Salmon and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner is the best. Not only that you can mix and match vegetables, but it is all year round kind of meal. Don’t you agree? One of our favorite fish is salmon. We just love salmon made any way possible; read more
These Tasty Labor Day Recipes that I have picked for you guys are easy, delicious, affordable and approachable. You can make them any time you want not just over Labor Day and 4th of July, or any other holiday. If you are like my family read more
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting.
My kids had these as a traditional burger in a bun, with pickles, tomato, and condiments.
However, my husband and I loved it in my amazing side dish, Yellow Rice with Peppers and Tomato Sauce.
Goodness! That meal was fitting for a king and a queen. It was so tasty that I wished we had leftovers.
This burger is approachable with accessible ingredients. If you like tuna cakes, then you will love these for sure.
Although, I have to add that the taste is far better than tuna cakes. For instance, there is nothing like using fresh fish like this Alaskan halibut.
I feel a bit spoiled and extremely grateful because I get fresh fish from Alaska every month. Sitka Salmon Shares has been a blessing to me and my family.
We really love fish, but after getting from this monthly subscription, I know what a difference it has made for us.
Sometimes, it is total through back to the ’80s when we would vacation for weeks at the Adriatic Sea.
We would eat freshly caught seafood all the time. Nonetheless, over the years you forget how wild salmon taste or cod.
My family loves going on fishing trips and I really appreciate all the catch that my boys would bring o our tend. However, can you even imagine getting a full box, a bounty of delicious fish every month?
We are talking about three species of wild salmon and four species of whitefish, all seasonally home-delivered to your doorstep through our Community Supported Fishery.
Perhaps Wild Alaskan sockeye salmon, pot-caught spot prawns, and more sounds better to you.
Now, let us talk about fish. I got my fish from Sitka Salmon Shares, but allow me to tell you a bit more about them.
I believe in this company, and I love what they are doing.
Fish is without a doubt the best one that I had in a long time. You will not be disappointed, plus the fish comes to your fantastic doorstep but read more about Sitka Salmon Shares below.
SITKA SALMON SHARES IS:
Wild: Wild-caught from the pristine waters of Southeast Alaska
Community-based: Sourced from traditional fishing communities. Supported by a Midwest community of conscious consumers.
Premium: Harvested and hand-processed individually. lash-frozen at the peak of freshness to ensure the highest quality, guaranteed.
Sustainable: Harvested using hook-and-line methods to minimize negative ecological impact.
Traceable: The only fully-integrated Midwest CSF. 100% traceability from boat to doorstep.
Just: Owned by a collective of carefully selected small-scale family fishermen, all of whom retain 20-30% more of the retail value or their harvest.
Convenient: Home delivered directly to your door, with recipes, newsletters, and more
Conscious: Carbon offsets purchased and 1% of revenue donated back to the wild.
If you make Simple Halibut Burger Recipe or any other recipe from my blog, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtags #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much!
- 1 pound halibut burger meat
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, plus 3 tablespoons extra
- If your halibut burger meat is frozen then defrost first. I like placing mine in the fridge overnight and mix the ingredients in the morning so it could marinate all day in my fridge for the best-tasting burger.
- Prep and measure everything, then combine all the ingredients in one large bowl.
- Line a tray, plate or a baking sheet with silicone baking mat, parchment paper or even plastic wrap would work. This will get the burgers off the tray easily.
- Divide the mixture meat into 4 and roll each portion into a ball. Press the balls down gently with your hands to form 4 patties. Sometimes I make them a bit smaller; you could get 6 smaller patties or 4 thicker once. 4 patties would make a bit over 4 oz burger patty.
- Coat each patty with the breadcrumbs on both sides then place on the tray/plate. You can use any breadcrumbs on hand; panko, plain, Italian style, etc.
- Now, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to up to 12 hours. Allowing burgers to marinate in the fridge will help them bind better as well as cook easier, plus the flavor will be that much tastier.
- Turn your stove to medium-high and heat cast-iron skillet or just a frying pan if you do not have a cast-iron skillet.
- Add the patties, in batches, and cook until browned on the bottom, 2 minutes on one side then flip and cook 3 minutes on the other, flip again and let t cook for an additional two to three minutes, adjusting the heat if necessary. The patties will feel firmer in the center when done.
- They are great the next day as well, just make sure to refrigerate them.
You may use some dill as well for the fresh burgers. Also, green onions work well with this mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Juvale Parchment Paper Sheets - 200-Count Precut Unbleached Parchment Paper for Baking, Half Sheet Pans, Non-Stick Baking Sheet Paper, Brown, 12 x 16 Inches
- Silicone Baking Mats - Non Stick Sheet Mat - Large BPA Free Professional Grade Liner Sheets - Perfect Bakeware for Making Cookies Macarons, Bread and Pastry (2)
- Anchor Hocking Glass Food Prep and Mixing Bowls, 4 Quart (Set of 2)
- Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Cookware Set - Square Grill Pan with Square Tempered Glass Lid (10.5 Inch)
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned and Ready for Stove Top or Oven Use, 10.25", Black
This tasty and easy tuna pizza is amazing all year round. You may make your own dough, use store-bought or perhaps tortilla. Whatever you choose it is absolutely amazing. With this recipe, I am entering Tonnino Tuna Recipe Challange. After debating for a few weeks read more
Much like a cottage or shepherd’s pie, my easy fisherman pie is one amazing meal that you must try. What is the difference you ask? Well, this easy fisherman pie recipe is made with fish instead. We absolutely love this for our Friday supper or read more
Sausage and vegetable frittata recipe is my go-to meal when it comes to breakfast or brunch. It is easy for you to make, affordable so you can feed your whole family on a budget and so delicious.
Well, sausage and vegetable frittata is a perfect startup a recipe for anyone to begin cooking. It is also versatile, but frittatas are versatile in general.
Anyhow, my family is obsessed with frittatas. Sometimes I make them in cupcake or muffin tin. With that being said, if you make them that way it is just great if you are struggling with portion control.
I shared my amazing recipe for savory frittata cups. We all need one more frittata recipe, right? Click here for the recipe.
So, if you do not know what is Frittata, well it is actually an Italian version of Omellete. You would usually fold omelet in half and all the cheese and filling would be in the middle.
Personally, to me, a frittata is more of crustless quiche, but correct me if I am wrong or way off. Hey, regardless, they are so delicious and amazing to make any time of the day.
I know one thing, this kind of simple meal saved me so many times on days when I am busy. We always have ingredients to make a couple of frittatas for my whole family.
If you make this recipe or if I inspire you to make any of my recipes please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
To me, it’s all about sharing food so I would love to share at least a picture of your creation with others. Thank you in advance!
Now, let us make this easy, tasty and amazing frittata. What do you say? Let me know in the comments what kind of dishes are your go-to meals?
Products from Amazon.com
I really hope you like this tasty Sausage and Vegetable Frittata Recipe.
- 4-6 large eggs, mixed
- 1/2 tbsp. Oil
- 1 tbsp. unsalted Butter
- 1/4 pound Italian Sausage, sauteed (casing removed)
- 2 Scallions, chopped, reserve some of the green parts for garnish
- 4 Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 Green Pepper, diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat a skillet, until almost smoking point then drizzle a bit of oil coating the bottom of the frying pan or a skillet.
- If the sausage is in casting, remove it and add the sausage into the skillet. Break it into small pieces and cook until cooked through, about 5 minutes on medium high. Remove the sausage from the skillet and onto a plate.
- In the skillet add butter, allow it to melt then add chopped green onions, saute for a few seconds, and add sliced mushrooms as well as green pepper.
- Allow it to cook for about 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat then put the cooked sausage back to the skillet and mix it all together. Season it with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Stir well to coat.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs until they are combined, then add heavy whipped cream and just a pinch of salt. Mix it well until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet over the sausage mixture, and let it cook for a couple of minutes on the stove top.
- You may flip it on the other side and add cheese, OR preheat a broiler on high and cook under broiler for about 30-40 seconds. Make sure 1. That you have Oven SAFE skillet or frying pan. 2. Watch it so the frittata does not burn because it is under the broiler and it will bake fast.
- After 30-40 seconds, take the frittata out and add cheese. Put it back in the oven again for another 30-40 seconds or until the cheese is melted.
- Take it out of the oven when the cheese is bubbly and completely melted.
- Garnish frittata with those reserved green parts of scallions and serve hot and immediately!
- You may use milk instead of whipped cream.
- you can use ground beef instead of Italian sausage.
- If you dislike mushrooms please omit. You may use whatever you wish in the frittata.
- Provolone cheese or mild cheddar might work well in the frittata.
- Use as many eggs as you can eat. I usually go by two per person but that all depends. I like adding one extra because my husband or my boys love eggs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
An easy and very tasty recipe for Beef Chili Baked Potatoes. It took me a while until I finally decided to post this gem. My dear family loves many, many dishes that I make. I will be honest, beef chili baked potatoes are probably in read more
Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner so I put together a round-up of recipes. They all amazing, easy and delicious. I do not about you, but in my house, we love Mexican cuisine. I make it at least once a week. Spicy or read more
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole, in my opinion, is one of the best side dishes for the holiday season, as well as all year round weeknight dinner dish.
I do not make this often. Simply because my family cannot stop eating it until the baking dish is licked clean. We just love this meal so much.
Well, what’s not to like, right? We have creamy potatoes, cheese, and bacon. It literally cannot get any better than that. All my favorite things in one bite.
Ever since we adopted a low carb lifestyle, my husband and I do not eat potatoes. I know, it is sad.
I do miss potatoes the most, but I gotta stick to what’s the best for me.
Anyhow, my kids reminded me of this dish just last week. I was so excited to make it for them.
So, with that being said, I realized that I never in these 9 years of blogging posted this incredibly easy and I must add a tasty recipe.
Now, you can serve this with a side of steamed veggies, or with some meat.
I feel like it is absolutely perfect for holiday family gatherings,
Well, I know that many of you, especially veteran-moms like me, have come up with a similar recipe. P
However, the point of my blog is to post all kinds of recipes. Some going to be easy and some a bit harder, but none complicated.
Of course, the focus is on easy dishes. 30 to 45 minutes from start to finish. Nobody got the time to spend hours in the kitchen and you shouldn’t.
To be honest, I do not spend hours in the kitchen, unless it is Thanksgiving or me testing recipes. I don’t mind spending time in the kitchen, but it is really unnecessary.
Aso, you can use potato flakes, but I believe that freshly made mashed potatoes taste so much better. You’re welcome!!!
Similar recipes that you might like:
Hey, if you make this amazing Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking
I am on other social media, just tap on one of the social media tabs or bottoms on the side or on the very bottom of the website.
- 4 pounds Russet Potatoes
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Half and Half, a splash more if needed
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, split in half
- 5-6 Slices of Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Chives or Green Onions, green part
- Peel and dice the potatoes in the equal size. Place the potatoes in the large pot and cover with water. Add a generous pinch of salt. Boil the potatoes over medium high heat in the water about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the potatoes well, then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, and salt. Smash the potatoes with a fork or potato masher. For the creamiest mashed potatoes use a hand mixer. Mix until smooth in texture. It is the best blending tool for it.
- Add half of the shredded cheddar cheese and fold in to combine.
- Place mashed potatoes in the baking dish and try to make the top smooth. Then add the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- While the Casserole is baking, cook bacon. After it is crunchy, transfer it to kitchen paper towel then crumble it.
- Top baked mashed potato casserole with bacon and chopped chives or green onions.
Choose higher starch potatoes, such as Russet or Yukon gold for the best and most flavor-packed mashed potatoes.
You can make this dish ahead and store in the fridge. Just bake it.
Personally, I do not like storing it longer than a day, but if you ever stored potatoes in the fridge then you do whatever you feel is the best for you.
If you do not eat bacon, you may use other smoked products such as turkey bacon or smoked bits of beef or chicken.
I love Mexican cuisine as much as Tex-Mex food. I mean, who would say no, right?! A bit of Texas with a bit of Mexico and you get an amazing combo bursting with flavor. These beef taco bowls are just incredibly tasty. You can make read more