One more chicken recipe, but this is Cajun Chicken over Potatoes, which extra tasty. Don’t you just love the crunchy chicken skin?
What’s more, this one was ever so crunchy with a touch of heat from Cayenne pepper, simply the way I like it.
There is no better comfort than potatoes and chicken. Usually, I would serve it over the weekend when the whole family gets together.
Since we are so busy during the week, sitting at the dining room table is sometimes impossible, so that’s why we make an effort and make it that much more special over the weekend.
I have hardly any leftovers, and that’s what I like to see empty plates or bowls.
When I make chicken and potatoes, there is always a big bowl of mixed greens salad with citrusy dressing, and homemade bread.
It just wouldn’t be complete without it. I hope you will appreciate this type of supper as much as we did.
If you make Cajun Chicken over Potatoes or any other of my recipes please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking and make sure to use hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
I would love to see your delicious creations and share them with my readers as well. Thank you so much in advance!
Easy and tasty family dinner idea.
- 4 Chicken Thighs with a drumstick you can use chicken breast, drumsticks or thighs
- 2 tablespoons Ghee or similar, butter could be used as well
Cajun Dry Rub
- ½ teaspoon ground Black Pepper 2.3g
- 2½ teaspoons Salt 14.22g
- 2 teaspoons Onion powder 4.6g
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin 2.30g
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder 2.30 g
- 1 teaspoon smoked Paprika 2.30g
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder 2.30g
- 1½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper 3.45g
- ½ teaspoon dry Parsley 0.53g
- ½ teaspoon dry Sage 0.53g
- ½ teaspoon dry Thyme 0.53g
- 2-3 lbs Yellow Potatoes more if you wish
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine everything for the rub and if you have any leftover dry rub, place it in the airtight container. Keep it in a dry place, such as a pantry.
- Add Cajun Dry Rub in the large plate, and cover the chicken with dry rub. Pat the rub so it can stick, and place on the other plate or tray, continue until all 4 pieces are done.
- Cover the plate or a tray with plastic wrap/film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat oven at 400F/200C.
- Grease the bottom of the baking pan with oil or shortening. Place chicken in the baking pan and bake it for 45-50 minutes or until the chicken is golden. The internal temp for chicken thighs and drumsticks is 175F/80C and for chicken Breast 165F/74C.
- If you want an extra crunchy skin, turn the broiler on and let it cook under it for a couple of minutes. Try not to burn it!
- Serve it over roasted potatoes, or mashed potatoes.
- Wash and scrub clean the potatoes, then about 10 minutes into cooking chicken, add quartered potatoes on the side of the chicken.
- If the potatoes are not done by the time chicken is, just take the chicken out and cook potatoes until they are tender or crispy, depending on what you like the best.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.