One of my absolute favorite food is tasty, easy and pan-fried Chicken Schnitzels. I can eat this all day, and every single day without ever getting tired of, and I am not even exaggerating. I have a love-hate relationship with fried food, but I suspect […]
Search Results: chicken
Chicken Marsala is an Italian-American dish made from chicken fillets or cutlets, mushrooms, garlic or onions, and Marsala wine. It is an easy yet extremely delicious way to prepare the chicken with incredibly creamy mushroom sauce. My family and I absolutely adore this dish. Well, […]
Individual Chicken Pot Pies are such a delight. To be serious, it is the comfort food at its finest.
I have decided to make them individually because they are portion size and they just look so adorable.
I do not know about you, but I find small pots of food more appealing and inviting. My kids agree with me as well.
Nevertheless, it has been raining all night and most of the dreary morning, so pot pie was just calling my name.
Besides, it was a pretty appropriate meal for this gloomy day that we were having.
I desperately wanted to make something that we dearly loved and a meal that will hug our belly on the inside.
Oh, I just loved seeing cheerful faces when they walked into the house after hours spend in school.
So, I know so many have a problem using canned products. I do not use it often, but these are utterly brilliant in a pot pie.
If you wish to make your homemade cream of chicken or any other creamy condensed soup, you are more than welcome.
There are many delicious recipes online for condensed soups so I am quite sure you could find a recipe to substitute store-bought cream of chicken.
This is my convenient shortcut and we all in y household love it, so I am not going to change it. Although I will make beef pot pie which I made just a bit differently.
That recipe is coming sometimes next year simply because I have dishes already prepared and scheduled ahead.
You may also like:
If you get inspired and make my Individual Chicken Pot Pies please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
I would love to see your creations and re-share with everyone. Thank you so much in advance!
Easy and tasty Individual Chicken Pot Pies
- 1 Puff Pastry Frozen Sheets (Pastry Dough, 2 Count, 17.3 oz.),
- 1 Egg, mixed+spash of water
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (peas, carrots, etc.)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk, a splash more if needed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and black pepper to taste, a generous pinch
- 1 ounce of Cheese per serving, mozzarella, or similar.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Soften puff pastry or pie crust if you're using that, as directed on package. Overnight in the fridge should do the trick.
Remove 1 puff pastry crust from pouch; unfold a sheet of pastry. Make sure it is completely defrosted.
- Steam or defrost frozen vegetables. You may use canned as well, just make sure to drain. You could use a mix of peas and carrots, southern potato hush (small cubed potatoes), corn, etc. Whatever mix of veggies you like or have at the moment.
- In a medium saucepan, add defrosted vegetables, a cubed cooked chicken, and combine the rest of the filling ingredients. Bring to a low boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Just to note that you could use rotisserie chicken, skin removed, or cook on a bit of oil with seasoning like salt, pepper, thyme, parsley. Also, you can cook chicken in the air fryer as well. After the filling starts to bubble, the filling it is ready.
- Fill bigger and wider ramekins or individual smaller pots. I would say that you may make this in the casserole dish as well, but it is amazing when you are able to make them as individual pots. I would suggest ones that you could fit at least 8 ounces. Add cheese on the top of the filling. Mix an egg and brush on the edges and a bit sides of the pots.
- Cut one puff pastry sheet into 4 and roll out a bit with a rolling pin to fit over smaller pots. Place each puff pastry rolled out a square on the top, draping over the pot for a bit, and slightly press to seal edges. Slash the top of the puff pastry and brush a bit of egg wash.
- If you are making in small pots like me, then place them in the baking pan to prevent a spill. It might not happen but to save yourself a lot of cleaning it is better to put small pots in a large baking pan such as cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F. for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Allow it to cool down for a minute or two before serving.
- This could make 8 pots. You can freeze the filling and the remaining one sheet of puff pastry for after or make all 8 individual pots.
- Of course, as I said you could make a big family meal in a casserole dish.
- You may use PIE Crust if you can't find puff pastry or would like to use it. You can get store-bought or make your own pie crust. I have made it before and it is very tasty.
- I used Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Frozen Sheets Pastry
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better. If you like chicken salad or egg salad than you will love these […]
Chicken Fajita Skewers are fresh, tasty, healthy, colorful, and the ultimate summer grilled food that everyone loves. We do not include Mazola® Corn Oil only to prep and marinate chicken for the fajita skewers but for salads and sauce as well. To lighten up my […]
I dare to say that Zesty Rosemary Lime Chicken Wings are absolutely mouthwatering especially made in the Air Fryer.
I mean, you do not have to be a chef or even a good cook to make these. So simple, yet packed with flavor.
We just love the zesty chicken wings with the aroma of lime and frequent rosemary. It is the most intoxicating smell.
As you all know we love a good meal, and we have once a week family movie night. It fills my heart when we are all together for a couple of hours without any phone distraction.
I cherish these moments. Now that our oldest one, Aleks, leaving for University this Fall, I am even more determined not to skip on these small moments like our move nights.
Unexplainably, the time flew by. I know it is cliche to say, but it is so true. Well, I feel like he was just last week this mischievous little boy, running around the house in his Spiderman undies.
I will not cry! P
Anyhow, back to my wings. So, I made these since we all love them, but most importantly I wanted to test recipes that we can make quick in our air fryer
I made some tasty cauliflower with this and the meal was completely done. Most importantly, we all loved it, and it tastes absolutely phenomenal.
I hope you all like this recipe. Also, you can make these in the oven. Always make sure to turn them around about halfway at 400F. The best way to cook them in the oven is on one of those baking racks or grills.
The heat will travel all around the chicken wings so the taste will be tasty, but it is not necessary. You can make it in the regular baking pan, too.
I will link my favorite items from the Amazon, below under the recipe. That is just in case if you are wondering. As an Amazon Affiliate, I am happy to recommend my favorite products that I use or had in the past.
If you get inspired and try Air Fryer Zesty Rosemary Lime Chicken Wings, please tag on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking, using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
An easy way to make chicken wings.
- 8-10 Chicken Wings
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- Zest of One Lime
- 1 tbsp. Dried Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Rub all the ingredients on the chicken wings and marinade for about 30 minutes. You may keep it in the large airtight container or a large ziplock bag. Lime will tenderize the chicken even more, and allow the spices and herbs to penetrate through.
Place the chicken wings in the one layer. If your fryer is larger then you may use more wings. Mine is 6 Qt. and I can cook 8 regular size wings comfortably, to up to 10.
Turn the air fryer 375 F for 20-25 minutes, depending on the size and power of your fryer. Halfway through I turn them around to get the same nice golden color. I don't think it's necessary per se to turn it around but I do it and it works wonderfully for me.
If the chicken wings are frozen, just defrost them because obviously, you will not be able to marinate frozen chicken wings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- OMORC Air Fryer XL 6QT(w/Cookbook), 15-in-1 1800W Fast w/Wet Finger-Friendly Quick Knob & Touch Screen Deep Fryer Oven Large Oilless Hot Air, 8-15 Presets, Preheat, Nonstick Basket, 2-Year Warranty
- Sticky Toffee Silicone Printed Oven Mitt & Pot Holder, Cotton Terry Kitchen Dish Towel & Dishcloth, Gray, 9 Piece Set
Roast chicken with potatoes is my favorite meal. It reminds me greatly of my grandma and Sundays that I spend in her house. She would make this almost every single time when I come to visit. I believe that it takes me back to that time of my life. With that being said, […]
Hello everyone, I hope your long weekend was fantastic and that you are enjoying summer break. We have been on break since last week and I can’t even believe that I will have a senior, a freshman, and the 6th grader next school year. […]
It’s been a while since I posted a real dinner recipe, so I‘ve decided to post this fast and delicious dish that everyone loves. Chicken Fajita Bowl is amazing! Usually, I make cauliflower rice for myself, but the family loves eating rice and beans or just plain rice with Chicken Fajita.
To be honest both of my boys strongly dislike cooked peppers and onion so I make only chicken for them. They love raw peppers and onion but cooked veggies are a big no-no. With that being said I cook chicken and serve raw veggies on the side just for those two troublemakers.
This meal makes at least twice a month on our table. Sometimes I would make bowls like this and sometimes I just serve on the big tray with warmed up tortillas so everyone can make their own wraps and toppings. I mean easy peasy, right?
You can check Chicken Fajita HERE
I used a nearly same recipe that I have used before and It was really satisfying and delicious. If you don’t want to bother adding your own seasoning just use store bought. I usually have everything in my pantry and fridge so I just mix it myself, but I have used a store bought seasonings thousand times. There is no judging here whatsoever. We try to prepare and serve a homemade meal but that doesn’t necessarily mean that everything has to be from the scratch.
I hope you guys like this recipe, and if you do happen to make it please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I am able to see your delicious creations and share with my readers as well.
Chicken Fajita Bowl
- 2 tablespoons Oil (I used Spanish Olive Oil)
- 1 boneless skinless Chicken Breast cut into thin strips (usually two pieces in one pack unless it's a family pack)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper julienned
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper julienned
- 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper julienned
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper julienned
- 1/2 Onion diced or sliced
Seasoning & Marinade
- 1 tablespoon Oil l (I used Spanish Olive Oil)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish Smoked Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large freezer bag, combine 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, and seasonings; add the chicken, close the bag then shake a bit to coat the chicken. Refrigerate for one hour. (If you will not cook it right away freeze it. You may leave it in the fridge for up to 24 hrs.)
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon of oil until tender but still crisp. Season it with a pinch of a salt, stir, then remove on the plate.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for about 6 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to a pan and combine them with chicken. Cook for about 2 to 3 more minutes. Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
You can serve it over rice, or use Cauliflower rice.
Saute on a bit of oil, add salt to taste. This is perfect for a fajita bowl.
- You can use beef for this recipe
- You do not have to use all the peppers listen to the ingredients. It is always more appealing when you have more than one color in your meal, but that is perfectly okay if you use two types of peppers. Also, green, red, yellow and orange give you different flavor and sweetness so I would encourage you to use all of them if possible.
- You can meal prep this and keep it in your fridge for up to 5 days, although DO NOT keep cooked cauliflower rice in your fridge. Make it the moment you gonna eat it. It got the nastiest smells if you leave it in the fridge. I make it 5 minutes before I will serve my meal.
- You can pack cooked peppers and chicken in the freezer bag, make portion size bags. Just thaw and maybe give a quick stir fry for a minute or two on medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. You just want to really heat through and it is always nice to refresh it. You may keep it in the freezer for up to a month. It will be probably safe to go over a month I just never went over it so I won't recommend if I am not doing it.