Gingerbread cookies are the most popular cookies during the holiday Xmas season at my house. It is a shame that I never posted on my blog. The thing is I always thought that there are so many recipes online why would you even make mine. […]
In my opinion, Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are one of the most addictive, but tasty snacks that we could ever munch on. They are a labor of love, truly. We do need several steps to prep them, a drop of patience and love but they […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
When it comes to flavor, this tasty and incredibly flavorful Taco Style Cream Cheese Dip is the way to go; Especially for a Cinco de Mayo celebration.
Not only is it extremely delicious, but it’s super easy to make as well. All you need are a few amazing ingredients! Just top your dip with whatever you usually top your tacos with, and you are done.
For some of you that did not know, Cinco de Mayo is an annual celebration held on May 5th.
Special events and celebrations highlight Mexican culture, especially in regional dancing, including parades, music, and my personal favorite; food.
One thing you must do this Cinco de Mayo is eat Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips. They are very crispy and delicious restaurant-style chips.
I must add that they are tasty enough to eat right out of the bag, which we did, of course. Also, they only have four simple ingredients, including sea salt, and they’re certified gluten-free.
My family was impressed by the overall combination of my dip and Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips. They paired beautifully, and the chips were big enough to scoop the perfect bite of this taco style dip.
This is one of our favorite spreads for entertaining as well as a staple for our movie nights.
We have got to mention Mission® Street Tacos Corn Tortillas as well! They are not only amazing for Taco Tuesday, but for Cinco de Mayo too!
Warming these delicious tortillas give the most magnificent taste. You can find instructions on the back of the packaging.
They are soft, which makes them easy to use in a variety of dishes and they’re also perfect for snacks or appetizers for your family and friends.
As you can see, my friends, you don’t need much to make your spread colorful, beautiful, authentic and at the same time, tasty.
All you need are a few ingredients and a bit of effort to create a masterpiece that wows your family and friends. And of course, with the help of Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips, which makes this dip complete.
Also, make sure to check out this Mission promotion! What says Cinco more than breaking a piñata? From 04/01/19 until 05/05/19, you can enter and play the Mission Piñata Instant Win Game!
Take a swing at the Mission piñata and see if you have what it takes to break it.
The best part? If you break it, you win a prize! Play every day for more chances to win click here.
When it comes to flavor this tasty and incredibly flavorful Taco Style Cream Cheese Dip is the way to go.
Not only that it is extremely delicious, but easy as well. All you need a couple of amazing ingredients, top it with whatever you usually top your tacos and you are done.
- Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips, 9 oz
- 2 sticks of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pouch taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups assorted tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4-1/2 jalapeño, optional
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- In a bowl, add softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mild taco seasoning. Using electric mixture, if possible, combine all the ingredients together until it is smooth in texture.
- Transfer the mixture to the serving dish and add all desirable toppings, preferably fresh.
- I used toppings that we usually add to our tacos, so it made perfect sense to add lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeño and black olives and serve it with our favorite restaurant-style Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips.
- Keep the dip cold before serving.
- Refrigerate dip if you are not going to serve it right away.
- For the best taste, use whole milk dairy products.
- Use fresh ingredients for the toppings, as they are preferably the best to make this dip colorful and at the same time, beautiful and tasty.
- You may make your own taco seasoning.
- Add more Sour cream if needed
- Fast way to bring cream cheese to room temperature: Take the cheese block out of the paper carton package, then unopened cheese, place in the warm, almost hot water for about 5 minutes.
Every so often you just have to enjoy a delicious sandwich. I think there is undoubtedly nothing better than a French staple grilled cheese sandwich. Also, better known as Croque-Monsieur Sandwich. In translation, it means Gentlemen’s Crunch. My favorite way to eat a croque-madame is […]
This Toast Pizza Roll makes one amazing party food. It is one extraordinary and easy finger food that most people, especially kids love. My family loves watching football as well as other sports, so we make a small party with delicious finger foods when we watch it. As a result, this pizza was born after I was searching for easy finger foods. I cannot claim full credit for […]
There is undoubtedly nothing better than dunking a crispy chocolate chip cookies in a warm cup of frothy milk. Mhmm! My kids absolutely love that.
I mean, aren’t all the kids the same? To be honest, I fondly remember when I was just a kid. I would crumble many homemade cookies and eat it like a bowl or a mug of cereal. Not necessarily healthy, but I loved it.
Every so often I make these a bit thicker, but most of the time my family loves their cookies thin and crispy.
My lovely daughter, Anna, loves microwaving it for 10 seconds and instantly making them softer, which is not bad at all. It actually tastes like freshly baked cookies.
I love cookies!!! The only cookies that I am not a huge fan of would probably be Oreos, but if I don’t have any I would most definitely inhale a couple of Oreos as well.
I know everyone in this food blogging world is posting Xmas cookies, but I feel like these cookies are timeless and seasonless. Any day of the year is a good day to make homemade cookies.
I hope you guys try our crispy chocolate chip cookies and enjoy them as much as we did.
If you make my yummy Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking and make sure to use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could see your delicious creations.
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is affiliated with Amazon. I love amazon so to have my favorite products on it is awesome.
I started to add items to my Amazon store of things that I have used in the past. It is a slow process, but it is fun and interesting. CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT
Thank you guys for all your support!
Makes Approximately 3 dozen (36 cookies) It depends how large or small you make them.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped into chunks optional (65%-85% dark)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add 1/4 cup water, vanilla, and one egg. Beat until well incorporated, around1 minute.
- Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. (now would be a good time to add crushed or chopped nuts)
- Once incorporated, cover a bowl and refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes before baking. It bakes wonderfully when it’s a bit colder, and the dough is easier to work with.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper because the cookies will spread. You may use ice cream scoop to keep the size of the cookies the same. AirBake Natural Aluminum 2 Pack Insulated Cookie Sheet, no burn design, 14 x 12in & 16 x 14in on Amazon
- Bake until cookies is golden brown 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
- You may freeze cookie dough. You can make dough balls with your ice cream scoop and place in the freezer-safe airtight container. It can be frozen for up to 3 months. You can also make 6-12 dough balls per freezer bag and put in the ziplock bags.
- Dark chocolate brings a different level of tasty in chocolate chip cookies when mixed, of course, with chocolate chips. You may use any chocolate that you prefer. I love chocolate, but I don’t want chocolate chips to overwhelm the cookie, so this amount we personally prefer. You may add less or more.
- Also, you may add 1/2 to 1 cup of nuts, like walnuts or pecans. In my opinion, nuts are making these cookies even better.
- Baking time is per batch. If you have 3 trays/baking pans to bake and one oven, well it will take for each baking pan to bake 12-15 minutes.
- Brush your baking pan with a bit of butter or oil and line a parchment paper on top. It is so much easier to keep the parchment paper glued on, otherwise, it just rolls and moves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bagel Holiday Party Charcuterie Board charcuterie board most frequently consists of a variety of meats, dry, smoked or canned fish, gourmet cheeses, condiments, pickled products and often fruit or nuts. It is exceptionally effortless to prepare a charcuterie, and you can truly use whatever your […]
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RotelDareToDip #CollectiveBias What do you think of this Spooky Halloween Cauliflower Bowl Bean Dip Tray? I hope you guys like it. Halloween is just around the corner […]
Don’t you just love ice cream that looks pretty, but they taste even better?
I love this flavor of ice cream; creamy smooths, tasty and refreshing. We absolutely loved this one; the burst of flavor from berries as well as from the cherries… Mmm, just so darn tastily!
Summer just started like 5 minutes ago (haha), so I will continue to share more delicious, and I must add, easy ice cream recipes with all of you. Also, I am planning to post a recipe for ice cream that doesn’t use ice cream machine so that way anyone can enjoy it.
At this time I am playing with frozen yogurts, but I haven’t succeeded just yet. As soon as frozen yogurt comes out perfect, I will share a low-cal recipe for that as well.
Anyhow, school here is starting in three or so weeks. I can’t even believe it! We definitely don’t look forward to that day whatsoever. I think it’s too early for kids to go to school at a peak of the summer. That’s just my opinion… but it is what it is. We gotta move on and get ready for the School in August!
I hope you really like this recipe… it is most definitely easy and delicious Berry Medley and Cherry Ice-Cream recipe and a perfect summer treat for you, your family and friends. Okay. I will leave you with this now… Let me know whatcha think?! 🙂
Hey, if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Easy Berry Medley and Cherry Ice-Cream Recipe
- 16 oz Frozen Fruit split in half, approximately, Berry medley with cherries
- 4 cups Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1 tbsp. Rum Extract optional (you can use orange extract; tastes fantastic as well)
- 1 cup Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Ice cream maker
- ice cubes
- Salt for Ice cream
- Combine all the ingredients together for the base, then add half (about 8oz) frozen fruit.
- Transfer the mixture to the Ice cream canister which you froze prior to transferring the mixture (follow instruction for your ice cream maker); add ice around the canister with ice cream salt in between ice cubes. Makes sure to freeze canister as well before transferring mixture into it.
- Allow it to churn for approximately 40-45 minutes.
- Meantime, freeze canister or freezer safe dish to transfer ice cream. This is a dish that you will use when the ice cream is done with ice cream machine.
- Transfer ice cream into freezer safe dish/container, crush remaining 10 cookies and stir into half frozen ice-cream mixture.
- Add the remaining fruit to the ice cream and stir. Make sure to slightly defrost frozen fruit so the beautiful colors of berries and cherries could bleed into Ice cream.
- Let it freeze for at least 8 hours before serving, preferably 12 hours.
1/2 cup is a standard serving size for Ice-Cream (1 large scoop) There are 8 cups (4 pints or 16 scoops) in 2 quarts of ice cream.
You can buy fruit individually or all mixed in one bag. You can also use any berries that you prefer.
I have been on an ice-cream kick lately… to correct myself, on “homemade” ice-cream kick. It is just so easy to make your own, not cheap at all just to warn you guys, but you can definitely taste the difference between homemade and […]