Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting. My kids had these as a traditional burger in a bun, with pickles, tomato, and condiments.…
This tasty and easy tuna pizza is amazing all year round. You may make your own dough, use store-bought or perhaps tortilla. Whatever you choose it is absolutely amazing. With this recipe, I am entering Tonnino Tuna Recipe Challange. After debating for a few weeks…
Much like a cottage or shepherd’s pie, my easy fisherman pie is one amazing meal that you must try.
What is the difference you ask?
Well, this easy fisherman pie recipe is made with fish instead. We absolutely love this for our Friday supper or Sunday lunch.
You can even mix different types of fish, depending on which one is in season and creates a meal fit for a king or a queen.
Now, let us talk about fish. I got my fish from Sitka Salmon Shares, but allow me to tell you a bit more about them. I really believe in this company, and I love what they are doing.
Fish is without a doubt the best one that I had in a long time. You will not be disappointed, plus the fish comes to your doorstep which is fantastic but read more about Sitka Salmon Shares below.
Sitka Salmon Shares Is:
Wild: Wild-caught from the pristine waters of Southeast Alaska
Community-based: Sourced from traditional fishing communities. Supported by a Midwest community of conscious consumers.
Premium: Harvested and hand-processed individually. lash-frozen at the peak of freshness to ensure the highest quality, guaranteed.
Sustainable: Harvested using hook-and-line methods to minimize negative ecological impact.
Traceable: The only fully-integrated Midwest CSF. 100% traceability from boat to doorstep.
Just: Owned by a collective of carefully selected small-scale family fishermen, all of whom retain 20-30% more of the retail value or their harvest.
Convenient: Home delivered directly to your door, with recipes, newsletters, and more
Conscious: Carbon offsets purchased and 1% of revenue donated back to the wild.
I really hope you guys like this recipe because it is amazing and so delicious. It is not even that complicated, but I went a step further and separated each step so it is easier for you to make at home.
You can use any fish and throw in shrimps as well. It’s absolutely phenomenal. That being said, if you have a chance to get fish from Sitka Salmon Shares, your fish recipes will taste even better. I can guarantee you that.
If you try Easy Fisherman Pie please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseascyoocking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you in advance!
Baking dish by Xtrema Ceramic Cookware.
- MASHED POTATO TOPPING
- 1 1/2 lbs. (750g) Idaho potatoes, more if you like
- 1/2 cups (118 ml) Half and half
- 3 tbsp (42 g) Unsalted butter,
- Salt to taste
- 16 oz (500 g) Wild Alaskan Coho Salmon
- 16oz (500 g)Wild Alaskan Pacific Cod
- 10 oz (300g) Wild Alaskan Rockfish
- 2 cups (475 ml) Whole Milk
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) unsalted butter
- 3-4 tbsp (30 to 40 g) plain, all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups (600ml) Whole Milk, splash more if needed
- 3.5 oz (100 g) grated Swiss cheese, or any on hand like sharp cheddar, grated gruyère cheese, etc,
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Generous pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish and adding on the fish
- 4-5 hard-boiled eggs, sliced in half
- 3 oz swiss cheese (or grated gruyère cheese)
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Place in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Season with salt. Place over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are just tender when you pierce it with the fork.
- To cooked and drained potatoes, add about 1/2 cup or 118 ml of half and half, and 3 tablespoons the unsalted butter. Crush the potatoes, an and combine with half and half (or cream, milk) and butter until smooth. It doesn't have to be perfectly smooth. Lumps are welcome for this dish. Set aside.
- If the fish is frozen, defrost it. You may leave it overnight in the fridge.
- Place all fish and chopped onion in a large saucepan. Cover with milk. Place over medium-low heat and bring to a slow simmer. Poach fish for about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer fish to a baking dish. Strain the milk into a bowl and discard excess. Set aside to cool. By the way, I remove skin, however I like to add in the pot with the fish just to add more flavor. After poaching discard it.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed pan over low heat and stir in the flour. Add milk bit by bit, stirring after every addition until you have a smooth, silky sauce. Bring to the rolling boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 6 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add in the grated cheese, then squeeze in the lemon juice and keep stirring until the cheese is melted. Season with salt and little black pepper, then remove from the heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Place fish in the baking dish, pour over with the sauce, then add some cheese, equally scatter about the handful of swiss cheese.
- Chop into smaller pieces hard boiled eggs then add them over fish. Add a bit of chopped parsley.
- Spoon or pipe the mashed potato over the fish, starting at the edge of the dish and working inwards. Scatter with cheese over the top and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, the sauce is bubbling up at the sides and the top is golden.
- Allow it to cool down for at least 10 minutes and served with vegetables such as spinach, peas, and carrots, etc. or maybe just a bowl of mixed green.
- You can use any fish that you prefer or like, and throw in shrimps as well. It’s absolutely phenomenal. The most popular fish is white fish such as haddock or cod, salmon and shrimp. I have seen it with crab as well, but I say use whatever fish you go. Also, use of that is more affordable to you.
- There is no right or wrong. I believe that everyone have their own household staple fierman pie. Some using wine, some spinach, peas or mushrooms, etc.
- I use fish, white creamy sauce, boiled eggs, cheese and mashed potatoes. That's how my family likes it so I am making it this way.
- Over time it will be easier and easier to prep and make this dish but it is really not complicated.
- You can make this in dutch oven as well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sausage and vegetable frittata recipe is my go-to meal when it comes to breakfast or brunch. It is easy for you to make, affordable so you can feed your whole family on a budget and so delicious. Well, sausage and vegetable frittata is a perfect…
An easy and very tasty recipe for Beef Chili Baked Potatoes. It took me a while until I finally decided to post this gem. My dear family loves many, many dishes that I make. I will be honest, beef chili baked potatoes are probably in…
Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner so I put together a round-up of recipes. They all amazing, easy and delicious.
I do not about you, but in my house, we love Mexican cuisine. I make it at least once a week.
Spicy or non-spicy as long as it got Mexican favor I will devour the whole platter or tacos, enchiladas or burritos.
I could pretty much eat refried beans with a spoon. Yes, shamelessly I have done that before. I have no regrets admitting that fact.
So, some recipes are, of course, fusion but nonetheless, they are so tasty and very easy for anyone to prepare.
I really hope you make some my delicious Cinco de Mayo recipes for your celebration.
If you please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use my hashtag #sandraseaycooking. Thank you!!!
Without further ado, here is my round-up of amazingly delicious recipes from my blog. Direct links under each image.
I wish you safe and happy Cinco de Mayo!
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole, in my opinion, is one of the best side dishes for the holiday season, as well as all year round weeknight dinner dish. I do not make this often. Simply because my family cannot stop eating it until the baking dish…
I love Mexican cuisine as much as Tex-Mex food. I mean, who would say no, right?! A bit of Texas with a bit of Mexico and you get an amazing combo bursting with flavor. These beef taco bowls are just incredibly tasty. You can make…
Who loves Salmon? I simply love it especially made this way. However, I am not picky at all. When it comes down to this delicious fish, I could eat it pretty much any
I really try to make fish and serve it to my family at least once a week. One tip though, always get salmon that is Wild caught, opposed to getting the one that is farm raised.
You would think that they taste the same, and you are getting identical nutrition, but no, there is a difference.
Do not get me wrong, I bought a farm-raised salmon many times, but I try to get wild caught when it is
Atlantic salmon and Pacific salmon look similar on the outside. But between species and even within the same species, each type of salmon can have different flavors, textures, and flesh color.
Again depends on my availability, I switch between Atlantic and Pacific Salmon. Now, if the salmon is frozen, try to defrost it. For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 minutes. Once
If you try this recipe or another from my website, please tag me on social media, preferably Instagram @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could see all your creations and share with everyone else. Thank you so much for all your support!
Lemon Herb Grilled Salmon
- 1 1/2 pounds Salmon with skin
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Freshly Chopped Dill
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Lemon slices for the garnish
- Wood pellets: MESQUITE or HICKORY
- When ready to cook, set the temperature to 325F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, softened unsalted butter, dill, parsley, sea salt, and ground black pepper.
- Generously slather the top of the salmon fillet with the mixture and top with a slice of lemon. You may allow marinating for about 10 minutes or so to absorb the mixture.
- Place the salmon fillets on the hot grill grate, skin-side facing down.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 145F and flakes easily, or until the salmon is cooked to your preferred taste.
Serve with Lemon slices and perhaps garlic-butter dip
How long do you cook salmon in the oven?
- It will depend on the size and the thickness of your salmon, of course. If your filet is thick I’d say about 25 minutes in the oven at 400ºF. But it has a normal size I would say about 15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Products from Amazon.com
You cannot get a meal more simple than these Beef and Sauce Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Boats. Yes, it does take some time until the squash is cooked but that is pretty much it. My husband and I devoured this one. Even though I did not…