Easy Homemade Beef Ragu is one of my absolute favorite sauces. Not only does it taste absolutely delectable, warm, and comforting but it is super easy to make, as most of my recipes are. There is something special about a meal when it is cooking read more
I love Pierogi probably my whole life, but homemade pierogi is entirely something different. Well, not really, but it’s homemade and they feel so much more special. You put so much love in making them so they should feel special, right? There are not many read more
These Classic Patty Melt Sandwiches are so simple, mouthwatering, and extremely easy to make. It is probably one of my favorites just because I absolutely love the combination of beef patty, cheese, and caramelized onions.
I mean, who would not love this?! It is a sandwich of my foodie dreams.
My family went bananas over it. You see, my husband and I didn’t grow up eating it like many of our American friends.
It was a completely new experience when I first made it compared to some of you eating it in your school cafeteria or diners.
However, I can say that I am so glad that I was the one who introduced this American Classic Sammie to my family. Indeed! It is a must-have at least once a month.
What is Patty Melt?
As I said, patty melt is a sandwich consisting of a hamburger patty with melted cheese and topped with caramelized onions between two slices of griddled bread, traditionally rye or marbled rye. However, sourdough or Texas toast usually is substituted in some regions, including the southern U.S.A.
Well, It is unclear when the patty melt was precisely invented. There are records that it was served as early as the 1940s. The patty melt is a variant of the traditional American cheeseburger, but instead of using it in a bun, it was served on the toasted bread.
Recipes you might like:
Well, I am glad it got invented because it is absolutely delightful. Not only easy to prep but to make it as well. If you make these for your family, you will thank me later. I cannot say enough!
I hope you try making it, and if you do place make sure to tag me on INSTAGRAM @SANDRASEASYCOOKING, with the #sandraseasycooking hashtag.
Also, I just added a video slide with a quick step by step instructions. I am sure some of you will find it helpful. Thank you all so much for your support!
- 1 1/2 pounds Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tsp Table salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4-1 stick of butter, unsalted, divided
- 10 oz Yellow onion, sliced
- 6-8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices of Bread; we used Texas toast
- To Laura’s Lean Ground Beef, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, olive oil, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well until all ingredients are combined then divide the meat approximately into 4
equal portions (about 6 ounces each). Form each portion loosely into the thick burger to fit your bread slices, then make a deep depression in the center with your thumb.
- Place on the platter, cover, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, turn the stove to medium and heat your skillet, griddle, or a frying pan then add unsalted butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the onion, toss to coat in the
butter. Toss every 2 to 3 minutes until the onions are soft and golden brown. About 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside!
- You can grill burgers or use a skillet/griddle. Since it is a grilling season, I thought of making my burger on the grill.
- For the grill: Grill the burgers until golden brown about 4 minutes on one side, flip, and grill 4 minutes for medium-rare. Please make your burger doneness your preferences.
- If you are cooking on the sauté pan, skillet, or griddle: Heat the oil in the skillet or griddle over high heat until the oil begins to shimmer; Turn down the heat t medium, then cook burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare. When done set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on each slice of bread.
- Place a slice or two of cheese, a tablespoon of caramelized onions, a burger, a bit more of carnalized onions and top it off with the cheese. Place another slice of bread on top.
- Heat your skillet or a griddle, then toast the sandwich on both
sides for a few minutes until golden brown and crisp, and the cheese is melted. Slice in half and serve right away.
Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage Meatballs is a comfort soup at its best. Perfect for cold days, but we love it all year round. This meal definitely feeds mia famiglia very well and on the budget, if I might add. It’s rich, comforting, satisfying, a read more
Chicken Marsala is an Italian-American dish made from chicken fillets or cutlets, mushrooms, garlic or onions, and Marsala wine. It is an easy yet extremely delicious way to prepare the chicken with incredibly creamy mushroom sauce. My family and I absolutely adore this dish. Well, read more
Quick recipe for easy shrimp and grits. It is the best and one of my favourite comfort food. It also makes an amazing family dinner idea.
When I want to make a quick meal for my family this recipe always comes to the rescue.
Well, there is always pasta, but I am trying really hard not to make pasta every other night.
I am being creative, like making breakfast for dinner. It is nothing original but it works for us.
Since we are talking about quick and easy meals, shrimp goes well with rice, pasta or potatoes.
On the other hand, chicken, pork or beef goes very well with grits. There is always a solution when it comes to creating an amazingly delicious quick and easy dinner.
To be honest, this makes an incredible brunch food or lunch.
All you need to cut the meat into smaller pieces to cook fast. It tastes absolutely amazing with lemon and butter.
From time to time my family gets picky around food; no runny yolks, problems with chunky pasta sauce as well as floating onions in the stew or soup, etc.
There is so much more than they do not like, but I just wanted to name a few to tell you that we just like any other family. I cook all the time and experiment so my kids would eat what I make.
I am sure that you have at least one picky eater in your house, so if there are no allergies this meal is a winner. They will lick a bowl and ask for more.
Recipes you might like:
So traditionally grits are gluten-free, however, make sure to check because some brands like Quaker does not consider them to be gluten-free due to the possibility of cross-contamination. I am just sharing what everyone is saying.
There are other brands that are gluten-free and instant. I just wanted to put that out there if you did not know.
If you get inspired and make my recipe for Easy Shrimp and Grits, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much!
- 1 cup instant grits
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste (always taste food)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 to 1 ½ shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Old Bay Seasoning to taste
- Freshly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
How to make grits:
- Cook grits according to package instructions using half and half or heavy whipped
cream (or milk) and chicken stock in place of water.
- Generously season your grits with ½ teaspoon of salt and about ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper,
or to please your taste. Always add less and taste it. You can always add more. Stir and cook grits at the low temperature until liquid is absorbed and becomes creamy and smooth.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and set aside and keep warm. It takes usually around 5-7 minutes to finish instant grits at a lower temperature or about 20 to 25 minutes if you going to make stone-ground grits. Read instructions on the back of the package as it could be very helpful.
How to prep shrimp:
- Peel and devein shrimp if they are not already. Wash well under cold water.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring often, for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in garlic, and shrimp and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook at medium temperature, stirring occasionally, until pink and cooked through about 3 minutes to up to 5 minutes. Do not overcook. As soon as it is pink all throughout it is cooked.
- Stir in chopped parsley and lemon juice. Serve immediately with grits, garnished with chopped parsley.
The ratio you need to remember for stone-ground grits is 4:1. It's 4 cups of liquid to 1 cup of stone-ground grits. You can use just water, or a combination of stock, water, and milk/cream.
If you do not have old bay seasoning you may use just celery salt, ground black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and paprika.
You could use cubed chicken breast instead of shrimp to make this dish. Cooking time might take a few minutes longer but it tastes amazing. That is just in case of allergies or if you dislike shrimp. Also, some of you were asking if you could use pork. Yes, pork tenderloin is perfectly fine, just slice it into smaller pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Index Color-Coded Cutting Board Set with Holder Non-slip Thick Boards for Kitchen
- Professional 8 Inch Chefs Knife Set - High Carbon Chef Knife + FREE BONUS Kitchen Knife Sharpener Stainless Steel Rod - High Quality , Razor Sharp, Ergonomic Grip, Balanced Weight.By YourSharpChoices
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
- Enamel Stock Pot Rose Enamel Cooking Pot Enameled Pot with Lid (1.6 qt (1.5 L))
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned and Ready for Stove Top or Oven Use, 10.25", Black
Individual Chicken Pot Pies are such a delight. To be serious, it is the comfort food at its finest. I have decided to make them individually because they are portion size and they just look so adorable. I do not know about you, but I read more
Jellied Cranberry Sauce is not something that I was eating my whole life. My kids did have this sauce every Thanksgiving, for instance. My husband and I learned to enjoy it. It is one of those dishes that both of us have not grown up read more
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cacique®. All opinions are entirely my own.
Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole is one amazing dish to serve any time of the year, especially during parties.
Whether you are showing how to pull together the ultimate Game Night spread or perhaps presenting a tailgating must-have, the possibilities are truly endless.
Well, I partnered with Cacique® to create this easy dish using their fantastic and quite tasty Fully Cooked Chorizos.
Which is made with authentically seasoned premium pork shoulder and ready to eat in just minutes with zero mess.
So, when it comes to game night, Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole is one dish that we undeniably enjoy.
To be honest, it takes just a few convenient, delicious and authentic ingredients to create this amazingly appetizing casserole for your family and friends.
That being said, game night or not this could be one phenomenal weeknight dinner put together in no time.
To round out my tasty spread, I served crunchy corn chips with Cacique® Jalapeño Queso Dip.
That’s alongside my Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole. That was extremely delightful, to say the least.
I finished the dish with a drizzle of Cacique® Spicy Jalapeno sour cream.
Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizo is a great go-to when you want to pull together a quick, delicious and authentic Mexican meals.
In addition, not only is it made with premium ingredients, but it also has no additives and nothing artificial.
Therefore, pick some up and make this Tater Tots Casserole or get creative with it and let me know what you whip up!
Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos are Available in Four Delicious Varieties;
Premium Pork Shoulder, Chorizo with Eggs, Chorizo with Bacon & Potato and Chorizo with Queso.
How to Enjoy:
In short, simply heat in the microwave, oven or stovetop for as few as 3–4 minutes and enjoy.
In addition, from breakfast during the morning rushes to taco night to game day.
Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos are the perfect filling – or delicious all on their own!
Most importantly, use anywhere you would typically enjoy chorizo. Whether adding protein to tacos, or stuffing burritos.
Maybe enchiladas or even serving a dip for tortilla chips.
If you try Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole or any other recipe from my blog, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking
- 2 packs Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos
- 16 oz Chili Beans
- 10 oz Cacique® Queso Fresco Cheese
- 2 cups Tater Tots
- Mexican Style Sour Cream, Cilantro Lime
- Chopped Parsley or Cilantro
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Follow the instructions on the back of the Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos; Heat in the oven-safe dish or pan. I used a Dutch oven with a fitted lid.
- After you heat the chorizo add chili beans and mix it well to combine.
- Crumble cheese on the top, then in one layer place tater tots next to each other.
- Slightly press potatoes down, cover the dish with the lid and bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- After 15 minutes, remove the lid and turn the oven broiler on medium temperature.
- Bake casserole under the broiler for an additional 5 minutes or until potatoes are crunchy and the casserole is bubbling. Make sure to stand by so it does not burn.
- Garnish with an equal drizzle of Mexican Sour Cream and chopped parsley or cilantro.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Minerva Dairy. All opinions are entirely my own. What a better way to start September than with warm and appetizing sage and brown butter gnocchi. This delightful dish screams comfort food to me. Fall food read more