they’re certified gluten-free.
My family was impressed by the overall combination of my dip and Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips. They paired beautifully, and the chips were big enough to scoop the perfect bite of this taco style dip.
This is one of our favorite spreads for entertaining as well as a staple for our movie nights.
We have got to mention Mission® Street Tacos Corn Tortillas as well! They are not only amazing for Taco Tuesday, but for Cinco de Mayo too!
Warming these delicious tortillas give the most magnificent taste. You can find instructions on the back of the packaging.
They are soft, which makes them easy to use in a variety of dishes and they’re also perfect for snacks or appetizers for your family and friends.
As you can see, my friends, you don’t need much to make your spread colorful, beautiful, authentic and at the same time, tasty.
All you need are a few ingredients and a bit of effort to create a masterpiece that wows your family and friends. And of course, with the help of Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips, which makes this dip complete.
Also, make sure to check out this Mission promotion! What says Cinco more than breaking a piñata? From 04/01/19 until 05/05/19, you can enter and play the Mission Piñata Instant Win Game!
Take a swing at the Mission piñata and see if you have what it takes to break it.
The best part? If you break it, you win a prize! Play every day for more chances to win click here.
When it comes to flavor this tasty and incredibly flavorful Taco Style Cream Cheese Dip is the way to go.
Not only that it is extremely delicious, but easy as well. All you need a couple of amazing ingredients, top it with whatever you usually top your tacos and you are done.
- Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips, 9 oz
- 2 sticks of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pouch taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups assorted tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4-1/2 jalapeño, optional
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- In a bowl, add softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mild taco seasoning. Using electric mixture, if possible, combine all the ingredients together until it is smooth in texture.
- Transfer the mixture to the serving dish and add all desirable toppings, preferably fresh.
- I used toppings that we usually add to our tacos, so it made perfect sense to add lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeño and black olives and serve it with our favorite restaurant-style Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips.
- Keep the dip cold before serving.
- Refrigerate dip if you are not going to serve it right away.
- For the best taste, use whole milk dairy products.
- Use fresh ingredients for the toppings, as they are preferably the best to make this dip colorful and at the same time, beautiful and tasty.
- You may make your own taco seasoning.
- Add more Sour cream if needed
- Fast way to bring cream cheese to room temperature: Take the cheese block out of the paper carton package, then unopened cheese, place in the warm, almost hot water for about 5 minutes.
Let’s step out of our comfort food zone and create delicious Artichoke and Cannellini Beans Hummus. Okie Dokie, Artichoke! I will show you an amazingly delicious and super easy recipe that you can make over and over again; for social gatherings, sporting events or just […]
If you like the taste of Pumpkin, then you going to love my Pumpkin Pie Hummus, easy and tasty dip. It feels like Thanksgiving was just yesterday. I could still taste our delicious Thanksgiving dinner. I was stuffed, but somehow I could eat more. Now, […]
Hey beautiful people, how’s going? I have today for ya, a delicious twist on guacamole. It’s creamy, yummy and perfect for parties… Any parties.
What I love about hummus is the fact that we can make it so quick, and the outcome is always really tasty, and quite beautiful. Pair it with some crackers, pita chips, even pretzels, and your guests will be impressed.
I will have one more hummus recipe that you will love, and yes, it’s sweet and a guilt-free pumpkin pie sort of speaking.
Also, if you just landed on my site, check out a few of my other amazing recipes hummus recipes.
My son, Aleks loves avocados, and he inspired me to make this avocado hummus. I wanted a richer flavor, creamier and I believe that I’ve achieved it. Now, let me show you how you can make this from scratch.
The chickpea is a legume of the family Fabaceae, subfamily Faboideae. It’s also known as gram, or Bengal gram, or garbanzo bean.
It’s extremely delicious and makes a great snack and amazing hummus. They contain protein, fiber, manganese, and folate. You can drizzle a bit of olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and eat it as a snack, sprinkle over a salad or simply include them in your hummus.
This time I cooked them myself, and it is not hard. It takes a bit of wait time, but it’s always a plus when you do it yourself.
So, let’s start.
Easy and delicious dip recipe
- 1 cup 165g Chickpeas (cooked -you can use Organic canned chickpeas)
- 2 ripe Avocados medium size
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Tahini sesame seed paste
- Juice of one Lemon
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 2 tbsp water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender/or food processor.
- Blend until all the ingredients are smooth in texture. You can scrape the sides in the middle of the blending.
- Taste and see if you need to add more salt.
- It can be refrigerated up to 3 days in airtight container.
How to prepare chickpeas:
- Soak a bag of chickpeas (1 lbs/453 g) overnight and at least for 8 hours with 1 tbsp. of baking soda.
- Wash chickpeas and add water to the chickpeas. Add 1 tbsp of baking soda as this will help with chickpea skin. It removes easier.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes on medium-high heat. Skim the foam that will form while the chickpeas are cooking.
- Drain, wash and remove the skin by hand if you see any.
- After chickpeas are chilled, store them in airtight containers and I the fridge for up to 10 days.
You can add more lemon juice if you like it “more” sour. I added just a tbsp. Of olive oil, and a drizzle on the end when I was garnishing it. I don’t think it’s necessary to add more.
Products from Amazon.com
Hummus with Beets is the best. Would you look at that stunning sexy color? Every time I make it, I am amazed at how perfect it looks. You already know that I love beets. combination with tahini, garlic, chickpeas, and lemon this makes an amazing […]
I began to write this post in the middle of the week, and, of course, got distracted. I got distracted by making videos, testing recipes, and editing. Uploading a video took literally forever. It was definitely time for a simple lunch, and I had a […]