This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MarinadesWithMazola #MakeItWithHeart #CollectiveBiasChicken Chicken Fajita Skewers are fresh, tasty, healthy, colorful, and the ultimate summer grilled food that everyone loves. We do not include Mazola® Corn Oil only […]
I dare to say that Zesty Rosemary Lime Chicken Wings are absolutely mouthwatering especially made in the Air Fryer. I mean, you do not have to be a chef or even a good cook to make these. So simple, yet packed with flavor. We just […]
Roast chicken with potatoes is my favorite meal. It reminds me greatly of my grandma and Sundays that I spend in her house. She would make this almost every single time when I come to visit.
I believe that it takes me back to that time of my life. With that being said, I just love the aroma of Lemon and Herb Roast Chicken. Don’t you? It is just intoxicating when it’s roasting.
I try to make roast chicken with potatoes almost every Sunday just to celebrate the end of the week, end of the weekend and making a tradition with my kids just like my grandmom creates special memories with me. I got to say that she made one of the best roast chicken that I’ve ever tasted.
She was a gourmand. That woman loved food and enjoyed eating more than anything, and I love that I got that from her… At least I’d like to think that my love for food came from her. I never saw her after I turned 9 or 10, but even now Sunday lunches always remind me of her.
Do you have dishes that remind you of your childhood? I would love to hear. I have a couple of dishes that make me quite teary because it reminds me of a special moment in my life. It wasn’t that many amazing and beautiful ones at least not fro my childhood, so I treasure those that I could remember or say that they were special and beautiful.
Of course, my husband and I now create our own tradition with our 3 kids and I couldn’t be more pleased when I hear my kids are talking about special moments that we created for them…
Hey, if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Lemon and Herb Roast Chicken
Simple, delicious and the most flavorful roast chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1/2 Lemon + its juice
- Olive Oil
Seasoning and Herbs
- 2-3 generous Pinches of Salt
- 1/4 Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1/4 tablespoon Sumac
- 2-3 sprigs Lemon Thyme
- Get a sharp paring knife and a pair of kitchen scissors and butterfly your whole chicken. Place the chicken on a cutting board with chicken breast-side-down. Working from the cavity opening up to the neck, cut down each side of the backbone with a pair of kitchen shears. Discard the backbone. I do not discard backbone, but if you wish you can.
- Add all the seasoning and herbs on the chicken inside and out, then drizzle a bit of oil and squeeze half of the lemon. Massage the chicken all the seasoning and herbs could marry together.
- Cover the chicken and place in the fridge for at least 10 hours. Do not leave chicken on the countertop for more than 15 minutes.
- Before starting to roast the chicken, preheat over to 375F.
- Place in the oven-safe dish, even on a roasting rack would be okay, maybe even the best, but since I didn't have a roasting rack I made it in the regular baking pan.
- Roast chicken for about 50-60 minutes, depending on your oven. Make sure to drizzle chicken with chicken drip just to keep it more flavorful.
- When the internal temp of the chicken measures 165F it is done and cooked through.
- Turn the Broiler on high for a minute just to make crunch the skin even more.
- You can add some potatoes in the chicken drip or save it for the next time you make roasted potatoes and chicken. It produces the most flavorful taste.
- I served the chicken with roasted potatoes. I baked potatoes between 25-30 minutes at 400F or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
Dried thyme and fresh thyme are interchangeable with some difference in flavor. The standard ratio is 3 teaspoons fresh = 1 teaspoon dry, but this is often hard to measure. Figure 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme leaf is equivalent to a fairly large sprig. If you use powdered thyme, use 3/4 as much as you would dried leaf.
Hello everyone, I hope your long weekend was fantastic and that you are enjoying summer break. We have been on break since last week and I can’t even believe that I will have a senior, a freshman, and the 6th grader next school year. […]
It’s been a while since I posted a real dinner recipe, so I‘ve decided to post this fast and delicious dish that everyone loves. Chicken Fajita Bowl is amazing! Usually, I make cauliflower rice for myself, but the family loves eating rice and beans or just plain rice with Chicken Fajita. To be honest both of my boys strongly dislike cooked peppers and onion so I make […]
Salads make such an amazing lunch or dinner. We all love quick and easy lunch like this. I do not like adding a bunch of stuff to my chicken salad so this is as easy as it gets. I love pickles so that is always a must for me.
Actually, my daughter, Anna loves salads like this just as much as me. We could eat for days tuna as well as salmon salad, which is coming soon on my blog, potato salads, and egg salad as well.
Sometimes it scares me how much in common we have with each other. She loves almost everything that I love, except pies. She would rather take a cake over a pie, and I am the opposite. Never come between me and my pie, although as long as a cake does not contain any frosting I am loving it, too.
Anyhow, this was one amazing lunch that we enjoyed very much and we hope you will enjoy it as well.
Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken Breast cooked
- 1/2-1 Celery rib/stick finely diced
- 6 Kosher Mini Pickles finely diced
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Flakes or Powder You can use 1/4 raw onion as well, just finely dice it
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 4-5 tablespoons Mayonesse I used Mayo with Avocado Oil
- Croissants Toast, Hoagie Rolls, tortilla/wraps etc.
- Lettuce – Boston butter, or any other greens that you prefer
- Shred chicken and run across with a sharp knife to make sure that the chicken is really finely chopped. Dice celery and pickles. If you like sweet relish please add that although I prefer Kosher Mini Pickles.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients, as you can see in my pictures.
- Mix it very well, place in the container with a fitted lid and transfer it to the fridge.
- Allow it to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve it in the sandwiches, lettuce cups, wraps, etc.
Properly stored, the chicken salad will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. How long can chicken salad be left at room temperature?
Chicken salad should be discarded if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
You can use baked, roasted, boiled chicken or perhaps store-bought rotisserie chicken or any other on hand or whatever is convenient for you. I like to boil mine with herbs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, carrots, onion, and ginger.
This way I can use that broth in my cooking like stews, soups or similar. You can also use chicken breast on the one and just remove the meat from the bone when it cooked. You can also use a combination of dark and white meat, which always gives you amazing flavor and texture.
Simple meals are the best, and one sheet meals are so versatile and to be honest they rock my world. When I have veggies that need to be used or I am leaving town for a few days, or maybe I just need a quick dinner, this type of meal […]
This easy naan bread pizza comes together in 5 minutes and you can even prep everything ahead, plus it is versatile. I had leftover grilled chicken from the weekend, some tomatoes as well as olives, a bit of red onion and voila.
You can really make it vegetarian, or meat pizza, with sauce or like mine without it, the options are endless.
I love simple and easy meals… I mean, I named my blog”easy cooking” after all, so this fits in the affordable, simple and easy meal category.
If you are a single person, or a college student or you have no idea how to cook, seriously, it is super simple, so let me show you how to do it.
HOW to make chicken from scratch:
- 4 chicken breasts
- A generous sprinkle of salt and ground black pepper on each chicken breast
- A generous sprinkle of Chicken Seasoning
- 1/4 tbsp. Herbs (parsley, thyme or rosemary)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice *optional
- Season the chicken well with salt and chicken seasoning, on both sides, then add herbs and pour oil over it, make sure to cover both sides. I like adding lemon juice and/or lemon zest when I have it on hand because it gives this amazingly refreshing aroma and taste as well.
- Allow chicken to marinate for at least 15 minutes in the fridge in the Ziploc bag or in the deeper bowl. Cover the bowl or close the bag and marinade in the fridge.
- Grill chicken on the preheated grill for 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temp. reads 165F.
- Or you could preheat your skillet or saute pan, add oil and cook for a couple of minutes on each side or until completely done.
- If you want the Asian flavor you can just marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes submerged in 1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce, 2 tbsp Soy sauce, garlic. green onion and ginger.
- Make sure to place chicken in the fridge to marinade. I love using a large Ziploc bag to marinate chicken. You literally, place chicken in the bag, pour marinade mixture over it, close the bag, shake it a bit and place in the fridge, that’s it!
Easy Naan Bread Pizza
- 1 Naan Bread mine was roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup Cheese shredded (Mozzarella, or Pizza Cheese Blend)
- 1/2 Chicken breast, cooked store-bought or homemade, grilled or pan-fried
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 3 Olives any on hand
- Herbs for garnish Italian herb mix/blend or any on hand to enhance the flavor
- Red chili flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Add cheese on top of Naan bread, then add cooked chicken sliced into cubes, olives, tomatoes.
- Sprinkle some Italian herbs and red chili flakes.
- Bake it for 3 minutes then turn the broiler on high and bake for an additional minute or two, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Slice and eat... Enjoy!
You may bake it in a conventional oven, which cooking time might be less than in my directions. You can use the microwave to make this. It will not be as crunchy, but still just as tasty. You can add any topping that you like; Hawaiian pizza, vegetarian pizza, three meat pizza, etc. possibilities are endless.
Chicken and Mixed Vegetables Stir fry is a simple and easy weeknight dinner, which makes it an excellent weekend meal as well. My family typically seeks for stir-fry ones a week, so since we have so many amazing versatile stir-fry recipes I change vegetables or […]