I have been playing with some really easy recipes lately just like this tasty creamy spinach puff pastry.
I don’t think that we need to spend hours in the kitchen unless it is Thanksgiving, of course. However, even then I do not cook all day. It is all in preparation.
Anyhow, this creamy spinach puff pastry is extremely easy. I have been adding different toppings, which some those recipes are coming soon.
Well, the point of my blog is simple and easy, so you cannot get any simpler than this. Don’t you agree? I just love simple recipes like this.
My family really enjoyed this one. You can totally serve it as an appetizer or with chicken or tofu if you are vegetarian. You can serve it with pasta or bring it to a potluck, just make sure to bake a lot. (haha)
To cut the story short, I really hope you bake this soon. As you can see, it is an incredibly easy recipe yet delicious.
You can totally double the recipe if you appreciate this kind of food. In addition, you can add desired toppings; toss sauteed sausage, in-season roasted vegetables, crack an egg on top and voila. Amazing!
Okay, so if you make this one or any other of my recipes please tag me on INSTAGRAM @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking
Thank you so much for all your support!!!
Easy recipe for a tasty Creamy Spinach Puff Pastry.
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry
- 1 pack Cream of Spinach, slightly defrosted
- 4 tablespoons Creme Fraiche
- Pinch of Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- A drizzle of Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (190C)
- Thaw your frozen puff pastry, preferably in the fridge, overnight.
- Unfold your pastry only when fully thawed.
- Flour your work surface and your rolling pin. Use restraint with your rolling pin and just slightly roll.
- Add Creme Fraiche on the top of the pastry then slightly fold ends of the pastry, as shown on the pic. If you do not have Creme Fraiche, check notes below.
- Meanwhile, defrost cream of spinach, but only half way. I like using a bag one that you can steam. I steam it half way, just enough for me to crumble on top of the Creme Fraiche.
- Bake between 15 and 17 minutes, depending on your oven. Pastry needs to be golden and cream and spinach bubbly.
- Take it out and allow it to cool down for a minute or two before slicing.
Easy Creme Fraiche Substitute:
- Mix 1 cup heavy cream and 1/4 cup whole milk sour cream together.
- I like mixing it n the jar or a container with fitted lid but you can pour the mixture into a jar as well, cover and let stand in a warm place for about 8 hours.
- Then stir and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
- It will have buttery taste just like Creme Fraiche.
- Also, I made this pastry before with room temperature cream cheese. If you do not have Creme Fraiche and don't feel like making your own just use cream cheese. For one Puff pastry sheet I use about 1/4-1/2 block of Room Temperature cream cheese. When it is room temp it sis easier to spread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.