In my opinion, Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are one of the most addictive, but tasty snacks that we could ever munch on. They are a labor of love, truly. We do need several steps to prep them, a drop of patience and love but they […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own. When it comes to flavor, this tasty and incredibly flavorful Taco Style Cream Cheese Dip is the way to go; Especially for a Cinco de Mayo celebration. […]
Every so often you just have to enjoy a delicious sandwich. I think there is undoubtedly nothing better than a French staple grilled cheese sandwich.
Also, better known as Croque-Monsieur Sandwich. In translation, it means Gentlemen’s Crunch.
My favorite way to eat a croque-madame is with a little sunny-side-up egg on top, with a drizzle of hot sauce!
With that being said, you should also try a “Croque Mademoiselle” which is a vegetarian version with cucumber or zucchini and chives.
I genuinely feel like this sandwich instantly transports you back to a French café or charming bistro, where you may have ordered it while sipping on a café au lait.
You may know this sandwich in the USA as a Monte Cristo Sandwich. Nevertheless, it is delicious whatever you call it.
My husband and I devoured it because we absolutely love a good sandwich. Especially with premium carved cuts of high-quality meats like Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham.
I partnered with Hillshire Farm to make something very delicious using their Premium Carved Meats.
We used Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham to make this delicious sammie.
So, I took a trip to Walmart and located the packaged lunch meat in the perimeter coolers. There, I found Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Oven Roasted Turkey Breast. As well as Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Breast.
Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Meats are perfect for any occasion. You can make an amazing meal in no time. They’re all-natural, contain no artificial ingredients, no nitrates, no nitrites, and no artificial preservatives, and are made from only high-quality ingredients
If you try my Croque-Monsieur Sandwich Recipe or any other from my site please tag me on INSTAGRAM. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION:
Every so often you just have to enjoy a delicious sandwich. I think there is undoubtedly nothing better than a French staple grilled cheese sandwich, better known as Croque-Monsieur. In translation, it means Gentlemen’s Crunch.
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter reserve 1/2 tbsp for buttering the bread
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoon/s All-purpose flour substitute 1/4 tbsp Guar gum
- 2-2 1/2 cups Whole milk
- 3 ounces Gruyère Cheese, grated substitute with Swiss Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Sprigs of Thyme steam removed
- 1/2 tablespoon Melted Unsalted Butter reserved from Bechamel Sauce)
- 8 slices Sandwich Bread preferably rustic, or traditional Brioche toast
- 8 slices Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Meat, I used Ham
- 8-10 ounces Gruyère Cheese, grated substitute with Swiss Cheese (aged)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives or green onions
Shread/Grate the cheeses; Gruyère Cheese and Swiss Cheese. You may use more or less, but I think this is a perfect amount. I like shredding my own cheese and it melts even better when you do it.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a small saucepan and add the flour all at once, stirring with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Add milk; bring to a simmer.
- Cook, whisking frequently, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the salt, pepper, grated Gruyere, and the Swiss and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in bottom third. Place 8 bread slices on the baking sheet, butter each toast with unsalted butter, then toast for a couple of minutes.
- After the toast slices are nicely golden take it out of the oven. Just to note that you can toast bread in a large toaster or conventional oven as well if that saves you time.
- Top each with half with bechamel sauce, about 1 tablespoon equally spread, then add slices of the ham and shredded Gruyère. Top with remaining bread.
- On the very top of each sandwich add about 1 more tablespoon of the Bechamel sauce and generous amount of shredded Gruyère.
- Turn the oven broiler on high and transfer the baking sheet with sandwiches in the oven. Broil until the top of the sandwiches with bechamel sauce and cheese begins to bubble, approximately 2 minutes.
- Slice in half and enjoy
For Croque-Madame add a fried sunny side up egg on the top and serve.
- For Croque-Madame, add a fried sunny-side-up egg on top and serve.
- Gruyère cheese is one of the finest Swiss cheeses. Its taste is nutty and salty when new but varies greatly with age. Since it can be quite pricy, you can substitute with regular Swiss cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Spring Chef Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons for Dry or Liquid, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6
- Carote 6.3 Inch/1 Quart Milk Saucepan PFOA Free Stone-Derived Non-Stick Coating From Switzerland, Bakelite Handle With Wood Effect (Soft Touch) With Lid, Suitable For All Stove Including Induction
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver
This Toast Pizza Roll makes one amazing party food. It is one extraordinary and easy finger food that most people, especially kids love. My family loves watching football as well as other sports, so we make a small party with delicious finger foods when we watch it. As a result, this pizza was born after I was searching for easy finger foods. I cannot claim full credit for […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Reese Specialty Foods. The opinions, text, and photographs are all mine.
A charcuterie board most frequently consists of a variety of meats, dry/smoked or canned fish, gourmet cheeses, condiments, pickled products and often fruit or nuts. It is exceptionally effortless to prepare a charcuterie, and you can truly use whatever your heart desires, however, charcuterie boards are an art form that involves much more mindful planning than just tossing divergent cheeses and crackers on a plate and serving it to guests.
I partnered with Reese Specialty Foods to show you how you can make your own holiday party charcuterie board more superior by using their incredibly tasty products. The board should look full, so don’t be afraid to stack loads of your favorite foods. It was an absolute blast constructing this Bagel Holiday Party Charcuterie Board. My family went insane over it.
My husband and I, in particular, love the taste of Reese Marinated Artichoke Hearts paired perfectly with some Reese Sardines. It’s utterly scrumptious and so flavorful! I know those two products are for sure going in a rotation as my top pick snack during this winter. I will share even more thoughts and ideas on my Instagram.
If I am hosting a party, plan a movie night, or a watch a big weekend game, I make a list of things that I would like to include on my board. If you make this delectable meal for yourself on a Friday night, you can incorporate Reese Anchovies, Delicate Artichokes Hearts, cheese, luscious grapes along with some gourmet crackers, but for a party, a wider array of arrangement would be required to feed and completely satisfy an eager crowd.
One thing is certain, I passionately love Reese Specialty Foods.
Their innovative products are Non-GMO Project Verified. This time around, I used Marinated hearts of palm, Marinated Artichoke, and their most mouthwatering and succulent Sardines. The holiday season should be enjoyed, and less stressful, so create something dainty and versatile for your DishList with Reese.
Visit the Reese Holiday Wishlist website and of course, try Reese products in your holiday dishes! I know that you guys going to love it. I am making my artichoke dip for my son’s holiday party using Reeses Marinated Artichoke tender and delicious hearts. Check that recipe HERE
Download and use the Ibotta app to earn rebates on Reese products
Enter our Reese Holiday DishList Sweepstakes
Oh, and please share your #ReeseDishList on Social Media, and tag the brand and your content could be shared on their brand pages. How COOL is that, huh?
Last, but not least, I would like to take a moment to thank and appreciate the ones I love the most. My lovely family helps me tremendously, especially around the holidays, and for that, I count my blessings every single day as well as for the life I live. I’m forever fortunate to have the ability to share this one life with the most down to earth people that exist.
Perhaps it’s just the holiday season, and we all feel a bit sentimental during these months. With that being said, I greatly wish that everyone uses these delightful foods not only to fulfill your cravings but for the good of others. Try picking up a few of these outstanding Reese products from your local store and donate to those in need. There is no greater gift in life than properly teaching your kids to willingly share food with less fortunate.
Happy Holidays, everyone!
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RotelDareToDip #CollectiveBias What do you think of this Spooky Halloween Cauliflower Bowl Bean Dip Tray? I hope you guys like it. Halloween is just around the corner […]
Don’t you just love ice cream that looks pretty, but they taste even better? I love this flavor of ice cream; creamy smooths, tasty and refreshing. We absolutely loved this one; the burst of flavor from berries as well as from the cherries… Mmm, just […]
I have been on an ice-cream kick lately… to correct myself, on “homemade” ice-cream kick. It is just so easy to make your own, not cheap at all just to warn you guys, but you can definitely taste the difference between homemade and store-bought ice cream.
I don’t know how to explain, it tastes much richer and creamier, and I don’t even have to tell you that you know what you adding in your own ice cream so you can get whatever you would like in it.
We have made so many ice creams in the last few weeks, and we loved each every one of the flavors, so I am sharing one by one. Of course, you can make ice cream without ice cream maker or machine but if you have a machine why would you make without it.
Of course, you can make ice cream without ice cream maker or machine but if you have a machine why would you make without it.
I just don’t know why I waited so long to get one. Like I said, it’s not cheap but my family and I have been enjoying this homemade deliciousness very much.
I googled what is number one ice cream in the USA, and believe it or not, Cookies ‘n’ Cream popped as numero uno. To tell you honestly, I was a bit shocked and totally expected something like the chocolate chip or even plain vanilla or chocolate, but nope, it is Cookies ‘n’ Cream.
I am planning to share many more homemade ice creams with you so stay tuned for berry ice cream, matcha, tropical ice cream, chocolate and, of course, the chocolate chip that I just made last night and LOVEEEED it!!
I gotta tell ya, it was delightful. It is definitely creamy, but it got that bite from cookies although it is not overly sweet at all. I read recipes from instructions and so many calls for 2 cups of sugar.
YES!!! 2 cups! I find it a bit too sweet considering that we are adding cookies as well so I use only one cup of sugar for my base on this amount of liquid.
Hey if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Cookies 'n' Cream Ice-Cream
2 quarts ice cream
- 4 cups Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 3/4 cup liquid French Vanilla Coffee Creamer sugar-free
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Sugar
- 15 Oreo Cookies + 10 extra
- Ice cream maker
- ice cubes
- Salt for Ice cream
- Combine all the ingredients together for the base, then add 15 crushed cookies.
- Transfer the mixture to the Ice cream canister and follow instruction for your ice cream maker; add ice around the canister with ice cream salt in between ice cubes. Makes sure to freeze canister as well before transferring mixture into it.
- Allow it to churn for approximately 40 minutes.
- Meantime, freeze canister or freezer safe dish to transfer ice cream.
- Transfer ice cream into freezer safe dish/container, crush remaining 10 cookies and stir into half frozen ice-cream mixture.
Let it freeze for at least 8 hours before serving, preferably 12 hours.
1/2 cup is a standard serving size for Ice-Cream (1 large scoop)
There are 8 cups (4 pints or 16 scoops) in 2 quarts of ice cream.
These easy energy bars are perfect bars to pick you up after a workout, or if you need a snack to keep you full until your actual meal. Energy bars are not a meal replacement. It is a homemade snack that will keep you satisfied. Of course, cravings […]