Nutella is an absolute favourite in my family, so I thought making Nutella Rolls would be appropriate as well as appreciated. I cannot say they are not. My family honestly licked two trays clean and asked for more. These rolls are soft, sweet, fluffy and […]
If you told me a couple of years ago that I will make Homemade Classic Marshmallow, I would not believe you. I always thought I was not talented enough or patient enough to make my own. With that being said, I was not aware of […]
School is in a full session for over two months now, so these delicious and Fluffy Cream Cheese Blueberry Pancakes make an appearance on our table quite often.
We are almost at the Fall break, but temperatures are not getting any better. We are still in the ’90s and that’s really not good. You see, I am a big fan of comfort food, cooler weather, autumn, so these summer temperatures are not fun to me at all.
Anyhow, my boys always loved a good hot breakfast before school. Most of the time, I would prep ahead so they could have a quick meal in no time. Sometimes, I also make waffles which we really love.
To make these yummy pancakes you really do not need to be a rocket scientist. Just a bit of time and they are done quickly. You may add any other berries as well, or chocolate chips.
However, during summertime, I get the best berries just like these blueberries and freeze them so I could make this all year round.
Blueberries, especially frozen wild blueberries produce such a pretty color and they are amazing for us. Do you like organic wild blueberries? You can get them frozen in the grocery store and they are an absolute delight.
You guys going to love these scrumptious pancakes because my family and I just adore them for breakfast, brunch or a quick snack.
I have several dinner pancakes on my blog as well as waffles and wonderful breakfast ideas. If you search my blog, you’d probably need more than an hour. I have so many amazing recipes for you to try.
If you try my tasty Fluffy Cream Cheese Blueberry Pancakes or any other recipe from my site, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking Thank you in advance!
Delicious and easy blueberry pancakes with tasty homemade blueberry sauce.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar or any other sweetener I used Swerve
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Pinch Kosher Salt
- 2 large eggs separated yolks, and egg whites
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 6 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Ghee or unsalted butter for the skillet
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 2 cups Blueberries, fresh or frozen (You can use even wild frozen blueberries)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch or any other thickener (no flour)
- Whisk together dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: egg yolks and the buttermilk. Add the cream cheese and mix until combined (the mixture will look broken). Stir in the melted butter and vanilla extract. Combine everything together by adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. I like to use an electric mixer to make these as smooth as possible
- Now, In another bowl, using electric mixer mix the egg whites with a splash of apple cider vinegar until soft peaks form, then gently fold into the pancake batter. This will make pancakes fluffy.
- Heat a cast-iron pan or a skillet over medium heat then brush with melted butter or ghee.
- Drop the batter into the pan by 1/3-1/4 cup, leaving space between each pancake. It's good to have measuring cup close and use it as a ladle.
- Add blueberries, one at the time and slightly push down into pancake. No need to over crowed the pancake.
- Cook until golden brown on the bottom and just starting to dry a bit on top, adjusting the heat as necessary so the pancakes do not get too dark about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook until the reverse side is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the finished pancakes to the baking sheet or a platter. You can keep warm in the oven or microwave until ready to serve. I even heat them up in the microwave for 30 seconds just before serving,
- Drizzle a bit of sauce over ir and enjoy, You may also add whatever you desire; fresh fruit, whipped cream, maple syrup or honey, jam, etc.
Place one and a half of blueberries in a saucepan and reserve half o the cup for later. Cover with sugar and pour water over it a good squeeze of lemon.
Then, cook over medium-low heat until mixture comes to a slight boil.
Meanwhile, dissolve cornstarch in the cup with a few tablespoons of water, mix until smooth. Then dissolved cornstarch to the blueberries and bring mixture to a boil again.
Continue simmer ing on low heat for a few more minutes, or until sauce reaches thicker consistency. Add water, one tablespoon at a time, if the sauce gets too thick.
Add that half of the cup of reserved blueberries, stir and enjoy.
If I am eating pancakes or waffles I usually do gluten-free and sugar-free, however, sometimes I even use almond flour to make it just to keep it low carb. Just to add that Almond flour will not give you the fluffiest pancakes, but they are low carb so no complaints here.
Just use whatever you feel is right for you. I use sugar-free sugar as I like to call it, which is most of the time either monk fruit sweetener or Truvia. Also, "maple syrup" sugar-free. Which is not maple syrup just taste a bit like it. What I wanted to say that you can make it meet your dietary needs, it might not be exactly the same but you don't have to restrict yourself too much.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
SANDRA’S EASY COOKING a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking recommended products to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. My Amazon Store
These easy energy bars are perfect bars to pick you up after a workout, or if you need a snack to keep you full until your actual meal. Energy bars are not a meal replacement. It is a homemade snack that will keep you satisfied. Of course, cravings […]
These super easy and delicious Piglets in a Blanket are a staple in my house appetizers or hors d’oeuvre, especially during parties. Well, I must say that piglets in a blanket are one of my kids’ favorites quick after-school snacks. However, over the years I […]
Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Cream are amazingly delicious. They are even sweeter when made in the company of your kid.
When we have breaks from school we love cooking together, making friendly cooking competitions and creating memories.
These cupcakes look absolutely delightful. Don’t you agree with me?
You have to know your child’s limits, so don’t let them cook by themselves if you are not comfortable.
However, since my two oldest kids are trained properly, how to move around the kitchen I am not worried, but I do check to see if everything is alright.
These cupcakes were a winner. My baby girl, Anna, didn’t let me share this recipe until she made it at least several times.
To be quite frank with you, the first time when I tasted these cupcakes I thought they were from the box.
They had this cooking competition and I was so sure that she used the boxed mix to win over her brother.
I kept telling her that I do not believe her until my oldest one came out and said: “Yes, mama I lost for a reason. They are from scratch!”
He made the most amazing donuts from scratch, but cupcakes were just better.
With mouth half open and full of cupcakes, I was amazed. Well, I have to admit that I can make pretty much anything that you desire.
However, when it comes to cakes I need a lot of practice. I think my girl has natural talent. Period!
Do you allow your kids to cook or help you in the kitchen?
If they do not, I think you should. Not only that you guys create memories, but it’s a fun experience.
In addition, it gives them that sense of accomplishment so they feel proud of themselves as well as a healthy relationship with food.
Mine has more than 5 really good dishes in their repertoire that they can make blindfolded.
My oldest one goes a little bit beyond and starts to style each plate like a real chef, where my girl is all comfort. You know “put on the plate and just eat”.
Ohh! If you are wondering about my youngest one, Daniel…well he is the boss, so he usually supervises the whole situation in the kitchen when they are cooking. Hehe
Anyhow, if you make these tasty Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Cream, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking, using hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could re-share your creations. Thank you so much in advance!
Simple, Tasty and Easy Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp. organic Coconut oil room temp.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk any on hand
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme OR make your own (recipe below in the notes)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place Baking Cups in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix 4 tbsp coconut oil, then add the sugar, beat well. Beat for a few minutes. Mix in the vanilla and eggs until blended.
- Add your wet ingredients (coconut oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla) to your dry ingredients (cocoa powder mixture). Make sure you add the wet ingredients a little at a time.
- Add approximately 3/4 cup of milk mix/fold to combine.
- Divide batter among your muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling racks and cool completely.
- Fill Cupcakes with marshmallows cream. Fit decorating bag with large star tip. Fill the bag with the filling of your choice. Pipe on the circular top of each cupcake and mounding filling slightly in center. You may also use heavy whipped cream especially if you dislike marshmallows.
- Garnish each cupcake with chocolate organic peanut butter or any frosting that you like. Store in the refrigerator.
How to make Marshmallow Cream:
- ¼ cup of water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine together the sugar, corn syrup, water and salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 240F on a candy thermometer.
- While the sugar mixture is slowly boiling, add the egg whites and cream of tartar to the bowl and mix with a whisk attachment. of your electric mixer. Whip on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- The egg whites should be ready and waiting when the sugar mixture reaches 240 degrees F. If the egg whites reach soft peaks before the sugar mixture reaches its temperature, turn off the mixer.
- When the sugar mixture reaches about 240 F, turn the mixer speed to low and very slowly drizzle the syrup down the side of the mixer bowl. Once you added all of the syrup, increase the speed to medium-high and beat until stiff, glossy peaks form and the mixture has cooled substantially about 6-8 minutes. Add the vanilla extract during the last few minutes of beating.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love having sweet anything every day, in moderation, of course, but in reality, I am more going toward savory, rather than sweets. Ever since I got a box of these yummy Biscoff cookies I really had to brainstorm what I could make with them, […]