Piglets in a blanket recipe
These delicious appetizers are a staple in my house during parties for many, many years. One of the kids’ favorites quick snacks.
I brought them to school, I send them to my husbands work, I served them during birthday parties and Superbowl as well.
Since we have Superbowl tomorrow I thought to finally post them on my blog.
I think I posted them a long time ago, but pictures were somewhat catastrophic so I am updating the whole post and a recipe.
I actually really like using better quality wieners, and I love boars head products.
I have been using boars head for a couple of years now. I know they are a bit more expensive but you can’t deny the quality of their products plus the taste is absolutely amazing.
I wish you all an amazing week!
PIGLETS IN A BLANKET
- 2 cans Croissants Rolls/8 rolls each (or more)
- 24 fully cooked cocktail wieners I used boars head cocktail beef frankfurters and large frankfurters
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. Dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- Sesame seeds *Optional
- Boil 2 cups of water in a larger pot and drop wieners in for about 3-4 minutes. It takes away a lot of packed sodium and it tastes much better. This step is not necessary but I think it tastes so much better.
- Heat oven to 375°F and Grease baking pan.
- For smaller cocktail wieners or frankfurters, cut each triangle in half, lengthwise. Place 1 wiener on shortest side of each triangle; roll up to opposite point. Place, point side down, on greased cookie sheet.
- For larger franks, cut each triangle into 3 smaller triangles and as you see on my picture roll from one end to the other using all three cut out pieces on one frank since it is triple the size compared to the cocktail wiener.
- This is not necessary as well, but it tastes so amazing. Melt unsalted butter, then ass dried parsley and garlic powder. Brush it over each roll and you can add some sesame seeds if you have any. I had only black sesame seeds and that is what I have used.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Serve them with mustard, ketchup or any condiment that you desire.
You may use any brand of wieners and any brand of Croissants, Rolls.