Phyllo Triangles Stuffed with Cheese is a fantastic appetizer, party food, or you could just eat it as a snack. I grew up eating this tasty treat just stuffed with cow cheese mixed with eggs, then stuffed in the homemade dough. Many of you call…
Gingerbread cookies are the most popular cookies during the holiday Xmas season at my house. It is a shame that I never posted on my blog.
The thing is I always thought that there are so many recipes online why would you even make mine.
However, I decided to post all the holiday recipes because why not.
I really love making them with my kids. Well, I feel terribly sadden that they are growing so fast.
I just want to turn back the time and relive those days when they were little all over again.
Although, I am happy to see them grow into these amazing individuals. I am like every mother or a parent out there.
Anyhow, I really enjoyed making these this year and doing it with my youngest one.
He will turn 13 soon, so I am treasuring this time before he finds his mom boring. hahaha (sobbing).
So, one fact about me that might not know before. I have never eaten these cookies before I came to the United States.
We have so many cookies that are served over the holiday season, but gingerbread cookies were just not traditional at all.
That being said, I love them. I like the taste, soft texture on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
You can use any cookie cutter to make different shapes and sizes. Of course, the most popular gingerbread cookie is Gingerbread Man.
In my opinion, I love to make them in all shapes and sizes so I go crazy… maybe a bit too crazy.
I don’t have many cookies on my blog. However, I set my mind to start making different ones now that I am more comfortable around making baked goodies other than bread.
Jokes on the side, I am really getting better at making sweets and I am so very proud of that.
Hey, if you get inspired by me and make these yummy Gingerbread Cookies, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. I would love to see your creations. Thank you!!!
Gingerbread cookies are the most popular cookies during the holiday Xmas season.
- 6 oz, 170g unsalted butter (one and a half stick)
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly mixed
- 1⁄2 cup original molasses
- 3 cups, 360g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon, 5.2g ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- In a large bowl or a stand-up mixer bowl, beat softened butter, brown sugar, and egg on medium speed until well blended
- Whisk the baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices into measured all-purpose flour.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until blended and smooth, but do not add more flour because the dough will firm up once it's chilled.
- Divide the dough in half, this way it will be easier to roll out, and then pat each half into a thick rectangle. Wrap well, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- The dough may be sticky and hard to roll if not thoroughly chilled, so make sure it's cold before continuing.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C)
- Prepare baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- Place one wrapped dough portion on a lightly floured surface or use two plastic wraps, on the bottom and top, large enough to roll out dough. Roll dough to a scant 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut out cookies with a desired cutter; gingerbread man, flour, snowflakes, etc. Space cookies 2-inches apart because they will spread a bit due to the addition of baking soda.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 10 minutes
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for a bit until they are firm enough to move to a cookie rack. After cookies are cool you may decorate them with traditional royal icing any way you desire.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wildone Baking Sheet with Silicone Mat Set, Set of 4 (2 Sheets + 2 Mats), Wildone Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet Baking Pan with Silicone Mat, Size 16 x 12 x 1 inch, Non Toxic & Heavy Duty & Easy Clean
- Juvale Parchment Paper Sheets - 200-Count Precut Unbleached Parchment Paper for Baking, Half Sheet Pans, Non-Stick Baking Sheet Paper, Brown, 12 x 16 Inches
- Rolling Pins for Baking Combo, Pastry Mat Kit With Chopper/Scraper and Basting Brush, Large 19x23 Inch Reusable Silicone Non-Slip Non-Stick Mat With Fondant/ Dough Measurements/Dough Roller Baking Set
In my opinion, Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are one of the most addictive, but tasty snacks that we could ever munch on. They are a labor of love, truly. We do need several steps to prep them, a drop of patience and love but they…
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own. When it comes to flavor, this tasty and incredibly flavorful Taco Style Cream Cheese Dip is the way to go; Especially for a Cinco de Mayo celebration.…
Every so often you just have to enjoy a delicious sandwich. I think there is undoubtedly nothing better than a French staple grilled cheese sandwich.
Also, better known as Croque-Monsieur Sandwich. In translation, it means Gentlemen’s Crunch.
My favourite way to eat a croque-madame is with a little sunny-side-up egg on top, with a drizzle of hot sauce!
With that being said, you should also try a “Croque Mademoiselle” which is a vegetarian version with cucumber or zucchini and chives.
I genuinely feel like this sandwich instantly transports you back to a French café or charming bistro, where you may have ordered it while sipping on a café au lait.
You may know this sandwich in the USA as a Monte Cristo Sandwich. Nevertheless, it is delicious whatever you call it.
My husband and I devoured it because we absolutely love a good sandwich.
Especially with premium carved cuts of high-quality meats like Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham.
I partnered with Hillshire Farm to make something very delicious using their Premium Carved Meats.
We used Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham to make this delicious sammie.
So, I took a trip to Walmart and located the packaged lunch meat in the perimeter coolers.
There, I found Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Oven Roasted Turkey Breast. As well as Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Breast.
If you try my Croque-Monsieur Sandwich Recipe or any other from my site please tag me on INSTAGRAM. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION:
Every so often you just have to enjoy a delicious sandwich. I think there is undoubtedly nothing better than a French staple grilled cheese sandwich, better known as Croque-Monsieur. In translation, it means Gentlemen’s Crunch.
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter reserve 1/2 tbsp for buttering the bread
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoon/s All-purpose flour substitute 1/4 tbsp Guar gum
- 2-2 1/2 cups Whole milk
- 3 ounces Gruyère Cheese, grated substitute with Swiss Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Sprigs of Thyme steam removed
- 1/2 tablespoon Melted Unsalted Butter reserved from Bechamel Sauce)
- 8 slices Sandwich Bread preferably rustic, or traditional Brioche toast
- 8 slices Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Meat, I used Ham
- 8-10 ounces Gruyère Cheese, grated substitute with Swiss Cheese (aged)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives or green onions
Shread/Grate the cheeses; Gruyère Cheese and Swiss Cheese. You may use more or less, but I think this is a perfect amount. I like shredding my own cheese and it melts even better when you do it.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a small saucepan and add the flour all at once, stirring with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Add milk; bring to a simmer.
- Cook, whisking frequently, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the salt, pepper, grated Gruyere, and the Swiss and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in bottom third. Place 8 bread slices on the baking sheet, butter each toast with unsalted butter, then toast for a couple of minutes.
- After the toast slices are nicely golden take it out of the oven. Just to note that you can toast bread in a large toaster or conventional oven as well if that saves you time.
- Top each with half with bechamel sauce, about 1 tablespoon equally spread, then add slices of the ham and shredded Gruyère. Top with remaining bread.
- On the very top of each sandwich add about 1 more tablespoon of the Bechamel sauce and generous amount of shredded Gruyère.
- Turn the oven broiler on high and transfer the baking sheet with sandwiches in the oven. Broil until the top of the sandwiches with bechamel sauce and cheese begins to bubble, approximately 2 minutes.
- Slice in half and enjoy
For Croque-Madame add a fried sunny side up egg on the top and serve.
- For Croque-Madame, add a fried sunny-side-up egg on top and serve.
- Gruyère cheese is one of the finest Swiss cheeses. Its taste is nutty and salty when new but varies greatly with age. Since it can be quite pricy, you can substitute with regular Swiss cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Spring Chef Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons for Dry or Liquid, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6
- Carote 6.3 Inch/1 Quart Milk Saucepan PFOA Free Stone-Derived Non-Stick Coating From Switzerland, Bakelite Handle With Wood Effect (Soft Touch) With Lid, Suitable For All Stove Including Induction
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver
This Toast Pizza Roll makes one amazing party food. It is one extraordinary and easy finger food that most people, especially kids love. My family loves watching football as well as other sports, so we make a small party with delicious finger foods when we watch it. As a result, this pizza was born after I was searching for easy finger foods. I cannot claim full credit for…
Bagel Holiday Party Charcuterie Board charcuterie board most frequently consists of a variety of meats, dry, smoked or canned fish, gourmet cheeses, condiments, pickled products and often fruit or nuts.
It is exceptionally effortless to prepare a charcuterie, and you can truly use whatever your heart desires.
However, charcuterie boards are an art form that involves much more mindful planning than just tossing divergent cheeses and crackers on a plate and serving it to guests.
I partnered with Reese Specialty Foods to show you how you can make your own holiday party charcuterie board more superior by using their incredibly tasty products.
The board should look full, so don’t be afraid to stack loads of your favorite foods. It was an absolute blast constructing this Bagel Holiday Party Charcuterie Board.
My family went insane over it. My husband and I, in particular, love the taste of Reese Marinated Artichoke Hearts paired perfectly with some Reese Sardines. It is utterly scrumptious and so flavorful!
I know those two products are for sure going in rotation as my top pick snack during this winter. I will share even more thoughts and ideas on my Instagram.
If I am hosting a party, plan a movie night, or watch a big weekend game, I make a list of things that I would like to include on my board.
If you make this delectable meal for yourself on a Friday night, you can incorporate Anchovies, Delicate Artichokes Hearts, cheese, luscious grapes along with some gourmet crackers.
However, for a party, a wider array of arrangements would be required to feed and completely satisfy an eager crowd.
This time around, I used Marinated hearts of palm, Marinated Artichoke, and their most mouthwatering and succulent Sardines.
The holiday season should be enjoyed, and less stressful, so create something dainty and versatile.
One thing is certain, I passionately love Reese Specialty Foods. Their innovative products are Non-GMO Project Verified.
Visit the Reese Holiday website and of course. You may try their products on your holiday dishes.
I know that you guys going to love it. I am making my artichoke dip for my son’s holiday party using Reeses Marinated Artichoke tender and delicious hearts.
Last, but not least, I would like to take a moment to thank and appreciate the ones I love the most.
My lovely family helps me tremendously, especially around the holidays. For that, I count my blessings every single day as well as for the life I live.
I am forever fortunate to have the ability to share this one life with the most down to earth people that exist
Perhaps it’s just the holiday season, and we all feel a bit sentimental during these months. With that being said, I greatly wish that everyone uses these delightful foods not only to fulfill your cravings but for the good of others.
Try picking up a few of these outstanding Reese products from your local store and donate to those in need.
There is no greater gift in life than properly teaching your kids to willingly share food with less fortunate.
Happy Holidays, everyone!
If you get inspired by my Bagel Holiday Party Charcuterie Board please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking, I would love to see ad re-share your creatins.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Reese Specialty Foods. The opinions, text, and photographs are all mine.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RotelDareToDip #CollectiveBias What do you think of this Spooky Halloween Cauliflower Bowl Bean Dip Tray? I hope you guys like it. Halloween is just around the corner…