If you told me a couple of years ago that I will make Homemade Classic Marshmallow, I would not believe you.
I always thought I was not talented enough or patient enough to make my own. With that being said, I was not aware of how easy they are to make.
Well, I must admit that ever since my husband surprised me with KitchenAid I have been making all kinds of delicious recipes.
Much like an air fryer, I have no idea how did I ever live this long without these two kitchen gadgets. It is Life-changing!
Anyhow, my family was shocked to learn that I made these beauties. Yes… and I was really proud of myself.
To be honest, I gave myself the challenge to learn some to-go easy desserts this year as well as next. I mean, to have more patience and learn. That is my goal for next year.
What did I learn making homemade Marshmallow?
- You could replace the vanilla extract with a different flavor extract, such as peppermint, almond, lime or lemon, maple, etc.
- After cutting marshmallows into the shape you want, you may dip them in melted chocolate, or drizzle on top.
- You may use cookie cutters or just a sharp knife to cup them. Make sure to coat a knife into the sugar-corn starch mixture to prevent marshmallows from sticking.
- Be patinate! It is a key to successfully make these, on the other hand, you really cannot possibly fail.
- If you wish to add anything in the marshmallows after flavoring with the vanilla extract, fold in mini chocolate chips, cocoa nibs, cinnamon, or your desired mix-in.
What equipment to use:
- Candy Thermometer is a must. This classic thermometer you may use when you make jelly as well as for deep frying.
- Nonstick Bakeware Nonstick Baking Pan With Lid, Rectangle – 9 Inch x 13 Inch. It is fantastic when you pour in your sicky marshmallow mixture to have strength corners and higher sides. Also, the fitted pan lid is always great to have.
- A stand mixer with a whisk attachment is one gadget that makes processes of making marshmallows easier. You turn it on, set an alarm to 13 minutes and wait until the magic happens.
If you get inspired and make Homemade Classic Marshmallow using this recipe, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
Try making these with my homemade hot cocoa. It is the best mix ever.