Saving the Day with Danone® Products at Publix! This post is sponsored by Danone North America. The opinions and text are all mine. A Waffle Breakfast Board would not be complete without the signature sides of luscious fruits, yogurt, homemade granola, and jam. My family…
Tag: PARTY FOOD
Extremely tasty, warm and comforting recipe for Cheese Stuffed Dinner Rolls. You will love these soft, garlicky and cheesy bread bombs. If you love soft dinner rolls than you will adore these beauties with cheese, brushed with butter, garlic and herbs. From time to time…
Pepperoni and Burrata Pizza with Pesto makes an amazing dinner idea as well as party food. It is simple, tasty and so easy.
Pizza is my life-saviour, literally and figurately. It is such a fantastic, cheap and satisfying way to feed your whole family.
I just love it when nobody complains at the table, and everyone gets a slice of pizza with the toppings that they want.
Usually, I double the amount of dough to make a smaller, maybe 10-inch pizza, with toppings of their choice.
Also, it does not feel bad at all when they praise you with the line “you’re the queen, mom”… Well, I am the queen in my castle anyways.
Jokes to the side, this pizza was amazing. I loved everything about it. Although the next time, I will probably add bacon since I am not the biggest fan of pepperoni.
Don’t get me wrong, I like pepperoni pizza. However, I would rather use thick carved slices of ham or perhaps some sausage, like breakfast sausage on the pizza because it is not as strong as pepperoni.
With that being said, my kids’ love pepperoni. So, I had to add these fun and cute minis. I think they look so beautiful on the pizza. Don’t you think so?
Anyhow, I tried to carefully write a detailed recipe in the recipe card.
If you see any possible mistakes, which unfortunately happens from time to time, do not hesitate to contact me or leave me a comment.
I try my best to read it through a couple of times, but typos do happen.
I adore Murray’s Burrata. They do not pay me to say that, but I just love the quality of their product.
As I said, you can add whatever you want; with pepperoni or without it, a mixture of provolone and mozzarella cheese or perhaps more meat.
Additionally, basil pesto is such an amazing addition to this pizza. It literally gives you absolutely incredible flavour.
You can and you should personalize your pizza however you want.
Hey, if you get inspired and make this tasty Pepperoni and Burrata Pizza with Pesto, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Pepperoni and Burrata Pizza with Pesto; flavorful and delicious pizza that you will love.
- 1 cup of warm water (240ml), a splash more if needed
- 1 envelope active dry yeast (1/4 oz/21g)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (8g)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (13.3g)+ for greasing bowl
- 4 cups bread flour (480g), all-purpose works well too
- 3 teaspoons salt (17g)
Pizza Toppings for 1 pizza
- 1/2 pack Mini pepperoni or regular size
- 4 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 burrata cheese, about 4 ouses (I used Murray's burrata 8 oz container pack)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- Fresh cherry tomatoes split in half
- Fresh basil
Pizza Dough Prep:
- Measure water then adds to dry yeast and sugar. Mix it. When you are using active dry yeast or yeast for pizza you do not have to activate it, but I like to dissolve it in the cup of water anyway.
- Measure the flour and add salt then mix it together. Place all the dry ingredients in the work bowl of your stand mixer.
- Pour water with yeast and sugar in the flour.
- Add the bowl on the mixer and attach the dough hook and turn the mixer to do the job of kneading.
- Mix until the dough just comes together, forming a ball and pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Increase the mixer speed to medium and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow it to rise once. Knead with hand then refrigerate for at least 6 hours to up to 24 hours.
- Remove dough to counter and punch down into a rough rectangle shape then tightly roll into a log 10 to 12 inches in length. You can use 1 extra-large pizza or two regular size pizzas. If you are making two then separate into two. Measure and cover.
- Flatten dough into a disk, then shape it into a smooth ball by folding the edges of the round in toward the centre several times and rolling it between your hands on the counter.
- Cover (each) dough ball with a clean cotton towel and allow to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven (pizza stone inside on lower rack) to 450 degrees Fahrenheit or use your regular pizza baking pan, no pan pre-heating required. Give the oven about 20 to heat up.
- When you’re ready to build the pizzas, sprinkle a couple of teaspoons of flour on a board or your countertop and place the dough right in the middle.
- Pound the dough into a disk with your hands, then pick it up and pull it through your fingers to create the outer lip.
- At this point, you need to start stretching the dough. The most-efficient way to do this is to spin the dough so that the weight of the outer lip stretches the dough by moving dough away from a centre with a bit of force.
- You can also stretch the dough on the board by turning and pulling it, and turning and pulling. Shake the peel from time to time to make sure the dough doesn’t stick.
- Brush the lip with oil, then dress the pizza with olive oil and tomato sauce.
- Shred your own mozzarella block, and add pepperoni.
- Stretch pizza over your baking pan or slide OR the hot pizza stone if you are using it.
- Bake pizza for the first 10 minutes, depending on your oven. If you are baking it on the pizza stone bake for about 7 minutes. Keep an eye on the pizza.
- Rip apart burrata with your hands, then pull the pizza out for a few seconds.
- Evenly add burrata all over the pizza, then add a few tablespoons of basil pesto. You can add more or less just spread a bit everywhere.
- Place pizza back in the oven and bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. We should not add burrata right away on the pizza because it will produce too much moisture while baking so we going to add on the end.
- Slide pizza your cutting board. Let it rest for a couple of minutes before slicing with a pizza cutter.
- While the pizza is cooling, slice cheery tomatoes and add on the pizza just before serving with a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh basil if desired.
I really love this combination, however, you can always costume make and build your pizza with toppings that you like.
When you know how to make this classic easy dough, then you really make anything with it such as pizza rolls, stromboli, calzoni, etc.
You can use store-bought pizza dough which is located usually in the DELI section of your grocery store. It is sold by the pound and you can make 1 pizza.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Thick Bamboo Wood Cutting Board/Kitchen Butcher Block - Heavy Duty Chopping Board With Juice Grooves and Handles. Best for Carving Meat, Fish and Chicken | Perfect Housewarming Gift
- Baulia TO809 Digital Countertop Toaster Oven, 12 Inch Pizza 33 Liter Compact Convection Oven | Stainless Steel Even Heat Technology | 9 Pre-programmed One-Touch Functions, 6-Slice, 1600W
- Wilton Perfect Results Non-Stick Pizza Crisper Pan, 14-Inch Pizza Pan
- Pizza Cutter | Premium Edition Slicer | 2 Sharp Blades | Round Soft Grip, Safety Cover & Stainless Steel Wheel | Cut, Slice and Clean with Ease (UpGood Kitchen Gadgets, Pitch Black)
- Betrome Rolling Pin with Pastry Mat, Classic Wood Dough Roller, for Baking Dough, Pizza, Pie, Pastries, Pasta and Cookies.
Smoked Salmon Goat Cheese Appetizers are perfect bites to serve over joyous holidays. However, in my humble opinion, these are divine perfection all year round. Sometimes, instead of these rather gourmet crackers, I would serve it with toasted bruschetta. It is just so fancy, yet…
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cacique®. All opinions are entirely my own. Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole is one amazing dish to serve any time of the year, especially during parties. Whether you are showing how to pull together…
These Tasty Labor Day Recipes that I have picked for you guys are easy, delicious, affordable and approachable. You can make them any time you want not just over Labor Day and 4th of July, or any other holiday.
If you are like my family then you start making plans for BBQ cookout for Labor Day weekend weeks ahead. It is a long weekend so at least 2 days worth of tasty leftovers.
I wish you all safe, and tasty Labor day!
MEAT, FISH, AND POULTRY:
Collection of tasty meat, fish and poultry recipes from my blog!
Can you really start BBQ season without making some amazingly delicious, and finger-licking Smoked St. Louis Style Ribs? I think not.
These ribs are so tasty we have been making them on repeat for our meal prep because they hold so good o the fridge so well for a week.
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting.
Who loves Salmon? I simply love it especially made this way. However, I am not picky at all. When it comes down to this delicious fish, I could eat it pretty much any possible way prepared.
These Chicken Fajita Skewers are fresh, tasty, healthy, colorful, and the ultimate summer grilled food that everyone loves.
When I flipped those burgers and saw it, I was breaking a happy dance around the grill. They were delightful, flavorful and in another word orgasmic. I hope you make them soon, too.
I love burgers and I absolutely love my homemade beef burgers. They are really easy, perfectly seasoned and extremely tasty.
We grill a lot and these are always a hit with everyone along with my pita bread. Not to brag or anything, but I am kind of known around here for my homemade bread.
Easy, delicious and a perfect grilled food if you wish to skip grilled meat.
BREAD AND SANDWICHES:
My absolute favorite bread from my blog.
Refreshing, healthy and easy salad recipes that you guys going to love.
We all have a bit of sweet tooth. These dessert or sweet treats are perfect after savory grilled food to share with your loved ones.
If you make any of my Tasty Labor Day Recipes, please tag me on INSTAGRAM @SANDRASEASYCOOKING. Use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could share it with others. Thank you so much for your love and support… I wish you a wonderful holiday!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the National Peanut Board. All opinions are entirely my own. Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Dip is one outstanding sweet treat for all ages. It requires just a bit of your time to make it…
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Minerva Dairy. All opinions are entirely my own. If you want to churn your recipe up to the next level, I encourage you to use Minerva tasty butter to make my Caramelized Onion Tart.…
I have been playing with some really easy recipes lately just like this tasty creamy spinach puff pastry.
I don’t think that we need to spend hours in the kitchen unless it is Thanksgiving, of course. However, even then I do not cook all day. It is all in preparation.
Anyhow, this creamy spinach puff pastry is extremely easy. I have been adding different toppings, which some those recipes are coming soon.
Well, the point of my blog is simple and easy, so you cannot get any simpler than this. Don’t you agree? I just love simple recipes like this.
My family really enjoyed this one. You can totally serve it as an appetizer or with chicken or tofu if you are vegetarian. You can serve it with pasta or bring it to a potluck, just make sure to bake a lot. (haha)
To cut the story short, I really hope you bake this soon. As you can see, it is an incredibly easy recipe yet delicious.
You can totally double the recipe if you appreciate this kind of food. In addition, you can add desired toppings; toss sauteed sausage, in-season roasted vegetables, crack an egg on top and voila. Amazing!
Okay, so if you make this one or any other of my recipes please tag me on INSTAGRAM @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking
Thank you so much for all your support!!!
Easy recipe for a tasty Creamy Spinach Puff Pastry.
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry
- 1 pack Cream of Spinach, slightly defrosted
- 4 tablespoons Creme Fraiche
- Pinch of Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- A drizzle of Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (190C)
- Thaw your frozen puff pastry, preferably in the fridge, overnight.
- Unfold your pastry only when fully thawed.
- Flour your work surface and your rolling pin. Use restraint with your rolling pin and just slightly roll.
- Add Creme Fraiche on the top of the pastry then slightly fold ends of the pastry, as shown on the pic. If you do not have Creme Fraiche, check notes below.
- Meanwhile, defrost cream of spinach, but only half way. I like using a bag one that you can steam. I steam it half way, just enough for me to crumble on top of the Creme Fraiche.
- Bake between 15 and 17 minutes, depending on your oven. Pastry needs to be golden and cream and spinach bubbly.
- Take it out and allow it to cool down for a minute or two before slicing.
Easy Creme Fraiche Substitute:
- Mix 1 cup heavy cream and 1/4 cup whole milk sour cream together.
- I like mixing it n the jar or a container with fitted lid but you can pour the mixture into a jar as well, cover and let stand in a warm place for about 8 hours.
- Then stir and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
- It will have buttery taste just like Creme Fraiche.
- Also, I made this pastry before with room temperature cream cheese. If you do not have Creme Fraiche and don't feel like making your own just use cream cheese. For one Puff pastry sheet I use about 1/4-1/2 block of Room Temperature cream cheese. When it is room temp it sis easier to spread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy and tasty fruit salad with citrus infused citrus maple dressing recipe. There is nothing more refreshing during hot summer days than colorful and delightful fruit salad. I made this tasty fruit salad with citrus maple dressing, which gave this salad a nice taste lift.…