This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of PB2 Foods. All opinions are entirely my own. Chicken Burger with spicy peanut butter slaw was amazing. Not only are these simple to prepare, but after grilling or cooking, you can keep the patties read more
Category: CHICKEN RECIPES
Air-Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs are finger-licking delicious. In addition super easy recipe. Well, to be honest, I’m not the biggest fan of chicken thighs. Some people are white meat lovers and some dark, I am definitely a white meat lover. Yes, sometimes I like read more
Air Fryer Whole Chicken is so easy, and everyone in my house loves it. My favorite kitchen toy is an air fryer by far. As soon as we got it I was in love with it.
A year later we got another one. It is bigger with more settings such as baking, toasting and broiling together along with the initial air fryer function.
Now, this is not an air fryer review of any kind, but I really like this one in regards to how many functions it has.
However, I wouldn’t get this one again just because it is a bit too loud compared to my old one.
I’ve been wanting to make a whole chicken for a while now and since this air fryer is big enough, the chicken, that is around 4 pounds, fits easily.
So after marinating the chicken overnight in the fridge I finally had a chance to make it.
It took me around an hour and a half, turning two times around to get that crispy skin. It was worth it.
To be honest, I thought that it will be done much faster but at the same time, I didn’t want to risk cooking it at high temperatures.
It was low and slow, in a way, although for the first 30 minutes I air-fried it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then a for an hour it was cooked at 375 degrees.
This all depends on how big your chicken is. Make sure that the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees.
You must poke your meat thermometer at the thickest part of the chicken so it can read the most accurate temperature.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
If you get inspired and make this Air Fryer Whole Chicken, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with hashtag #sandraseasycooking. I would love to see all your tasty creations. Thank you so much in advance!
Air Fryer Whole Chicken is so easy, and everyone loves it. My favorite kitchen toy is an air fryer by far. As soon as we got it I was in love with it.
- 1 chicken, 3 lb to 5 lb (1.3kg to 2.2kg)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- Place the whole chicken in the large pot or a bowl (You can also use an extra-large ziplock bag to marinate). Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pin feathers and pat the outside dry.
- On the side mix olive oil, lemon juice, herbs, salt, and pepper then rub all over the chicken. under the skin, inside and all around. Close it or cover it and place it in the fridge for 10 to 12 hours, or overnight.
- You can roast this in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes at 375°F, but today we gonna use air-fryer.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and add butter under the skin and rub if possible all around the chicken.
- Air fry for 30 minutes at 350°F with back down and breast up, then turn it around and cook for 30 minutes with the breast down so the back could get a nice golden color as well at 375°F.
- After that turn, it again allows it to air-fry for an additional 30 minutes also at 375°F. If your chicken is bigger like 5 pounds it might take up to 40 additional minutes.
The cooking time depends a) on your air fryer and b) on the size of the chicken. Always use a meat thermometer to detriment if the chicken is cooked through. The safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius). When you're cooking a whole bird, it should be inserted into the thickest part of the thigh but not touching bone.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Organic Spice Rack by McCormick, 24 Herbs & Spices Included (Wood Spice Set for Wall or Countertop)
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver
- Ninja OP401 Foodi 8-Quart Pressure, Steamer, Air Fryer All-in- All-in-One Multi-Cooker, Black/Gray
- Lodge EC3D33 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 3-Quart, Caribbean Blue
One of my absolute favorite food is tasty, easy and pan-fried Chicken Schnitzels. I can eat this all day, and every single day without ever getting tired of, and I am not even exaggerating. I have a love-hate relationship with fried food, but I suspect read more
Chicken Marsala is an Italian-American dish made from chicken fillets or cutlets, mushrooms, garlic or onions, and Marsala wine. It is an easy yet extremely delicious way to prepare the chicken with incredibly creamy mushroom sauce. My family and I absolutely adore this dish. Well, read more
Individual Chicken Pot Pies are such a delight. To be serious, it is the comfort food at its finest.
I have decided to make them individually because they are portion size and they just look so adorable.
I do not know about you, but I find small pots of food more appealing and inviting. My kids agree with me as well.
Nevertheless, it has been raining all night and most of the dreary morning, so pot pie was just calling my name.
Besides, it was a pretty appropriate meal for this gloomy day that we were having.
I desperately wanted to make something that we dearly loved and a meal that will hug our belly on the inside.
Oh, I just loved seeing cheerful faces when they walked into the house after hours spend in school.
So, I know so many have a problem using canned products. I do not use it often, but these are utterly brilliant in a pot pie.
If you wish to make your homemade cream of chicken or any other creamy condensed soup, you are more than welcome.
There are many delicious recipes online for condensed soups so I am quite sure you could find a recipe to substitute store-bought cream of chicken.
This is my convenient shortcut and we all in y household love it, so I am not going to change it. Although I will make beef pot pie which I made just a bit differently.
That recipe is coming sometimes next year simply because I have dishes already prepared and scheduled ahead.
You may also like:
If you get inspired and make my Individual Chicken Pot Pies please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
I would love to see your creations and re-share with everyone. Thank you so much in advance!
Easy and tasty Individual Chicken Pot Pies
- 1 Puff Pastry Frozen Sheets (Pastry Dough, 2 Count, 17.3 oz.),
- 1 Egg, mixed+spash of water
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (peas, carrots, etc.)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk, a splash more if needed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and black pepper to taste, a generous pinch
- 1 ounce of Cheese per serving, mozzarella, or similar.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Soften puff pastry or pie crust if you're using that, as directed on package. Overnight in the fridge should do the trick.
Remove 1 puff pastry crust from pouch; unfold a sheet of pastry. Make sure it is completely defrosted.
- Steam or defrost frozen vegetables. You may use canned as well, just make sure to drain. You could use a mix of peas and carrots, southern potato hush (small cubed potatoes), corn, etc. Whatever mix of veggies you like or have at the moment.
- In a medium saucepan, add defrosted vegetables, a cubed cooked chicken, and combine the rest of the filling ingredients. Bring to a low boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Just to note that you could use rotisserie chicken, skin removed, or cook on a bit of oil with seasoning like salt, pepper, thyme, parsley. Also, you can cook chicken in the air fryer as well. After the filling starts to bubble, the filling it is ready.
- Fill bigger and wider ramekins or individual smaller pots. I would say that you may make this in the casserole dish as well, but it is amazing when you are able to make them as individual pots. I would suggest ones that you could fit at least 8 ounces. Add cheese on the top of the filling. Mix an egg and brush on the edges and a bit sides of the pots.
- Cut one puff pastry sheet into 4 and roll out a bit with a rolling pin to fit over smaller pots. Place each puff pastry rolled out a square on the top, draping over the pot for a bit, and slightly press to seal edges. Slash the top of the puff pastry and brush a bit of egg wash.
- If you are making in small pots like me, then place them in the baking pan to prevent a spill. It might not happen but to save yourself a lot of cleaning it is better to put small pots in a large baking pan such as cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F. for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Allow it to cool down for a minute or two before serving.
- This could make 8 pots. You can freeze the filling and the remaining one sheet of puff pastry for after or make all 8 individual pots.
- Of course, as I said you could make a big family meal in a casserole dish.
- You may use PIE Crust if you can't find puff pastry or would like to use it. You can get store-bought or make your own pie crust. I have made it before and it is very tasty.
- I used Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Frozen Sheets Pastry
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better. If you like chicken salad or egg salad than you will love these read more
Chicken Fajita Skewers are fresh, tasty, healthy, colorful, and the ultimate summer grilled food that everyone loves. My family loves it especially with a bowl of Spanish rice and beans. To lighten up my recipe, I used a mixture of oil with lime juice and read more
Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner so I put together a round-up of recipes. They all amazing, easy and delicious.
I do not about you, but in my house, we love Mexican cuisine. I make it at least once a week.
Spicy or non-spicy as long as it got Mexican favor I will devour the whole platter or tacos, enchiladas or burritos.
I could pretty much eat refried beans with a spoon. Yes, shamelessly I have done that before. I have no regrets admitting that fact.
So, some recipes are, of course, fusion but nonetheless, they are so tasty and very easy for anyone to prepare.
I really hope you make some my delicious Cinco de Mayo recipes for your celebration.
If you please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use my hashtag #sandraseaycooking. Thank you!!!
Without further ado, here is my round-up of amazingly delicious recipes from my blog. Direct links under each image.
I wish you safe and happy Cinco de Mayo!
I dare to say that Zesty Rosemary Lime Chicken Wings are absolutely mouthwatering especially made in the Air Fryer. I mean, you do not have to be a chef or even a good cook to make these. So simple, yet packed with flavor. We just read more