Pumpkin Pie Hummus
It feels like Thanksgiving was just yesterday. I could still taste our delicious Thanksgiving dinner… I was stuffed, but somehow I could eat more.
Now, we wait for several more “Food Overeating” rounds. Seriously, holidays are all about giving, sharing and FOOOOOD! But, I am not complaining…
So, let’s talk about this beautiful, sweet and delicious hummus. I think hummus is becoming more and more trendy.
If you didn’t notice, big brands are making all types of flavors these days, and I really like every hummus taste; sweet, savory, spicy, etc.
I made this hummus just before Thanksgiving, and it was so good that I made it several times. The first time when I made it, my kids, niece, as well as Nebs, didn’t even want to look at it. They’d say: “you are crazy
However, when they finally dipped in the hummus sweet graham cracker, oh boy, I couldn’t stop them.
My hummus bowl was literally “licked” clean. You wouldn’t believe it, but they started adding whipped cream as a topping like you would on a pumpkin pie. So, yes, I got two thumbs up from my fam.
The taste is unique but somewhat familiar. When the flavors melt in your mouth, it becomes even more familiar, as it tastes almost like pumpkin pie.
This could be totally done with roasted or boiled sweet potatoes. Actually, I really like them either way… Maybe a bit more with roasted sweet potatoes because I LOVE sweet potatoes, but if you like pumpkin pie, I am sure that you will love this.
Pumpkin Pie Hummus
- 1 cup 225g Pureed Pumpkin Pie Mixture (canned)
- 3/4 cup 125g Cooked Chickpeas canned works
- 1 tbsp. 15g Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon 1.3g Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2-3 tbsp. 42g-63g Honey (or to taste) use low-sugar Maple Syrup as alternative
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon riper, softer lemon-juicier
- Drizzle of Honey
- Sesame seeds
- Regal sliced almonds
- Dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Fresh Mint
- Combine all the ingredients together, and blend until smooth.
- You can do this in several batches, and combine at the end if your blender/food processor is smaller.
- Add sweetener of your choice, to taste.
- Serve chilled and with perhaps sweet crackers. It can be refrigerated in airtight containers for up to 7 days.
How to make chickpeas click here / you can also use canned chickpeas You can use sugar, maple syrup or any other sweetener, and use to please your taste.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $7.49Was: $12.49