Individual Chicken Pot Pies are such a delight. To be serious, it is the comfort food at its finest. I have decided to make them individually because they are portion size and they just look so adorable. I do not know about you, but I […]
Jellied Cranberry Sauce is not something that I was eating my whole life. My kids did have this sauce every Thanksgiving, for instance. My husband and I learned to enjoy it. It is one of those dishes that both of us have not grown up […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cacique®. All opinions are entirely my own.
Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole is one amazing dish to serve any time of the year, especially during parties.
Whether you are showing how to pull together the ultimate Game Night spread or perhaps presenting a tailgating must-have, the possibilities are truly endless.
Well, I partnered with Cacique® to create this easy dish using their fantastic and quite tasty Fully Cooked Chorizos.
Which is made with authentically seasoned premium pork shoulder and ready to eat in just minutes with zero mess.
So, when it comes to game night, Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole is one dish that we undeniably enjoy.
To be honest, it takes just a few convenient, delicious and authentic ingredients to create this amazingly appetizing casserole for your family and friends.
That being said, game night or not this could be one phenomenal weeknight dinner put together in no time.
To round out my tasty spread, I served crunchy corn chips with Cacique® Jalapeño Queso Dip.
That’s alongside my Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole. That was extremely delightful, to say the least.
I finished the dish with a drizzle of Cacique® Spicy Jalapeno sour cream.
Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizo is a great go-to when you want to pull together a quick, delicious and authentic Mexican meals.
In addition, not only is it made with premium ingredients, but it also has no additives and nothing artificial.
Therefore, pick some up and make this Tater Tots Casserole or get creative with it and let me know what you whip up!
Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos are Available in Four Delicious Varieties;
Premium Pork Shoulder, Chorizo with Eggs, Chorizo with Bacon & Potato and Chorizo with Queso.
How to Enjoy:
In short, simply heat in the microwave, oven or stovetop for as few as 3–4 minutes and enjoy.
In addition, from breakfast during the morning rushes to taco night to game day.
Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos are the perfect filling – or delicious all on their own!
Most importantly, use anywhere you would typically enjoy chorizo. Whether adding protein to tacos, or stuffing burritos.
Maybe enchiladas or even serving a dip for tortilla chips.
If you try Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole or any other recipe from my blog, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking
- 2 packs Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos
- 16 oz Chili Beans
- 10 oz Cacique® Queso Fresco Cheese
- 2 cups Tater Tots
- Mexican Style Sour Cream, Cilantro Lime
- Chopped Parsley or Cilantro
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Follow the instructions on the back of the Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos; Heat in the oven-safe dish or pan. I used a Dutch oven with a fitted lid.
- After you heat the chorizo add chili beans and mix it well to combine.
- Crumble cheese on the top, then in one layer place tater tots next to each other.
- Slightly press potatoes down, cover the dish with the lid and bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- After 15 minutes, remove the lid and turn the oven broiler on medium temperature.
- Bake casserole under the broiler for an additional 5 minutes or until potatoes are crunchy and the casserole is bubbling. Make sure to stand by so it does not burn.
- Garnish with an equal drizzle of Mexican Sour Cream and chopped parsley or cilantro.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Minerva Dairy. All opinions are entirely my own. What a better way to start September than with warm and appetizing sage and brown butter gnocchi. This delightful dish screams comfort food to me. Fall food […]
Salmon and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner is the best. Not only that you can mix and match vegetables, but it is all year round kind of meal. Don’t you agree? One of our favorite fish is salmon. We just love salmon made any way possible; […]
These Tasty Labor Day Recipes that I have picked for you guys are easy, delicious, affordable and approachable. You can make them any time you want not just over Labor Day and 4th of July, or any other holiday.
If you are like my family then you start making plans for BBQ cookout for Labor Day weekend weeks ahead. It is a long weekend so at least 2 days worth of tasty leftovers.
I wish you all safe, and tasty Labor day!
MEAT, FISH, AND POULTRY:
Collection of tasty meat, fish and poultry recipes from my blog!
Can you really start BBQ season without making some amazingly delicious, and finger-licking Smoked St. Louis Style Ribs? I think not.
These ribs are so tasty we have been making them on repeat for our meal prep because they hold so good o the fridge so well for a week.
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting.
Who loves Salmon? I simply love it especially made this way. However, I am not picky at all. When it comes down to this delicious fish, I could eat it pretty much any possible way prepared.
These Chicken Fajita Skewers are fresh, tasty, healthy, colorful, and the ultimate summer grilled food that everyone loves.
When I flipped those burgers and saw it, I was breaking a happy dance around the grill. They were delightful, flavorful and in another word orgasmic. I hope you make them soon, too.
I love burgers and I absolutely love my homemade beef burgers. They are really easy, perfectly seasoned and extremely tasty.
We grill a lot and these are always a hit with everyone along with my pita bread. Not to brag or anything, but I am kind of known around here for my homemade bread.
Easy, delicious and a perfect grilled food if you wish to skip grilled meat.
BREAD AND SANDWICHES:
My absolute favorite bread from my blog.
Refreshing, healthy and easy salad recipes that you guys going to love.
We all have a bit of sweet tooth. These dessert or sweet treats are perfect after savory grilled food to share with your loved ones.
If you make any of my Tasty Labor Day Recipes, please tag me on INSTAGRAM @SANDRASEASYCOOKING. Use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could share it with others. Thank you so much for your love and support… I wish you a wonderful holiday!
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting. My kids had these as a traditional burger in a bun, with pickles, tomato, and condiments. […]
This tasty and easy tuna pizza is amazing all year round. You may make your own dough, use store-bought or perhaps tortilla. Whatever you choose it is absolutely amazing. With this recipe, I am entering Tonnino Tuna Recipe Challange. After debating for a few weeks […]
Much like a cottage or shepherd’s pie, my easy fisherman pie is one amazing meal that you must try.
What is the difference you ask?
Well, this easy fisherman pie recipe is made with fish instead. We absolutely love this for our Friday supper or Sunday lunch.
You can even mix different types of fish, depending on which one is in season and creates a meal fit for a king or a queen.
Now, let us talk about fish. I got my fish from Sitka Salmon Shares, but allow me to tell you a bit more about them. I really believe in this company, and I love what they are doing.
Fish is without a doubt the best one that I had in a long time. You will not be disappointed, plus the fish comes to your doorstep which is fantastic but read more about Sitka Salmon Shares below.
Sitka Salmon Shares Is:
Wild: Wild-caught from the pristine waters of Southeast Alaska
Community-based: Sourced from traditional fishing communities. Supported by a Midwest community of conscious consumers.
Premium: Harvested and hand-processed individually. lash-frozen at the peak of freshness to ensure the highest quality, guaranteed.
Sustainable: Harvested using hook-and-line methods to minimize negative ecological impact.
Traceable: The only fully-integrated Midwest CSF. 100% traceability from boat to doorstep.
Just: Owned by a collective of carefully selected small-scale family fishermen, all of whom retain 20-30% more of the retail value or their harvest.
Convenient: Home delivered directly to your door, with recipes, newsletters, and more
Conscious: Carbon offsets purchased and 1% of revenue donated back to the wild.
I really hope you guys like this recipe because it is amazing and so delicious. It is not even that complicated, but I went a step further and separated each step so it is easier for you to make at home.
You can use any fish and throw in shrimps as well. It’s absolutely phenomenal. That being said, if you have a chance to get fish from Sitka Salmon Shares, your fish recipes will taste even better. I can guarantee you that.
If you try Easy Fisherman Pie please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseascyoocking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you in advance!
Baking dish by Xtrema Ceramic Cookware.
- MASHED POTATO TOPPING
- 1 1/2 lbs. (750g) Idaho potatoes, more if you like
- 1/2 cups (118 ml) Half and half
- 3 tbsp (42 g) Unsalted butter,
- Salt to taste
- 16 oz (500 g) Wild Alaskan Coho Salmon
- 16oz (500 g)Wild Alaskan Pacific Cod
- 10 oz (300g) Wild Alaskan Rockfish
- 2 cups (475 ml) Whole Milk
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) unsalted butter
- 3-4 tbsp (30 to 40 g) plain, all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups (600ml) Whole Milk, splash more if needed
- 3.5 oz (100 g) grated Swiss cheese, or any on hand like sharp cheddar, grated gruyère cheese, etc,
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Generous pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish and adding on the fish
- 4-5 hard-boiled eggs, sliced in half
- 3 oz swiss cheese (or grated gruyère cheese)
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Place in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Season with salt. Place over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are just tender when you pierce it with the fork.
- To cooked and drained potatoes, add about 1/2 cup or 118 ml of half and half, and 3 tablespoons the unsalted butter. Crush the potatoes, an and combine with half and half (or cream, milk) and butter until smooth. It doesn't have to be perfectly smooth. Lumps are welcome for this dish. Set aside.
- If the fish is frozen, defrost it. You may leave it overnight in the fridge.
- Place all fish and chopped onion in a large saucepan. Cover with milk. Place over medium-low heat and bring to a slow simmer. Poach fish for about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer fish to a baking dish. Strain the milk into a bowl and discard excess. Set aside to cool. By the way, I remove skin, however I like to add in the pot with the fish just to add more flavor. After poaching discard it.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed pan over low heat and stir in the flour. Add milk bit by bit, stirring after every addition until you have a smooth, silky sauce. Bring to the rolling boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 6 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add in the grated cheese, then squeeze in the lemon juice and keep stirring until the cheese is melted. Season with salt and little black pepper, then remove from the heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Place fish in the baking dish, pour over with the sauce, then add some cheese, equally scatter about the handful of swiss cheese.
- Chop into smaller pieces hard boiled eggs then add them over fish. Add a bit of chopped parsley.
- Spoon or pipe the mashed potato over the fish, starting at the edge of the dish and working inwards. Scatter with cheese over the top and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, the sauce is bubbling up at the sides and the top is golden.
- Allow it to cool down for at least 10 minutes and served with vegetables such as spinach, peas, and carrots, etc. or maybe just a bowl of mixed green.
- You can use any fish that you prefer or like, and throw in shrimps as well. It’s absolutely phenomenal. The most popular fish is white fish such as haddock or cod, salmon and shrimp. I have seen it with crab as well, but I say use whatever fish you go. Also, use of that is more affordable to you.
- There is no right or wrong. I believe that everyone have their own household staple fierman pie. Some using wine, some spinach, peas or mushrooms, etc.
- I use fish, white creamy sauce, boiled eggs, cheese and mashed potatoes. That's how my family likes it so I am making it this way.
- Over time it will be easier and easier to prep and make this dish but it is really not complicated.
- You can make this in dutch oven as well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sausage and vegetable frittata recipe is my go-to meal when it comes to breakfast or brunch. It is easy for you to make, affordable so you can feed your whole family on a budget and so delicious. Well, sausage and vegetable frittata is a perfect […]