Mushroom Risotto’s first taste is like a spoonful of sunshine- it’s a tasty and super simple recipe. The other day, I woke up and had this mad craving for Mushroom risotto. Oh, how much I cherish this dish. I vividly remember when my aunt, who read more
Category: SIDE DISHES
I love Pierogi probably my whole life, but homemade pierogi is entirely something different. Well, not really, but it’s homemade and they feel so much more special. You put so much love in making them so they should feel special, right? There are not many read more
— Using Kingsford Hardwood Pellets
This post is sponsored by Kingsford. The opinion and text are mine.
Cooking a whole family meal on the grill is not only a time-saver but also a very delicious way to prepare food. On top of that, you can create fabulous memories with your loved ones. I am all about creating memories, particularly around food.
Well, in this post, I am sharing a tasty sandwich with you, a side dish that could be served as a summer salad as well, and a comforting dessert that just about anyone would admire.
I think that the best part of summertime is cooking food outdoor on your grill. Who agrees with me? There is no mistake that the food tastes so much more enjoyable when it comes directly from your grill to the plate.
I partnered with Kingsford Hardwood Pellets to share with you all these appetizing grilled recipes.
Kingsford Hardwood Pellets are made with all-natural, pure flavor hardwoods and absolutely no fillers, binders or preservatives, bringing out undoubtedly the best possible flavor.
You must try their pellets because it will fire up the flavor in any pellet grill — Classic, Cherrywood, Hickory, Signature, and Maple flavor. Furthermore, Kingsford Hardwood Pellets are proudly made in the USA.
For my weekend family meal, I used Kingsford Cherrywood — all-natural 100% cherry hardwood. Additionally, as I said, there are no fillers, so cherry’s fruity aroma adds a delicate smoke flavor to any protein or vegetable, and pairs perfectly with pork.
These all-natural Kingsford pellets are made with pure flavor hardwood to deliver a sweetly refined smoke you will absolutely love. Regardless, you can most certainly use Classic, Hickory, or Signature Pellets, but I wanted to stick to Cherrywood for this meal!
How to use Kingsford Hardwood Pellets:
Pour wood pellets into a storage container, also known as a hopper. The pellets are then fed into a cooking chamber by the electricity-powered auger. Then the wood pellets ignite, heating the cooking chamber where the air is brought in by fans, and your food gets infused with a real wood smoky flavor.
If you try any recipe from my Full Meal from the Grill, please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking, using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance for all your support!
For detailed instruction check my Instagram highlights
Recipes you might like:
Full Meal from the Grill Recipes:
pork loin in the marinade, cover and keep in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours;
make sure to turn it around at least once.
anything you want in your grill. Flavorful and strong. Wood pellets are poured
into a storage container also known as a hopper. The pellets are then fed into
a cooking chamber by an auger that is powered by electricity.
closed for 15 minutes.
lid between each turn, until pork loin is seared all around. Reduce heat to
300F. Cook until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 150F
Remove from the grill and let rest for 15 minutes. Slice in 1/2" thick
slices on top of a bed of greens, shredded lettuce, mixed song greens, or
spots, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut kernels from cobs. Also,
grill serrano pepper until slightly charred. it is not necessarily must grill
peppers, but the flavor is better.
sliced cherry tomatoes, chile, and chopped cilantro to the vinaigrette and toss
to combine, season with salt and pepper.
marry. Just before serving add avocados and toss to coat.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4-1/2 oz., 9 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 to 5 tablespoons ice-cold water
- 12 ounces blueberries (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon regular or coarse sugar
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, salt, and sugar. Add butter,
and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal, 8 to 10 seconds.
- With the machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream through the
feed tube. Pulse until the dough begins to clump together in the bowl. Test by
squeezing a small amount of dough together: if it holds, you are good to go; if
it’s crumbly, add more ice-cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead once or twice to
bring the dough into one mass.
- Pat the dough with your fingers and palms to form a disc about 3/4″ thick.
Wrap in plastic and transfer to the refrigerator. Allow it to rest and chill
for an hour.
Make a galette:
- Preheat grill to 300° Fahrenheit.
- Toss blueberries with lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar in a large bowl,
then add cornstarch
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 10-12-inch round. You can also
divide and make a few smaller galettes.
- Place rolled out dough in the oven/grill safe skillet, let the edges drape
- Mound blueberries in center of the dough, leaving a 2" border. Fold
edges over, overlapping slightly. Brush dough with beaten egg and sprinkle with
- Bake galette until crust is dark golden brown and filling is bubbling, 45-50
minutes. Let cool before serving with vanilla ice cream.
Colcannon with Kale and Bacon is a tasty side dish and an excellent choice to make for St. Patrick’s Day, however, I could eat it probably every single day. Colcannon is a traditional Irish dish of buttery mashed potatoes with sauteed kale or cabbage. I read more
Root Vegetable Sheet Pan is an easy, tasty and very efficient as well as budget-friendly way to feed your family. On top of it, it is very delicious and nutritious. It goes perfectly with fish, poultry or any other meat or protein. Don’t you just read more
Baked Artichoke and Spinach Dip is such an easy recipe. All you need to do is put everything together bake and serve. It is a perfect treat to quickly make especially if you have unannounced guests.
I don’t know about you, but for me, even a simple dip is enough to satisfy my hungry belly.
I wanted to share this one for a while now but never really got a chance to do it.
Just the other day, I made it for my family and swear we could smear it over cooked pasta or dip potatoes wedges in this yummy dip.
It is such an easy way to create an incredible dish with a limited amount of ingredients.
Now, this is not just perfect for entertaining, but for movie nights, sporting parties, or potlucks. I made it many times just when I want a quick snack.
My daughter and I usually prep this one when we are catching up on our favourite shows.
Well, we serve a bunch of other things but this one is most certainly in the centre of our table. We just love munching on snacks and dips while enjoying our time together.
I really do hope you guys like this classic dip as much as my family and I love.
Hey, if you get inspired and make this quick and easy Baked Artichoke and Spinach Dip, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with hashtag #sandraseasycooking. I would love to see all your tasty creations. Thank you so much in advance!
RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened at room temp.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped, squeeze out any additional liquid
- 1 (14-oz.) can or a jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic (or 2 cloves minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until everything is combined and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a baking dish and smooth top with a spatula. Then, top the mixture with more shredded cheddar.
- Bake until bubbly and slightly golden, about 20 to 25 minute. Turn your oven to broil for 1 minute to make this dip into a deeper golden brown.
- Top with everything bagel seasoning, if desired.
- Serve with bread slices or crackers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Gibson Home 64584.01 Hummington 12-Inch Ceramic Non-Stick Open Fry Pan, White
- The Pioneer Woman Willow 8 Piece Measuring Scoops and Spring Floral Ceramic Measuring Spoons Set
- Wildone Baking Sheet with Silicone Mat Set, Set of 4 (2 Sheets + 2 Mats), Wildone Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet Baking Pan with Silicone Mat, Size 16 x 12 x 1 inch, Non Toxic & Heavy Duty & Easy Clean
- Bakeware Set -Premium Nonstick Baking Pans -Set of 5- Includes a Pie Pan, Square Cake Pan, Baking Pan, Bread Pan, Cup Cake Pan with Blue Silicone Hnadles By Intriom
- Silicone Spatula Set - 6 Piece Non-Stick Rubber Spatula Set with Stainless Steel Core - Heat-Resistant Spatula Kitchen Utensils Set for Cooking, Baking and Mixing - Red
SANDRA’S EASY COOKING a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking recommended products to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. My Amazon Store.
Cacio e Pepe Butternut Squash is one delicious, healthy and flavorful recipe. A perfect dish for your meatless Mondays or a quick weeknight dish if you wish to replace carblicious pasta. Well, we all know that Cacio e Pepe, or in translation cheese and pepper, read more
Jellied Cranberry Sauce is not something that I was eating my whole life. My kids did have this sauce every Thanksgiving, for instance. My husband and I learned to enjoy it. It is one of those dishes that both of us have not grown up read more
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Minerva Dairy. All opinions are entirely my own.
Buttery Sweet Potato Casserole is an appetizing and amazing side dish or dessert that will make any holiday dinner that much more special.
The holiday season is known as the coziest time of the year, and I couldn’t agree more. A time to relax, reflect and celebrate life with your loved ones is always a necessity.
I am so grateful for everything that I have achieved alongside with a very supportive family.
I make sure to seize maximum advantage during the holiday season to fully enjoy it. So, I prepare food in advance as well as include everyone in some sort of activity to make family dinners over the holiday season much easier on me.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and it honestly has to be one of my favorite celebrations. I must add that because of my profession, I have grown a love for food even more.
As well as admire experimenting out of my comfort zone when making different genres of it.
During Thanksgiving, I get the best of both worlds! I adore spending time with my dear family, and when we all gather together and share food around the table, it feels like my whole world is utterly complete.
One dish that will surely make it on a platter this year and many more to come is my sweet potato casserole. This delectable treat is delicate and so versatile.
You can traditionally serve it as a side dish delicacy, or a simple dessert. It’s naturally filling and sweet but not uncomfortably sugary.
It sits pleasantly after the savory main meal and abundantly satisfies any candied craving.
You can present it at any holiday party imaginable, or just on a cold, rainy night. Although Thanksgiving dinner is the most appropriate time of the year when this superb casserole is served the most.
Minerva Dairy Amish Butter undoubtedly makes this magnificent treat possible. I partnered with America’s oldest family-owned creamery once again to bring you an easy, yet fabulous recipe.
This butter is rich, creamy, and full of flavor because it has 85 present butterfat. It gives the casserole such a delicate and soft relish that is indescribable.
It melts in your mouth right after the first bite, and all of the munches that follow are left just as delicious as the initial one.
My family and I have been heartily enjoying fairly enough gourmet meals using Minerva Dairy Amish Butter.
Admirably, they have been in the business for 125 years, so you know they make phenomenal quality butter.
Minerva Dairy Amish Butter does slow-churned in small batches and they use only the freshest cream from pasture-raised cows on American family farms.
Furthermore, they provide many incredible flavors; unsalted, sea salt, garlic-herb, pumpkin spice, maple syrup, and smoked maple wood butter.
If you get inspired and make my Buttery Sweet Potato Casserole, please share it with me on Instagram by tagging me. @sandraseasycooking. Thank you in advance.
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 large egg
- 1/4 cup sea salt Minerva Dairy Amish Butter, room temp.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 cup coarsely crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 20 crackers)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups regular marshmallows, optional
Sweet Potato Prep:
1. Wash them.
The worst way to ruin a sweet potato casserole or a BBQ stuffed sweet potatoes is with a gritty texture. Scrub the skin lightly before preparing.
2. Line your baking sheet with foil, parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Sweet potatoes tend to get a little juicy while baking, so lining the baking sheet first ensures easy cleanup. Mess-free baking!
3. Poke holes!
The pricking technique is always used when baking regular or sweet potatoes—it reduces the baking time and ensures the potatoes won't burst. Use a fork to prick the potatoes all around.
4. Bake until tender.
How can you tell when they’re done? Stick a fork into the thickest part of the potato, if there’s no resistance and goes in almost smoothly, it’s done. For the casserole, scoop all the potato flash out and transfer into the large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, combine 7 casserole ingredients. Transfer to a baking casserole size dish (9×13-inch rectangular casserole pan, 8×8 or 9×9 square dishes; 9×13 also holds about 3 quarts of volume).
- Combine topping casserole ingredients; sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. This is a personal preference, you may add marshmallows on top of the casserole topping mixture and press it slightly down; if you desire classic sweet potato casserole use it, however, without it just as tasty.
- Bake, uncovered between 20-25 minutes. Serves warm!
You may use marshmallows or leave them out. You could make two smaller casseroles one with marshmallows and one without it to please everyone's palate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Baked Sweet Potatoes are one of my favorite Autumn treats. It warms your heart and soul, and the pleasant aroma is just enchanting. I did not grow up with sweet potatoes. The first time I tried sweet potatoes I was 18 or 19 years old. read more