A family gathering or holidays would not be the same without a delicious breakfast casserole, just like this Herbed Stuffing Sausage Casserole. They are a staple of my house, and I hope it will become a staple of yours as well. This is easy, tasty…
Category: SANDWICHES & WRAPS
Smoked Salmon Goat Cheese Appetizers are perfect bites to serve over joyous holidays. However, in my humble opinion, these are divine perfection all year round. Sometimes, instead of these rather gourmet crackers, I would serve it with toasted bruschetta. It is just so fancy, yet…
Jellied Cranberry Sauce is not something that I was eating my whole life. My kids did have this sauce every Thanksgiving, for instance. My husband and I learned to enjoy it.
It is one of those dishes that both of us have not grown up with. It was rather strange to me that it was eaten with Thanksgiving Supper.
I must admit, we have never mixed sweet and savory together on one plate. At least not me. Although, cranberries are known well to go phenomenally with meat.
I am still not able to combine it with my turkey or anything savory. Well, I just take a few tablespoons after a meal like a dessert or a palate cleanser.
It merely does not sit comfortably with my palate to mix it with other foods.
However, when it comes to side dishes, most people will agree that cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving dinner is a must.
With that being said, I really enjoy the taste, pleasant aroma, tartiness, sweetness and texture of cranberry sauce. Therefore, I have decided this year to develop jellied cranberry sauce.
Many people enjoy canned one, and I must say that it is really hard to replicate that stuff. I have tried it before, of course, many times when we were invited for Thanksgiving. However, we have never served it on our Thanksgiving table.
My oldest son, Aleks, took upon himself to make his own. For the last 6 years, we have been traditionally hosting Thanksgiving dinners, and Aleks would make his famous cranberry sauce. It is very delicious, and everyone always enjoyed it.
My jellied version is incredible. I was wrangling with the idea if I should share this recipe because it is super easy. However, my blog got an EASY word in the title, so why not share it?
I understand that not everyone knows what they are doing in the kitchen. So I want to show future cooks and beginners how easy it is to pick up a pot or skillet and make food yourself.
Most of the time you got to use your instincts and taste buds, rather than sticking to the recipe, you know. Sample or taste the food, feel it, touch it, and see if you like it or not.
Even in my own house, I argue with my kids if something is seasoned enough. To me, it is perfect, but they always add extra salt. We all acquire unique tastes.
Nevertheless, I hope you like this recipe. It does not take a rocket scientist to make it. Just follow simple guidelines and it will taste amazing.
Besides, you can make it in the glass container and serve it. I just thought it looked delightful when I made it in the large muffin tin. It seemed approachable since most people do have muffin or cupcake tins.
What was I thinking?! Well, In my defense it looked cute and it was not all that hard to take it out. Just dip the bottom in the hot water, take a butter knife and go around, then flip on the platter.
Garnish with extra oranges, fresh cranberries, and pomegranate. Perhaps, a few rosemary sprigs or any other similar herbs.
I made my own sugar cranberries. You just have to boil cranberries in one cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar for 2-3 minutes. Take them out with the slotted spoon.
Allow them to cool down for 5 to 10 minutes, then dip into sugar. That’s it! A simple yet looks so decorative with cranberry sauce.
If you make my yummy Jellied Cranberry Sauce, this Thanksgiving or the next, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. I would love to see your creations and share them with everyone.
Must have a Thanksgiving side dish!
- 12-ounce fresh or frozen cranberries, slightly thawed if frozen
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups cold water
- 2- 1/4-ounce envelopes of unflavored gelatin (you may use other flavors if you wish)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon allspice seasoning (it is a mixture of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg)
- Bring cranberries, sugar, and water to a boil in a heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until all berries have burst, 6-10 minutes depending on your stove.
- Start pouring into a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl and let stand until all juices have drained through about 10 minutes or so. If necessary, press on solids until there is enough juice to measure 3 cups, then discard solids or use them for muffins or similar. If you like it chunky then I would just mash it very well.
- Take one cup of drained cranberry juice out then stir together gelatin and let stand about 60 seconds to soften and dissolve. After it dissolves combine it with the rest of the cranberry juice mixture. Mix it well.
- Pour cranberry sauce into a lightly oiled mold/s and chill, covered with plastic wrap, until firmly set, at least 10 hours. You may use mason jars, glass containers with the lid or a decorative mold/s.
- To unmold, run the tip of a thin, preferably butter knife between the edge of mold and cranberry sauce. Tilt mold sideways and tap the side of the mold against a work surface, turning it, to evenly break the seal and loosen cranberry sauce. You may dip the mold of the container in the hot water to loosen it up on the bottom.
- Now, keep mold tilted, invert a platter over mold, then invert cranberry sauce onto a platter. If you are using mason jars, you could get smaller jars and serve each jar per guest as a serving size.
Cranberry sauce can be refrigerated in the mold for up to 2 days.
If you are low carb, and on a sugar-free diet, please use sugar alternative sweeteners.
If you do not have allspice seasoning, just mix together an equal part of cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Minerva Dairy. All opinions are entirely my own. Buttery Sweet Potato Casserole is an appetizing and amazing side dish or dessert that will make any holiday dinner that much more special. The holiday season is…
This post is sponsored by RITZ Crackers. All opinions are entirely my own. No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter RITZ Bars are easy, tasty and fantastic to serve over the holiday season. I have made this type of no-bake bar many times. What I love about this…
Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better.
If you like chicken salad or egg salad than you will love these low carb lettuce wraps. Addition of peas is optional, of course. However, they add such an amazing burst of sweetness.
You can add carrots or corn, or addition of all. Well, I think it just comes down to your personal preference.
It is all about creating something that you like. Taste and feel your food and see how you can develop a meal with your own twist.
Also, from time to time I would add eggs and sometimes I would skip including them.
The best part of this kind of salad is that you can use any chicken breast, although I would totally recommend rotisserie chicken.
Most of the time we do have leftovers after getting a large rotisserie chicken from the store and this is what we make.
It is just such a delicious and easy way to make lunch or even dinner.
My husband and I devoured this tray of lettuce wraps. I did not even miss bread or additional carbs.
That being said, I will probably slice some tomatoes and avocado the next time I serve these.
This salad reminds me greatly of my Russian Olivier Salad, except that I did not add smoked ham and boiled potatoes.
Oh, I can’t even tell you how much I love that salad that’s why I created this one. Something similar, but still somewhat different.
Please do check out my delicious and extremely easy Russian Olivier Salad because I have a feeling that you guys will love it.
Anyhow, if you make my amazing Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps please tag me on INSTAGRAM.
@sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance. I really appreciate all your support!
You may also like:
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe in a yummy croissant
- School Lunch Box with Amazing Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Asian Style Chicken and Pineapple Lettuce Wraps
Easy and tasty lunch or fun appetizers. Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better.
- 1 1/2-2 cup pull apart rotisserie chicken breast
- 4 large boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted (optional)
- 2 kosher pickles, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 Butterhead lettuce
- Use any leftover chicken breast such as oven-roasted chicken or even boiled, however, my recommendation is rotisserie. Take the skin off and pull off chicken breast meat off. Shred and pull apart with two forks or with your hands. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Boil eggs, 6 minutes in the boiling water. Submerge eggs in cold water, break them a bit and leave for 5 minutes before peeling. Peel eggs and chop into small pieces. Add eggs to the mixing bowl.
- Add diced pickles, lemon juice, a dash of salt and pepper, then mix it by tossing it.
- Now, add mayo and mustard and mix it to coat everything very well. Keep salad in the fridge before serving.
- Wash and separate butter lettuce or any lettuce on hand and add about 2 tablespoons of the salad in the middle of the lettuce cup.
- I like garnishing it with a dash of black pepper and sweet paprika or red hot chili pepper flakes. This really depending on your personal preference.
The salad could be refrigerated and in airt tight container for up to 3 days. That is for the best taste.
If you do not like peas, please omit or add corn or carrots.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Chef Collection, Premium 7 Pieces Wooden Cooking and Serving Utensils/Spatulas set |Small,Medium,Long plain,Dotted,Slotted Spatulas, Rice Spoon, Ladle|Nonstick Wooden Gadgets| Great Gift
- Zelite Infinity Chef Knife 8 Inch - Comfort-Pro Series - German High Carbon Stainless Steel - Razor Sharp, Super Comfortable
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cacique®. All opinions are entirely my own. Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole is one amazing dish to serve any time of the year, especially during parties. Whether you are showing how to pull together…
I am a sandwich person, and I could eat a sandwich probably every single day. However, when it comes to ham, slow-cooked pork, swiss cheese, pickles, mustard pressed in the Cuban bread there is nothing better in this world. I love this Tasty Pressed Cuban Sandwich.…
These Tasty Labor Day Recipes that I have picked for you guys are easy, delicious, affordable and approachable. You can make them any time you want not just over Labor Day and 4th of July, or any other holiday.
If you are like my family then you start making plans for BBQ cookout for Labor Day weekend weeks ahead. It is a long weekend so at least 2 days worth of tasty leftovers.
I wish you all safe, and tasty Labor day!
MEAT, FISH, AND POULTRY:
Collection of tasty meat, fish and poultry recipes from my blog!
Can you really start BBQ season without making some amazingly delicious, and finger-licking Smoked St. Louis Style Ribs? I think not.
These ribs are so tasty we have been making them on repeat for our meal prep because they hold so good o the fridge so well for a week.
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting.
Who loves Salmon? I simply love it especially made this way. However, I am not picky at all. When it comes down to this delicious fish, I could eat it pretty much any possible way prepared.
These Chicken Fajita Skewers are fresh, tasty, healthy, colorful, and the ultimate summer grilled food that everyone loves.
When I flipped those burgers and saw it, I was breaking a happy dance around the grill. They were delightful, flavorful and in another word orgasmic. I hope you make them soon, too.
I love burgers and I absolutely love my homemade beef burgers. They are really easy, perfectly seasoned and extremely tasty.
We grill a lot and these are always a hit with everyone along with my pita bread. Not to brag or anything, but I am kind of known around here for my homemade bread.
Easy, delicious and a perfect grilled food if you wish to skip grilled meat.
BREAD AND SANDWICHES:
My absolute favorite bread from my blog.
Refreshing, healthy and easy salad recipes that you guys going to love.
We all have a bit of sweet tooth. These dessert or sweet treats are perfect after savory grilled food to share with your loved ones.
If you make any of my Tasty Labor Day Recipes, please tag me on INSTAGRAM @SANDRASEASYCOOKING. Use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could share it with others. Thank you so much for your love and support… I wish you a wonderful holiday!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the National Peanut Board. All opinions are entirely my own. Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Dip is one outstanding sweet treat for all ages. It requires just a bit of your time to make it…