Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner so I put together a round-up of recipes. I do not about you, but in my house, we love Mexican cuisine. I make it at least once a week. Spicy or non-spicy as long as it got […]
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole, in my opinion, is one of the best side dishes for the holiday season, as well as all year round weeknight dinner dish. I do not make this often. Simply because my family cannot stop eating it until the baking dish […]
I love Mexican cuisine as much as Tex-Mex food. I mean, who would say no, right?! A bit of Texas with a bit of Mexico and you get an amazing combo bursting with flavor
These beef taco bowls are just incredibly tasty. You can make it more spicy or mild. It is all how you prefer your food, that is why you have to taste
Add a pinch of this and that until you reach your preference. I always say you can add more seasoning later, so add just a pinch or two and taste.
I love spicy food as well as my children but my husband does not. Well, he likes it a little, but not much.
I really hope that you all like this easy recipe. You can modify this one to meet your lifestyle requirements, such as low carb.
I love serving this beef over cauliflower rice or in low carb tortillas, as well as making my lunch box into this amazing taco salad.
My family absolutely love this type of meals. Usually they add refried beans or even chili beans. Such a comfort food that most people just love, and it is really simople to prep.
You can even prep ahead, refrgirate and serve later. It is as simple as it sounds.
This tasty Beef taco recipe is the closest to classic Tex-Mex Style version of tacos. It is easy and very delicious.
- 1 pound (453g) Ground Beef 80/20
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1/4 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Adobo Sauce
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- TOPPING OPTION:
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Tomatoes, diced
- Shredded Lettuce
- Red Onion, diced
- Parsey or cilantro, chopped
- FRESH or pickled Jalapenos
- Sour Cream
- Guacamole or plain Avocado
- Taco Tortilla Bowls, shells or soft tortillas
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef sprinkled with seasonings over medium heat.
- Remove as much grease as possible then stir in adobo and tomato sauce and lastly season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately and with desired toppings.
You may serve beef in soft tortillas, taco shells or taco bowls.
Toppings are up to you.
If you do not eat tortillas, you can serve this beef over rice or cauliflower rice. Or use Low Carb Tortillas
You may add beans or even refried beans.
You may even make your own bowls. Check out my Amazon Store for more details.
Please, comment and tag me if you make it. Or just post a pic on Instagram and tag me @sandraseasycooking so I can re-post. Make sure to use my hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you, guys, for all your support!!!
Who loves Salmon? I simply love it especially made this way. However, I am not picky at all. When it comes down to this delicious fish, I could eat it pretty much any possible way prepared. I really try to make fish and serve it […]
You cannot get a meal more simple than these Beef and Sauce Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Boats. Yes, it does take some time until the squash is cooked but that is pretty much it. My husband and I devoured this one. Even though I did not […]
Every so often you just have to enjoy a delicious sandwich. I think there is undoubtedly nothing better than a French staple grilled cheese sandwich.
Also, better known as Croque-Monsieur Sandwich. In translation, it means Gentlemen’s Crunch.
My favorite way to eat a croque-madame is with a little sunny-side-up egg on top, with a drizzle of hot sauce!
With that being said, you should also try a “Croque Mademoiselle” which is a vegetarian version with cucumber or zucchini and chives.
I genuinely feel like this sandwich instantly transports you back to a French café or charming bistro, where you may have ordered it while sipping on a café au lait.
You may know this sandwich in the USA as a Monte Cristo Sandwich. Nevertheless, it is delicious whatever you call it.
My husband and I devoured it because we absolutely love a good sandwich. Especially with premium carved cuts of high-quality meats like Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham.
I partnered with Hillshire Farm to make something very delicious using their Premium Carved Meats.
We used Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham to make this delicious sammie.
So, I took a trip to Walmart and located the packaged lunch meat in the perimeter coolers. There, I found Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Oven Roasted Turkey Breast. As well as Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Breast.
Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Meats are perfect for any occasion. You can make an amazing meal in no time. They’re all-natural, contain no artificial ingredients, no nitrates, no nitrites, and no artificial preservatives, and are made from only high-quality ingredients
If you try my Croque-Monsieur Sandwich Recipe or any other from my site please tag me on INSTAGRAM. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION:
Every so often you just have to enjoy a delicious sandwich. I think there is undoubtedly nothing better than a French staple grilled cheese sandwich, better known as Croque-Monsieur. In translation, it means Gentlemen’s Crunch.
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter reserve 1/2 tbsp for buttering the bread
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoon/s All-purpose flour substitute 1/4 tbsp Guar gum
- 2-2 1/2 cups Whole milk
- 3 ounces Gruyère Cheese, grated substitute with Swiss Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Sprigs of Thyme steam removed
- 1/2 tablespoon Melted Unsalted Butter reserved from Bechamel Sauce)
- 8 slices Sandwich Bread preferably rustic, or traditional Brioche toast
- 8 slices Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Meat, I used Ham
- 8-10 ounces Gruyère Cheese, grated substitute with Swiss Cheese (aged)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives or green onions
Shread/Grate the cheeses; Gruyère Cheese and Swiss Cheese. You may use more or less, but I think this is a perfect amount. I like shredding my own cheese and it melts even better when you do it.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a small saucepan and add the flour all at once, stirring with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Add milk; bring to a simmer.
- Cook, whisking frequently, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the salt, pepper, grated Gruyere, and the Swiss and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in bottom third. Place 8 bread slices on the baking sheet, butter each toast with unsalted butter, then toast for a couple of minutes.
- After the toast slices are nicely golden take it out of the oven. Just to note that you can toast bread in a large toaster or conventional oven as well if that saves you time.
- Top each with half with bechamel sauce, about 1 tablespoon equally spread, then add slices of the ham and shredded Gruyère. Top with remaining bread.
- On the very top of each sandwich add about 1 more tablespoon of the Bechamel sauce and generous amount of shredded Gruyère.
- Turn the oven broiler on high and transfer the baking sheet with sandwiches in the oven. Broil until the top of the sandwiches with bechamel sauce and cheese begins to bubble, approximately 2 minutes.
- Slice in half and enjoy
For Croque-Madame add a fried sunny side up egg on the top and serve.
- For Croque-Madame, add a fried sunny-side-up egg on top and serve.
- Gruyère cheese is one of the finest Swiss cheeses. Its taste is nutty and salty when new but varies greatly with age. Since it can be quite pricy, you can substitute with regular Swiss cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Spring Chef Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons for Dry or Liquid, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6
- Carote 6.3 Inch/1 Quart Milk Saucepan PFOA Free Stone-Derived Non-Stick Coating From Switzerland, Bakelite Handle With Wood Effect (Soft Touch) With Lid, Suitable For All Stove Including Induction
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver
Delicious steak! How do you like it, rare, medium-rare or well done? I am medium rare to a well-done type of person… or at least somewhere in between. I desperately wanted to grill this one the other day or at least smoke it, but the […]
One more old recipe repost because it is winter season, this is comfort food that we love during winter, and you guys kept asking for this recipe. So here
As much as this recipe seems complicated, I have to say it is not so much. Maybe because I grew up eating it, and also I believe the first time when I made it was like 20 years ago, so it is very simple for me.
Traditionally, Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Sarma has to be made with a pickled or fermented whole head of cabbage, which tastes like shredded sauerkraut.
So, it is a pickling process that many people in parts of the Balkan or Southeastern Europe prepare a few months in advance to have it ready for the holiday season.
What I am showing you today is a much faster version of pickling, and slightly similar to the original and got to say extremely tasty
I did not pickle cabbage last fall. So in cases like this when I really crave these rolls I just boil the whole cabbage head in salty- vinegar water, and under the lid. Let it kind of marinade in that boiled hot water for an hour or so.
It becomes a bit tender and slightly sour, but to cut the story short read the recipe with the easy to follow pictures.
When I feel nostalgic this is the version that I am making most of the time because don’t have fermented cabbage all the time or all year round.
This is so delicious and one of my ultimate favorite comfort foods. I know many share the same feeling regarding it because it is loved all over the world.
STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES:
Wash the cabbage and take the middle root by carving it out. Boil the whole cabbage head by putting it in a large pot. Pour over hot boiled water mixed with vinegar and salt. Let it boil again for the next 20 minutes or until the cabbage is softer to the touch
Once the cabbage is softerÂ to the touch, cover it with the lid. Turn off the heat and let it sit in a sour and salty hot water for next 20 minutes or until you are ready for the next step. WASH the cabbage after with a cold water to remove some of the brine.
Combine the meat mixture by adding ground beef, Vegeta/seasoning, shredded onion, minced garlic/or garlic powder, ground black pepper, and rice. I always taste to see if I need more seasoning, but meat is always fresh.
eparate the cabbage leaves and cut the thick root in the back of each leaf because of the easier folding.
Put cabbage leaves in your palm and add about 2 Tbs. Meat mixture (smaller meatball). Look at the picture for the complete instruction. These instructions are important. If you don’t roll and wrap cabbage rolls correctly, they will open, and meat will get out. Once the wrapping is over, go to the next step.
Boil 2 cups of Beef stock + 3 cups of water with 1 Tbs. Vegeta; set aside.
In a large pot, add a bit of minced onion, olive oil (or any on your hand), place each roll on the bottom of the pot. If you have meat leftovers crumble on the top, shredded sauerkraut, a few garlic cloves.
Then the rest of the cabbage leaves lay on top and over the cabbage rolls. Put a few slices of bacon or any smoked products, sweet paprika, a bit more chopped garlic and parsley, and about 1/2 tbs. Ground black pepper.
Now that you layer everything correctly; put it on the stove and with previously boiled broth, water, and Vegeta slowly pour over. Also liquid needs to go over the cabbage rolls at least an inch-
Turn the heat on high until it boils again, once it’s boiled cover and turn the heat on a medium-low. 10. Let it cook for the next 40 minutes.
NOTE: If you do not want to make them as a sour, just skip adding vinegar and sauerkraut. I added cause it is reminding me of the way people from my country make it.
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is affiliated with Amazon.
I started to add items to my Amazon store and connecting it here as well. If you see Amazon link, banner or a product here on my blog then it is placed by me.
If you make my Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Sarma, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
Traditionally made Cabbage Meat Rolls. These rolls are made with fermented cabbage which gives you more of a sour taste, but very delicious. Since we don’t have fermented cabbage all the time, I made my own just by quick pickling cabbage.
- 1 head of fresh Cabbage You may use Savoy Cabbage as well
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Salt
- NOTE: I use vinegar to boil my cabbage because I didn't have any homemade sour cabbage. This is only if you do not have a whole head of pickled cabbage (Sauerkraut).
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 2 Tbsp. Vegeta -European spice OR 2 tbsp. Bouillon Seasoning/Beef seasoning etc. To taste**
- 1/2 Onion minced or shredded (keep some for later use)
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced or crushed
- 1/2 Tbs. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Rice soak it in the cold water for 5 min or so before adding it to the mixture
- 1 Tbs. Oil
- 2 1/2 Tbs. Vegeta or to taste bouillon seasoning or salt
- 2 cups Shredded Sauerkraut If you have homemade, that's the best
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 4-6 sliced Hickory-smoked Bacon or any meat/ sausage that is smoked/or ribs
- 1/2 Tbs. Sweet Red Paprika
- 1/3 of cup minced parsley
- 1/2 Tbs. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cups of stock/broth + water to fill to about 2 inches above it.
- 4 Tbsp. Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- Wash the cabbage and take the middle root by carving it out. Boil the whole cabbage head by putting it in a large pot, pour over hot boiled water mixed with vinegar and salt. Let it boil again for the next 20 minutes or until the cabbage is softer to the touch
- Once the cabbage is softer to the touch, cover it with the lid, turn off the heat and let it sit in a sour and salty hot water for the next 20 minutes or until you are ready for the next step. WASH the cabbage after with cold water to remove some of the brine.
- Combine the meat mixture by adding ground beef, Vegeta/seasoning, shredded onion, minced garlic/or garlic powder, ground black pepper, and rice. I always taste to see if I need more seasoning, but meat is always fresh.
- Now separate the cabbage leaves and cut the thick root in the back of each leaf because of the easier folding.
- Put cabbage leaves in your palm and add one medium-sized meatball. Don’t pack meatball, make it more lose. Look at the picture for the complete instruction. These instructions are important because if you don’t roll and wrap cabbage rolls correctly, they will open, and meat will get out. Once the wrapping is over, go to the next step.
- Boil 2 cups of Beef stock + 3 cups of water with 1 Tbs. Vegeta; set aside.
- You may. Bouillon Seasoning instead of Vegeta*
- In a large pot, add a bit of minced onion, olive oil (or any on your hand), place each roll on the bottom of the pot, if you have meat leftovers crumble on the top, shredded sauerkraut, a few garlic cloves, then rest of the cabbage leaves lay on top and over the cabbage rolls, put few slices of bacon or any smoked products, sweet paprika, a bit more chopped garlic and parsley, and about 1/2 tbs. Ground black pepper.
- Now that you layer everything correctly, put it on the stove and with previously boiled broth, water, and Vegeta slowly pour over- also liquid needs to go over the cabbage rolls at least an inch-
- Turn the heat on high until it boils again, once it’s boiled cover and turn the heat on a medium-low. 10. Let it cook for the next 40-45 minutes.
- After 40-45 minutes (if you need more water it is a good time to add more and boil before you add Roux) Mix 2 Tbs. Of all-purpose flour with 2 Tbs. Of Tomato sauce in a bowl. Combine it well and add about 3 Tbs. Of water. Stir until lumps are gone and you are left with a smooth and thin texture. Pour the Roux little bit at the time, but do not stir, kind of do the moving the pot in a shaky motion just to combine the thin Roux with the liquid to make like a thick sauce. If you can see the lumps in the pot use the wooden spoon to mash it. Add 2 more Tbs. Of tomato sauce for the color and taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
- Rachael Ray 58314 Cucina Stoneware Casserole Set, 3-Piece Casserole & Lid, Agave Blue
- Xtrema 11" 100% Ceramic Wok Frying Pan with Cover & Red Silicone Handle Pot Holder
For some people letting go of summer is hard, and some people live with summer all year round. We make this recipe all summer long and I am officially letting go of summer with these amazing Sweet Pan-Roasted Peppers with Garlic Infused Sauce. I am […]