I love a good sandwich, especially these amazingly delicious and super easy Bacon Eggs and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches. It is a comforting breakfast or you may eat it for brunch. Well, we prep it many times even for dinner. Wouldn’t you agree that sometimes breakfast […]
Search Results: sandwiches
Homemade, easy and delicious Summer Treat Who doesn’t like delicious ice cream in the middle of summer? Heck, we love ice-cream even in the winter time. There is something about crumbled cookies in the ice cream; it gives you just a bit of crunch, more […]
I don’t know about you, but I am a sandwich person.
One of top 5 of my favorite sandwiches would be this amazing smoked salmon bagel sandwich.
I devour it and to be honest, I could never become tired of eating this kind of summich. I called this a lazy Friday dinner because it was quick and no cooking required, but everyone loved it. It is really perfect any day of the week as well as for parties.
They are in a way fancy, but not really, if you know what I mean?! I am just in love with this delightful sandwich so that’s why I’ve decided to share it here on my blog.
Of course, creating a sandwich is something that should be personalized. I love building it myself, as for the rest of my fab family, I ask what they want because we are pretty darn serious when it comes to building a sandwich
What is your favorite sandwich?
Smoked Salmon Bagel Sandwiches
- 1 Bagel 6 oz.
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream cheese split in half
- 1 teaspoon chives chopped
- 1/2 Avocado thinly sliced
- 3 ounces thin-sliced smoked salmon
- English cucumber or mini cucumbers thinly sliced
- Fresh Organic Spinach or lettuce
- Red onion
- Drained Capers
- Fresh Dill
- SLICE bagel in half horizontally. Mine was presliced, so I just carefully separated both pieces.
- Spread BOTH sides with cream cheese and sprinkle with the chopped chives.
- Over cheese on 1 bagel half, layer English cucumber or mini cucumber, thinly sliced avocado, smoked salmon, spinach – now, it a good time to add other additions such as red onion and/or capers.
- Set remaining bagel half, cream cheese side down, over filling.
You can personalize it however you would like. I love adding capers and red onion, not in the pic, but it’s absolutely fantastic. You can also try it with chives cream cheese or sprinkle fresh chives like I did because chives give extra flavor and compliment salmon very well. Smoked salmon is also your personal preference. Most of the time I am using Alaskan Smoked Salmon. Bagel.
you have a couple of choices, of course. The one that I am using is “Everything pre-sliced bagel”, and I like the regular size for my family unless it’s a party, then I am using mini bagels.
Many children in the USA as of now began school, yet mine started school at least 2 weeks before everyone else. I wish we had more time to unwind as it was still a peak of the summertime. Needless to say, it was a tough […]
English Muffin Baked Sandwiches are simple, tasty and super easy. My family loves feasting on these at least a couple of times a month, and I know yours will do the same. Quick, easy, delicious, as well as kids friendly recipes, are my jam. With […]
School is around the corner and I already started with school lunch box preparations. We had a great Bento party the other day.
Well, when I look the other way it was my working day, while I finished cooking and shooting my kids and nieces ate all my made bentos.
It was fun watching them and they especially loved pandas as well as chicken salad sandwiches. Every time when I make characters in a bento, it is a winner because not only that kids eat the main meal, but all the fresh fruits and veggies around it, which is fantastic.
This bento is great! You can of course switch and make it the way your kids like, but even for work lunch I think this is a pretty good idea; you can make it larger if it’s for the adult.
Now, I used deli turkey bologna, because that’s what my kids wanted, but often I use Virginia ham, mesquite deli chicken, or deli smoked turkey breast and just switch cheeses such as mozzarella, smoked provolone, cheddar or Swiss cheese etc.
Depending on what I have or what cold deli salami I used.
Fruits and vegetables you can also use what is in season and of course what your kids like. I think broccoli, celery, and carrots are pretty common veggies that they know and would eat raw.
Green apple with a Peanut – Butter is fantastic, although make sure to check if anybody around your kid in the classroom had PB allergies, and you can easily substitute it with almond butter, or pecan butter etc. Also, I never tried it, but you can check “NoNuts Golden Peabutter”
It’s Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free.
Q: What Box is safe for me and my child?
A: Look for the boxes that have a clear written label that they are BPA FREE just in case if they are plastic-
BPA stands for bisphenol. BPA is an industrial chemical that has been used to make certain plastics and resins since the 1960s. Seeking out BPA-free products may not always be easy to do. Some manufacturers do label their products as BPA-free, but some do not. If a product isn’t labeled, keep in mind that most aluminum cans or bottles have linings that contain BPA, while steel bottles or can do not. Polycarbonate plastic is generally hard, clear, lightweight plastic. It often has the No. 7 recycling symbol on the bottom. (Source Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L. D. From Mayo-clinic)
HOW TO MAKE HEART SHAPED BOIL EGG:
- Use corner of any carton such as a box, milk carton etc.
- Cook egg for 5 minutes in boiling water with 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Turn off the burner, and let it steam under the lid for the next 7 minutes.
- Drain the hot water and replace with cold/iced cold water. Let it sit in that water for next 3-5 minutes before peeling. (This way it’s easier to peel an egg)
- Place peeled eggs into the carton with the corner (lengthwise), right in the middle.
- Place in the middle chopstick, thicker straw or similar and slightly press and shape an egg a little… Just a slight pressure. I used a plastic straw.
- Place rubber bands on both ends and wait for 10-15 minutes. (NO need for the third rubber band)
- Cut in the middle and you will have a perfect heart shaped egg.
Lunch Box: Biscuit Deli Turkey Sandwiches
- 1 Biscuit
- 2 Sliced Deli Turkey Bologna or any other
- 1 slice Cheddar Cheese
- 1 boiled Egg
- 3 Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 Rib Celery cut in two bites pieces
- 3 baby Carrots
- Served with “classic ranch dressing -Bolthouse”
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- Served with Peanut-butter and nuts any nuts will do
- Add and arrange however you would like it. Put Turkey and cheese in the bisque and slice in half. Any direction you take, you can’t go wrong.
FOR MORE LUNCH BOX IDEAS, VISIT MY PAGE:
Meat Lovers Egg Muffins are such an amazing at to feed a crowd. They are also great for meal prep. I am not big on meal prepping. Well, I do pre-pack meat into smaller containers or ziplock bags, sometimes chop vegetables and store my herbs. […]
Nutella is an absolute favourite in my family, so I thought making Nutella Rolls would be appropriate as well as appreciated. I cannot say they are not. My family honestly licked two trays clean and asked for more. These rolls are soft, sweet, fluffy and […]
Air Fryer Whole Chicken is so easy, and everyone in my house loves it. My favorite kitchen toy is an air fryer by far. As soon as we got it I was in love with it.
A year later we got another one. It is bigger with more settings such as baking, toasting and broiling together along with the initial air fryer function.
Now, this is not an air fryer review of any kind, but I really like this one in regards to how many functions it has.
However, I wouldn’t get this one again just because it is a bit too loud compared to my old one.
I’ve been wanting to make a whole chicken for a while now and since this air fryer is big enough, the chicken, that is around 4 pounds, fits easily.
So after marinating the chicken overnight in the fridge I finally had a chance to make it.
It took me around an hour and a half, turning two times around to get that crispy skin. It was worth it.
To be honest, I thought that it will be done much faster but at the same time, I didn’t want to risk cooking it at high temperatures.
It was low and slow, in a way, although for the first 30 minutes I air-fried it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then a for an hour it was cooked at 375 degrees.
This all depends on how big your chicken is. Make sure that the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees.
You must poke your meat thermometer at the thickest part of the chicken so it can read the most accurate temperature.
RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
If you get inspired and make this Air Fryer Whole Chicken, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with hashtag #sandraseasycooking. I would love to see all your tasty creations. Thank you so much in advance!
Air Fryer Whole Chicken is so easy, and everyone loves it. My favorite kitchen toy is an air fryer by far. As soon as we got it I was in love with it.
- 1 chicken, 3 lb to 5 lb (1.3kg to 2.2kg)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- Place the whole chicken in the large pot or a bowl (You can also use an extra-large ziplock bag to marinate). Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pin feathers and pat the outside dry.
- On the side mix olive oil, lemon juice, herbs, salt, and pepper then rub all over the chicken. under the skin, inside and all around. Close it or cover it and place it in the fridge for 10 to 12 hours, or overnight.
- You can roast this in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes at 375°F, but today we gonna use air-fryer.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and add butter under the skin and rub if possible all around the chicken.
- Air fry for 30 minutes at 350°F with back down and breast up, then turn it around and cook for 30 minutes with the breast down so the back could get a nice golden color as well at 375°F.
- After that turn, it again allows it to air-fry for an additional 30 minutes also at 375°F. If your chicken is bigger like 5 pounds it might take up to 40 additional minutes.
The cooking time depends a) on your air fryer and b) on the size of the chicken. Always use a meat thermometer to detriment if the chicken is cooked through. The safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius). When you're cooking a whole bird, it should be inserted into the thickest part of the thigh but not touching bone.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Organic Spice Rack by McCormick, 24 Herbs & Spices Included (Wood Spice Set for Wall or Countertop)
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver
- Ninja OP401 Foodi 8-Quart Pressure, Steamer, Air Fryer All-in- All-in-One Multi-Cooker, Black/Gray
- Lodge EC3D33 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 3-Quart, Caribbean Blue
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #GetMovingwithJimmyDean #CollectiveBias Stress-Free Breakfasts with Jimmy Dean® products are the best. It’s simple, flavorful, my family loves it and did I mention that it’s stress-free guaranteed? Oh, […]