Let’s step out of our comfort food zone and create delicious Artichoke and Cannellini Beans Hummus. Okie Dokie, Artichoke! I will show you an amazingly delicious and super easy recipe that you can make over and over again; for social gatherings, sporting events or just read more
Search for a recipe: hummus
My family loves pizza, and this one sure is completely different take on a pizza. Pizza comes in many shapes and forms, and everyone has their favorite. To my surprise, my family asks more and more for hummus pizza. You can add any topping read more
This Vegetable Hummus Pizza is easy, delicious, and perfect for lazy weekend nights.
Over the weekends I got to think of the recipes that I can make fast because my kids are home and all they ask is: “where is the food, ma?”
Sometimes, I feel like they have a hole in their belly. I guess it is just a part of growing up.
Usually, I would make delicious slow-cooked meals during the work/school days, when the kids are in school and I can actually take my time cooking.
This kind of pizzas that looks more like a tart is amazing during our family movie night or Sunday football. My family loved this one and already asked for more. It was definitely a success!
I was asked if I want to try “HOPE” hummus, and I could not wait to try it. My oldest son and I love hummus.
My daughter slowly but surely became a huge fan as well. We are still trying to convince my youngest to try this one. He loves certain hummus flavors.
His favorite is the original hummus, of course, and I could not agree. I tend to go back to regular hummus all the time.
That being said, my boy is really hard to negotiate. Anyhow, this is not a sponsored post, but I wanted to let you know how delicious this HOPE hummus was.
They have many flavors, and my Publix only carries these 5, which I absolutely adored.
My favorite though was jalapeno-cilantro and Thia coconut curry. Although original recipe, kale pesto, and spicy avocado were not bad at all.
However, those two flavors that I really loved hit the spot in the right places. I really liked their hummus and I would totally recommend it.
Anyhow, if you make my Vegetable Hummus Pizza, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
Easy, delicious, and perfect for lazy weekend nights!
- 1 Pizza Crust 1 lb
- 2 tablespoons Hope Jalapeno-Cilantro Hummus (or any on hand)
- 1 cup Fresh broccoli florets blanched
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs; Italian blend
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pepper Jack, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Boil about 2 cups of water and drop in Broccoli florets for 20 to 30 seconds, then drain under cold water. Slightly dry them with kitchen paper towel.
- Dice all the vegetables, then heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add diced vegetables. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and herbs of your choice. I used an Italian blend. Saute for a couple of minutes just to get them to start cooking.
- Shred all your cheese. You may use just mozzarella, but I loved these three kinds of cheese together.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place stretched and rolled pizza dough. You may make the dough yourself, or get store-bought. You can use a regular pizza pan, but I wanted more of a deep dish type of pizza.
- Spread equally 2 to 3 tablespoons of hummus, then add shredded cheese, broccoli florets, and sauteed vegetables.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the crust begins to get a golden color, and the cheese is completely melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately!
You may pick any cheese that you wish, I just think this combo one works very well with pizza toppings.
You may use frozen florets just make sure to pat dry so you don't end up with excess water, you can defrost it instead of blanching.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey beautiful people, how’s going? I have today for ya, a delicious twist on guacamole. It’s creamy, yummy and perfect for parties… Any parties. What I love about hummus is the fact that we can make it so quick, and the outcome is always really tasty, and quite read more
Hummus with Beets is the best. Would you look at that stunning sexy color? Every time I make it, I am amazed at how perfect it looks.
You already know that I love beets. combination with tahini, garlic, chickpeas, and lemon this makes an amazing dip.
I will serve it even for Thanksgiving, along with some other delicious dips. You can prepare it a day before and refrigerate it.
I will share more hummus recipes in the upcoming weeks, so stay tuned! Why buy it when you can make your own, even more, delicious than a store-bought.
You can also prepare your own chickpeas just by soaking and then cooking them, but for this one, I used Organic chickpeas from the can.
However, in the next post, I will show you a delicious dip, another version of hummus that is made with chickpeas from scratch.
My kids loved this. I have told Daniel, my youngest one that this hummus is a “purple cheese”. He was more than happy to try it, but as soon as he gave me a thumbs up I told him it was made with beets.
Which he assumed, but I didn’t confirm. On the other note, my Nebs and I could NOT stop eating.
I did not have any crackers, so I had to improvise. I took tortillas and cut them into triangles.
You could fry them up, but I baked it for a couple of minutes until it became crunchy. Man, it was really good!
Serve it with some pita bread, or crackers and enjoy this delicious and healthy dip with your loved ones this winter season.
If you make my tasty Hummus with Beets recipe, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
I would love to see your creations and share them with my followers. Thanks so much in advance!
Easy and tasty dip idea
- 3 smaller purple Beets or 1 large
- 1 cup 165g. Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans) /cooked
- 2 tbsp. 28g. Tahini
- 2-3 garlic cloves crushed and peeled
- 2-3 tbsp. 29-44 ml Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. 44ml Water
- 1/2 tsp. 1g Allspice
- Juice of 1 lemon ripe
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F (232C). Wash beets and cut both ends, then wrap in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake/roast beets for 45 minutes. Remove from the alum. Foil (allow foil to cool down for at least a couple of minutes, so it is easier to handle hot beets, and also beets will steam up). When you unwrap, just peel the skin. If you are using bigger beet, then slice it into quarters for easier blending.
- In your food processor or a blender, place all the ingredients listed above. Add salt to taste. I would start with about 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Blend/process, taste and see if you need to add more.
- Garnish: I reserved some of the beets and chickpeas. Simply just dice beets and place on top and add a couple of chickpeas, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of allspice. You can certainly add chopped parsley, toasted sesame seeds, etc.
Leftovers: Refrigerate for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Tahini: Sesame Seed Paste. A bit thinner than Peanut butter consistency, but looks very much like peanut butter.
Try to get Organic Tahini, or make it yourself. Let me know down in the comments if you would like that recipe.
Pepperoni and Burrata Pizza with Pesto makes an amazing dinner idea as well as party food. It is simple, tasty and so easy.
Pizza is my life-saviour, literally and figurately. It is such a fantastic, cheap and satisfying way to feed your whole family.
I just love it when nobody complains at the table, and everyone gets a slice of pizza with the toppings that they want.
Usually, I double the amount of dough to make a smaller, maybe 10-inch pizza, with toppings of their choice.
Also, it does not feel bad at all when they praise you with the line “you’re the queen, mom”… Well, I am the queen in my castle anyways.
Jokes to the side, this pizza was amazing. I loved everything about it. Although the next time, I will probably add bacon since I am not the biggest fan of pepperoni.
Don’t get me wrong, I like pepperoni pizza. However, I would rather use thick carved slices of ham or perhaps some sausage, like breakfast sausage on the pizza because it is not as strong as pepperoni.
With that being said, my kids’ love pepperoni. So, I had to add these fun and cute minis. I think they look so beautiful on the pizza. Don’t you think so?
Anyhow, I tried to carefully write a detailed recipe in the recipe card.
If you see any possible mistakes, which unfortunately happens from time to time, do not hesitate to contact me or leave me a comment.
I try my best to read it through a couple of times, but typos do happen.
I adore Murray’s Burrata. They do not pay me to say that, but I just love the quality of their product.
As I said, you can add whatever you want; with pepperoni or without it, a mixture of provolone and mozzarella cheese or perhaps more meat.
Additionally, basil pesto is such an amazing addition to this pizza. It literally gives you absolutely incredible flavour.
You can and you should personalize your pizza however you want.
Hey, if you get inspired and make this tasty Pepperoni and Burrata Pizza with Pesto, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Pepperoni and Burrata Pizza with Pesto; flavorful and delicious pizza that you will love.
- 1 cup of warm water (240ml), a splash more if needed
- 1 envelope active dry yeast (1/4 oz/21g)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (8g)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (13.3g)+ for greasing bowl
- 4 cups bread flour (480g), all-purpose works well too
- 3 teaspoons salt (17g)
Pizza Toppings for 1 pizza
- 1/2 pack Mini pepperoni or regular size
- 4 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 burrata cheese, about 4 ouses (I used Murray's burrata 8 oz container pack)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- Fresh cherry tomatoes split in half
- Fresh basil
Pizza Dough Prep:
- Measure water then adds to dry yeast and sugar. Mix it. When you are using active dry yeast or yeast for pizza you do not have to activate it, but I like to dissolve it in the cup of water anyway.
- Measure the flour and add salt then mix it together. Place all the dry ingredients in the work bowl of your stand mixer.
- Pour water with yeast and sugar in the flour.
- Add the bowl on the mixer and attach the dough hook and turn the mixer to do the job of kneading.
- Mix until the dough just comes together, forming a ball and pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Increase the mixer speed to medium and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow it to rise once. Knead with hand then refrigerate for at least 6 hours to up to 24 hours.
- Remove dough to counter and punch down into a rough rectangle shape then tightly roll into a log 10 to 12 inches in length. You can use 1 extra-large pizza or two regular size pizzas. If you are making two then separate into two. Measure and cover.
- Flatten dough into a disk, then shape it into a smooth ball by folding the edges of the round in toward the centre several times and rolling it between your hands on the counter.
- Cover (each) dough ball with a clean cotton towel and allow to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven (pizza stone inside on lower rack) to 450 degrees Fahrenheit or use your regular pizza baking pan, no pan pre-heating required. Give the oven about 20 to heat up.
- When you’re ready to build the pizzas, sprinkle a couple of teaspoons of flour on a board or your countertop and place the dough right in the middle.
- Pound the dough into a disk with your hands, then pick it up and pull it through your fingers to create the outer lip.
- At this point, you need to start stretching the dough. The most-efficient way to do this is to spin the dough so that the weight of the outer lip stretches the dough by moving dough away from a centre with a bit of force.
- You can also stretch the dough on the board by turning and pulling it, and turning and pulling. Shake the peel from time to time to make sure the dough doesn’t stick.
- Brush the lip with oil, then dress the pizza with olive oil and tomato sauce.
- Shred your own mozzarella block, and add pepperoni.
- Stretch pizza over your baking pan or slide OR the hot pizza stone if you are using it.
- Bake pizza for the first 10 minutes, depending on your oven. If you are baking it on the pizza stone bake for about 7 minutes. Keep an eye on the pizza.
- Rip apart burrata with your hands, then pull the pizza out for a few seconds.
- Evenly add burrata all over the pizza, then add a few tablespoons of basil pesto. You can add more or less just spread a bit everywhere.
- Place pizza back in the oven and bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. We should not add burrata right away on the pizza because it will produce too much moisture while baking so we going to add on the end.
- Slide pizza your cutting board. Let it rest for a couple of minutes before slicing with a pizza cutter.
- While the pizza is cooling, slice cheery tomatoes and add on the pizza just before serving with a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh basil if desired.
I really love this combination, however, you can always costume make and build your pizza with toppings that you like.
When you know how to make this classic easy dough, then you really make anything with it such as pizza rolls, stromboli, calzoni, etc.
You can use store-bought pizza dough which is located usually in the DELI section of your grocery store. It is sold by the pound and you can make 1 pizza.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Thick Bamboo Wood Cutting Board/Kitchen Butcher Block - Heavy Duty Chopping Board With Juice Grooves and Handles. Best for Carving Meat, Fish and Chicken | Perfect Housewarming Gift
- Baulia TO809 Digital Countertop Toaster Oven, 12 Inch Pizza 33 Liter Compact Convection Oven | Stainless Steel Even Heat Technology | 9 Pre-programmed One-Touch Functions, 6-Slice, 1600W
- Wilton Perfect Results Non-Stick Pizza Crisper Pan, 14-Inch Pizza Pan
- Pizza Cutter | Premium Edition Slicer | 2 Sharp Blades | Round Soft Grip, Safety Cover & Stainless Steel Wheel | Cut, Slice and Clean with Ease (UpGood Kitchen Gadgets, Pitch Black)
- Betrome Rolling Pin with Pastry Mat, Classic Wood Dough Roller, for Baking Dough, Pizza, Pie, Pastries, Pasta and Cookies.
Cacio e Pepe Butternut Squash is one delicious, healthy and flavorful recipe. A perfect dish for your meatless Mondays or a quick weeknight dish if you wish to replace carblicious pasta. Well, we all know that Cacio e Pepe, or in translation cheese and pepper, read more