A family gathering or holidays would not be the same without a delicious breakfast casserole, just like this Herbed Stuffing Sausage Casserole. They are a staple of my house, and I hope it will become a staple of yours as well. This is easy, tasty […]
Category: PARTY FOOD
Smoked Salmon Goat Cheese Appetizers are perfect bites to serve over joyous holidays. However, in my humble opinion, these are divine perfection all year round. Sometimes, instead of these rather gourmet crackers, I would serve it with toasted bruschetta. It is just so fancy, yet […]
Jellied Cranberry Sauce is not something that I was eating my whole life. My kids did have this sauce every Thanksgiving, for instance. My husband and I learned to enjoy it.
It is one of those dishes that both of us have not grown up with. It was rather strange to me that it was eaten with Thanksgiving Supper.
I must admit, we have never mixed sweet and savory together on one plate. At least not me. Although, cranberries are known well to go phenomenally with meat.
I am still not able to combine it with my turkey or anything savory. Well, I just take a few tablespoons after a meal like a dessert or a palate cleanser.
It merely does not sit comfortably with my palate to mix it with other foods.
However, when it comes to side dishes, most people will agree that cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving dinner is a must.
With that being said, I really enjoy the taste, pleasant aroma, tartiness, sweetness and texture of cranberry sauce. Therefore, I have decided this year to develop jellied cranberry sauce.
Many people enjoy canned one, and I must say that it is really hard to replicate that stuff. I have tried it before, of course, many times when we were invited for Thanksgiving. However, we have never served it on our Thanksgiving table.
My oldest son, Aleks, took upon himself to make his own. For the last 6 years, we have been traditionally hosting Thanksgiving dinners, and Aleks would make his famous cranberry sauce. It is very delicious, and everyone always enjoyed it.
My jellied version is incredible. I was wrangling with the idea if I should share this recipe because it is super easy. However, my blog got an EASY word in the title, so why not share it?
I understand that not everyone knows what they are doing in the kitchen. So I want to show future cooks and beginners how easy it is to pick up a pot or skillet and make food yourself.
Most of the time you got to use your instincts and taste buds, rather than sticking to the recipe, you know. Sample or taste the food, feel it, touch it, and see if you like it or not.
Even in my own house, I argue with my kids if something is seasoned enough. To me, it is perfect, but they always add extra salt. We all acquire unique tastes.
Nevertheless, I hope you like this recipe. It does not take a rocket scientist to make it. Just follow simple guidelines and it will taste amazing.
Besides, you can make it in the glass container and serve it. I just thought it looked delightful when I made it in the large muffin tin. It seemed approachable since most people do have muffin or cupcake tins.
What was I thinking?! Well, In my defense it looked cute and it was not all that hard to take it out. Just dip the bottom in the hot water, take a butter knife and go around, then flip on the platter.
Garnish with extra oranges, fresh cranberries, and pomegranate. Perhaps, a few rosemary sprigs or any other similar herbs.
I made my own sugar cranberries. You just have to boil cranberries in one cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar for 2-3 minutes. Take them out with the slotted spoon.
Allow them to cool down for 5 to 10 minutes, then dip into sugar. That’s it! A simple yet looks so decorative with cranberry sauce.
If you make my yummy Jellied Cranberry Sauce, this Thanksgiving or the next, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. I would love to see your creations and share them with everyone.
Must have a Thanksgiving side dish!
- 12-ounce fresh or frozen cranberries, slightly thawed if frozen
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups cold water
- 2- 1/4-ounce envelopes of unflavored gelatin (you may use other flavors if you wish)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon allspice seasoning (it is a mixture of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg)
- Bring cranberries, sugar, and water to a boil in a heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until all berries have burst, 6-10 minutes depending on your stove.
- Start pouring into a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl and let stand until all juices have drained through about 10 minutes or so. If necessary, press on solids until there is enough juice to measure 3 cups, then discard solids or use them for muffins or similar. If you like it chunky then I would just mash it very well.
- Take one cup of drained cranberry juice out then stir together gelatin and let stand about 60 seconds to soften and dissolve. After it dissolves combine it with the rest of the cranberry juice mixture. Mix it well.
- Pour cranberry sauce into a lightly oiled mold/s and chill, covered with plastic wrap, until firmly set, at least 10 hours. You may use mason jars, glass containers with the lid or a decorative mold/s.
- To unmold, run the tip of a thin, preferably butter knife between the edge of mold and cranberry sauce. Tilt mold sideways and tap the side of the mold against a work surface, turning it, to evenly break the seal and loosen cranberry sauce. You may dip the mold of the container in the hot water to loosen it up on the bottom.
- Now, keep mold tilted, invert a platter over mold, then invert cranberry sauce onto a platter. If you are using mason jars, you could get smaller jars and serve each jar per guest as a serving size.
Cranberry sauce can be refrigerated in the mold for up to 2 days.
If you are low carb, and on a sugar-free diet, please use sugar alternative sweeteners.
If you do not have allspice seasoning, just mix together an equal part of cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Minerva Dairy. All opinions are entirely my own. Buttery Sweet Potato Casserole is an appetizing and amazing side dish or dessert that will make any holiday dinner that much more special. The holiday season is […]
This post is sponsored by RITZ Crackers. All opinions are entirely my own. No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter RITZ Bars are easy, tasty and fantastic to serve over the holiday season. I have made this type of no-bake bar many times. What I love about this […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cacique®. All opinions are entirely my own.
Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole is one amazing dish to serve any time of the year, especially during parties.
Whether you are showing how to pull together the ultimate Game Night spread or perhaps presenting a tailgating must-have, the possibilities are truly endless.
Well, I partnered with Cacique® to create this easy dish using their fantastic and quite tasty Fully Cooked Chorizos.
Which is made with authentically seasoned premium pork shoulder and ready to eat in just minutes with zero mess.
So, when it comes to game night, Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole is one dish that we undeniably enjoy.
To be honest, it takes just a few convenient, delicious and authentic ingredients to create this amazingly appetizing casserole for your family and friends.
That being said, game night or not this could be one phenomenal weeknight dinner put together in no time.
To round out my tasty spread, I served crunchy corn chips with Cacique® Jalapeño Queso Dip.
That’s alongside my Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole. That was extremely delightful, to say the least.
I finished the dish with a drizzle of Cacique® Spicy Jalapeno sour cream.
Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizo is a great go-to when you want to pull together a quick, delicious and authentic Mexican meals.
In addition, not only is it made with premium ingredients, but it also has no additives and nothing artificial.
Therefore, pick some up and make this Tater Tots Casserole or get creative with it and let me know what you whip up!
Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos are Available in Four Delicious Varieties;
Premium Pork Shoulder, Chorizo with Eggs, Chorizo with Bacon & Potato and Chorizo with Queso.
How to Enjoy:
In short, simply heat in the microwave, oven or stovetop for as few as 3–4 minutes and enjoy.
In addition, from breakfast during the morning rushes to taco night to game day.
Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos are the perfect filling – or delicious all on their own!
Most importantly, use anywhere you would typically enjoy chorizo. Whether adding protein to tacos, or stuffing burritos.
Maybe enchiladas or even serving a dip for tortilla chips.
If you try Chorizo Chili Tater Tots Casserole or any other recipe from my blog, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking
- 2 packs Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos
- 16 oz Chili Beans
- 10 oz Cacique® Queso Fresco Cheese
- 2 cups Tater Tots
- Mexican Style Sour Cream, Cilantro Lime
- Chopped Parsley or Cilantro
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Follow the instructions on the back of the Cacique® Fully Cooked Chorizos; Heat in the oven-safe dish or pan. I used a Dutch oven with a fitted lid.
- After you heat the chorizo add chili beans and mix it well to combine.
- Crumble cheese on the top, then in one layer place tater tots next to each other.
- Slightly press potatoes down, cover the dish with the lid and bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- After 15 minutes, remove the lid and turn the oven broiler on medium temperature.
- Bake casserole under the broiler for an additional 5 minutes or until potatoes are crunchy and the casserole is bubbling. Make sure to stand by so it does not burn.
- Garnish with an equal drizzle of Mexican Sour Cream and chopped parsley or cilantro.
These Tasty Labor Day Recipes that I have picked for you guys are easy, delicious, affordable and approachable. You can make them any time you want not just over Labor Day and 4th of July, or any other holiday. If you are like my family […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the National Peanut Board. All opinions are entirely my own. Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Dip is one outstanding sweet treat for all ages. It requires just a bit of your time to make it […]
This post is sponsored by General Mills. All opinions are entirely my own.
What better way to start your morning than with a cup of coffee or tea and a nice, delectable Blueberry Cream Cheese Biscuit Danish.
Warm, sweet, delicious and most definitely an easy breakfast, brunch or dare I say dessert.
Before school starts, we always make plans for preparing clothes and the weekly menu. These NEW General Mills Pillsbury Blueberry Biscuits with icing will be on our table quite often considering they are a family favorite already.
Why would not they be?! Just look how amazing they look.
They are fluffy and delightful and are not just limited to one dish they can be baked into. We had fun creating blueberry biscuit pizzas, rolls stuffed with cream cheese and fresh blueberries as well as these amazing Danishes.
With that being said, you could really just bake them and spread a bit of butter on top for a classic sweet biscuit breakfast.
My kids enjoyed these very much. We are just about to create an amazing weekend breakfast using their new chocolate chip biscuits, which are must-try.
Needless to say, my 12-year-old is having a great time prepping these with me. Please do include your children and grand-babies when you’re baking.
Nothing beats any bonding activity you do with your children, especially baking, which will always make them smile all the way through the process and after when tasting the finished product. It’s fun and you make memories that will truly last a lifetime.
You can purchase the New Pillsbury Sweet Biscuits with Icing – Chocolate Chip and Blueberry at Publix.
I got them on aisle 16, where you would usually find other Pillsbury goodies just ready for you to bake them.
I got themon aisle 16, where you would usually find other Pillsbury goodies just ready foryou to bake them.
If you make these tasty Blueberry Cream Cheese Biscuit Danish, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. I would love to share your creation with everyone. Thank you!!!
- 1 Pillsbury New Blueberry Biscuits, 8 CT
- 1/2 block cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- You may serve them with fresh blueberries and a lemon zest
- Press the middle of each biscuit with your fingers and create a little bowl.
- Add about 1/2 teaspoon of blueberry jam in each biscuit.
- Using a hand mixer, combine together room temperature cream cheese & sugar.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract and mix again.
- Add cream cheese filling on the top and spread a bit. The best way is to use two teaspoons.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle each with frosting. Add a bit of lemon zest and fresh blueberries for the perfect breakfast or brunch.
You may use other jams as well such as blackberries, strawberries or apricots
Strawberry Jello Summer Salad is undoubtedly an easy, fabulous and tasty recipe. We enjoy nothing but this incredibly simple and classic dessert all summer long. I heard that every good Southern lady should know how to properly make delicious jello salad. Well, I must say, […]