I love a good sandwich, especially these amazingly delicious and super easy Bacon Eggs and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches. It is a comforting breakfast or you may eat it for brunch. Well, we prep it many times even for dinner. Wouldn’t you agree that sometimes breakfast […]
Category: SANDWICHES & WRAPS
If you love salmon than you will love this tasty and quite easy Salmon Wellington aka salmon fillet wrapped with puff pastry. I think this is the fanciest dish that I made in a long time, but it is ridiculously simple. Well, I could not […]
A family gathering or holidays would not be the same without a delicious breakfast casserole, just like this Herbed Stuffing Sausage Casserole.
They are a staple of my house, and I hope it will become a staple of yours as well.
This is easy, tasty and a perfect bake for a big family breakfast.
I might add brunch because we do not rise early as some might assume. We like to sleep in when we break start and stay up late.
Since my kids are on the winter break I recreated one that I made over Thanksgiving.
We really love casseroles so I always make different once just to test them out.
I made casseroles with ground beef, turkey sausages, biscuits, stuffing, spinach, and mushrooms.
It is just great to be inventive when you have endless possibilities.
For this particular one, you could use store-bought stuffing which I used over Thanksgiving, however, this time I made my own.
Also, like any other casserole, you could make this ahead. The night before would be just fine. Some foods are great when you make them the next day.
With that being said, in this case, if you have a lot of food to cook for the holiday table it is just easier to make ahead.
It just makes sense so that is why these casseroles are not only tasty but help us, hostess to serve hot, tasty breakfasts or meals in no time.
Recipes you might like:
If you by any chance make this Herbed Stuffing Sausage Casserole, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
I can’t wait to see your creations and share them with everyone. Thank you so much in advance for all your support.
Now, let’s get cooking!!!
Holidays would not be the same without breakfast or brunch casseroles. They are a staple of my house, and I hope it will staple of yours as well. This is easy, tasty and a perfect bake for a big family breakfast.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pack cooked frozen breakfast sausage links (10ct)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups cubed bread, preferably a bit stale (2-3 days old)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cup half and half
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 4 ounces shredded mild cheddar
- Defrost breakfast sausages if they are frozen, slice them.
In the skillet or frying pan add oil then saute sausage with chopped onion and celery. Breakfast Sausage is already cooked so it should not take too long just to brown it up a bit, 2-3 minutes at medium-high heat. If you get uncooked sausage, then follow directions and saute longer until cooked through.
- Grease deeper baking (casserole) dish, 13 by a 9-inch or simular with unsalted butter and add cubed bread and sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle over it black pepper, salt, and all the herbs. Then toss to coat nicely.
- To that add half of the shredded cheese and mix it with everything. I like shredding cheese myself but you could use already shredded cheese.
- Mix eggs with half and a half and pour half over then mix a bit to coat, then add the other half of egg mixture and slightly press it down.
- Add the rest of the shredded cheese and again press it a bit down.
- Cover and place the casserole in the fridge until ready to bake and serve, up to overnight.
If baking immediately, let the casserole sit for 15 minutes before putting in the oven. This will give the bread a chance to absorb the liquid mixture.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes. Slightly cover with aluminum foil if the top begins to brown too quickly.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes before serving, and garnish with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Bakeware Set -Premium Nonstick Baking Pans -Set of 5- Includes a Pie Pan, Square Cake Pan, Baking Pan, Bread Pan, Cup Cake Pan with Blue Silicone Hnadles By Intriom
- Sweese 510.101 Porcelain Ramekins, 7 Ounce Round Mini Casserole Dish with Lid, Set of 4, White
- Cuisinart Casserole Cast Iron, Cream, 7 quart
Smoked Salmon Goat Cheese Appetizers are perfect bites to serve over joyous holidays. However, in my humble opinion, these are divine perfection all year round. Sometimes, instead of these rather gourmet crackers, I would serve it with toasted bruschetta. It is just so fancy, yet […]
Jellied Cranberry Sauce is not something that I was eating my whole life. My kids did have this sauce every Thanksgiving, for instance. My husband and I learned to enjoy it. It is one of those dishes that both of us have not grown up […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Minerva Dairy. All opinions are entirely my own.
Buttery Sweet Potato Casserole is an appetizing and amazing side dish or dessert that will make any holiday dinner that much more special.
The holiday season is known as the coziest time of the year, and I couldn’t agree more. A time to relax, reflect and celebrate life with your loved ones is always a necessity.
I am so grateful for everything that I have achieved alongside with a very supportive family.
I make sure to seize maximum advantage during the holiday season to fully enjoy it. So, I prepare food in advance as well as include everyone in some sort of activity to make family dinners over the holiday season much easier on me.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and it honestly has to be one of my favorite celebrations. I must add that because of my profession, I have grown a love for food even more.
As well as admire experimenting out of my comfort zone when making different genres of it.
During Thanksgiving, I get the best of both worlds! I adore spending time with my dear family, and when we all gather together and share food around the table, it feels like my whole world is utterly complete.
One dish that will surely make it on a platter this year and many more to come is my sweet potato casserole. This delectable treat is delicate and so versatile.
You can traditionally serve it as a side dish delicacy, or a simple dessert. It’s naturally filling and sweet but not uncomfortably sugary.
It sits pleasantly after the savory main meal and abundantly satisfies any candied craving.
You can present it at any holiday party imaginable, or just on a cold, rainy night. Although Thanksgiving dinner is the most appropriate time of the year when this superb casserole is served the most.
Minerva Dairy Amish Butter undoubtedly makes this magnificent treat possible. I partnered with America’s oldest family-owned creamery once again to bring you an easy, yet fabulous recipe.
This butter is rich, creamy, and full of flavor because it has 85 present butterfat. It gives the casserole such a delicate and soft relish that is indescribable.
It melts in your mouth right after the first bite, and all of the munches that follow are left just as delicious as the initial one.
My family and I have been heartily enjoying fairly enough gourmet meals using Minerva Dairy Amish Butter.
Admirably, they have been in the business for 125 years, so you know they make phenomenal quality butter.
Minerva Dairy Amish Butter does slow-churned in small batches and they use only the freshest cream from pasture-raised cows on American family farms.
Furthermore, they provide many incredible flavors; unsalted, sea salt, garlic-herb, pumpkin spice, maple syrup, and smoked maple wood butter.
If you get inspired and make my Buttery Sweet Potato Casserole, please share it with me on Instagram by tagging me. @sandraseasycooking. Thank you in advance.
Easy, tasty and amazing side dish or a dessert recipe for Buttery Sweet Potato Casserole.
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 large egg
- 1/4 cup sea salt Minerva Dairy Amish Butter, room temp.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 cup coarsely crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 20 crackers)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups regular marshmallows, optional
Sweet Potato Prep:
1. Wash them.
The worst way to ruin a sweet potato casserole or a BBQ stuffed sweet potatoes is with a gritty texture. Scrub the skin lightly before preparing.
2. Line your baking sheet with foil, parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Sweet potatoes tend to get a little juicy while baking, so lining the baking sheet first ensures easy cleanup. Mess-free baking!
3. Poke holes!
The pricking technique is always used when baking regular or sweet potatoes—it reduces the baking time and ensures the potatoes won't burst. Use a fork to prick the potatoes all around.
4. Bake until tender.
How can you tell when they’re done? Stick a fork into the thickest part of the potato, if there’s no resistance and goes in almost smoothly, it’s done. For the casserole, scoop all the potato flash out and transfer into the large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, combine 7 casserole ingredients. Transfer to a baking casserole size dish (9×13-inch rectangular casserole pan, 8×8 or 9×9 square dishes; 9×13 also holds about 3 quarts of volume).
- Combine topping casserole ingredients; sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. This is a personal preference, you may add marshmallows on top of the casserole topping mixture and press it slightly down; if you desire classic sweet potato casserole use it, however, without it just as tasty.
- Bake, uncovered between 20-25 minutes. Serves warm!
You may use marshmallows or leave them out. You could make two smaller casseroles one with marshmallows and one without it to please everyone's palate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post is sponsored by RITZ Crackers. All opinions are entirely my own. No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter RITZ Bars are easy, tasty and fantastic to serve over the holiday season. I have made this type of no-bake bar many times. What I love about this […]
Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better. If you like chicken salad or egg salad than you will love these […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cacique®. All opinions are entirely my own.
Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole is one amazing dish to serve any time of the year, especially during parties.
Whether you are showing how to pull together the ultimate Game Night spread or perhaps presenting a tailgating must-have, the possibilities are truly endless.
Well, I partnered with Cacique® to create this easy dish using their fantastic and quite tasty Fully Cooked Chorizos.
Which is made with authentically seasoned premium pork shoulder and ready to eat in just minutes with zero mess.
So, when it comes to game night, Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole is one dish that we undeniably enjoy.
To be honest, it takes just a few convenient, delicious and authentic ingredients to create this amazingly appetizing casserole for your family and friends.
That being said, game night or not this could be one phenomenal weeknight dinner put together in no time.
To round out my tasty spread, I served crunchy corn chips with Cacique® Jalapeño Queso Dip.
That’s alongside my Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole. That was extremely delightful, to say the least.
I finished the dish with a drizzle of Cacique® Spicy Jalapeno sour cream.
Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizo is a great go-to when you want to pull together a quick, delicious and authentic Mexican meals.
In addition, not only is it made with premium ingredients, but it also has no additives and nothing artificial.
Therefore, pick some up and make this Tater Tots Casserole or get creative with it and let me know what you whip up!
Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos are Available in Four Delicious Varieties;
Premium Pork Shoulder, Chorizo with Eggs, Chorizo with Bacon & Potato and Chorizo with Queso.
How to Enjoy:
In short, simply heat in the microwave, oven or stovetop for as few as 3–4 minutes and enjoy.
In addition, from breakfast during the morning rushes to taco night to game day.
Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos are the perfect filling – or delicious all on their own!
Most importantly, use anywhere you would typically enjoy chorizo. Whether adding protein to tacos, or stuffing burritos.
Maybe enchiladas or even serving a dip for tortilla chips.
If you try Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole or any other recipe from my blog, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking
- 2 packs Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos
- 16 oz Chili Beans
- 10 oz Cacique® Queso Fresco Cheese
- 2 cups Tater Tots
- Mexican Style Sour Cream, Cilantro Lime
- Chopped Parsley or Cilantro
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Follow the instructions on the back of the Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos; Heat in the oven-safe dish or pan. I used a Dutch oven with a fitted lid.
- After you heat the chorizo add chili beans and mix it well to combine.
- Crumble cheese on the top, then in one layer place tater tots next to each other.
- Slightly press potatoes down, cover the dish with the lid and bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- After 15 minutes, remove the lid and turn the oven broiler on medium temperature.
- Bake casserole under the broiler for an additional 5 minutes or until potatoes are crunchy and the casserole is bubbling. Make sure to stand by so it does not burn.
- Garnish with an equal drizzle of Mexican Sour Cream and chopped parsley or cilantro.
I am a sandwich person, and I could eat a sandwich probably every single day. However, when it comes to ham, slow-cooked pork, swiss cheese, pickles, mustard pressed in the Cuban bread there is nothing better in this world. I love this Tasty Pressed Cuban Sandwich. […]