Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better.
If you like chicken salad or egg salad than you will love these low carb lettuce wraps. Addition of peas is optional, of course. However, they add such an amazing burst of sweetness.
You can add carrots or corn, or addition of all. Well, I think it just comes down to your personal preference.
It is all about creating something that you like. Taste and feel your food and see how you can develop a meal with your own twist.
Also, from time to time I would add eggs and sometimes I would skip including them.
The best part of this kind of salad is that you can use any chicken breast, although I would totally recommend rotisserie chicken.
Most of the time we do have leftovers after getting a large rotisserie chicken from the store and this is what we make.
It is just such a delicious and easy way to make lunch or even dinner.
My husband and I devoured this tray of lettuce wraps. I did not even miss bread or additional carbs.
That being said, I will probably slice some tomatoes and avocado the next time I serve these.
This salad reminds me greatly of my Russian Olivier Salad, except that I did not add smoked ham and boiled potatoes.
Oh, I can’t even tell you how much I love that salad that’s why I created this one. Something similar, but still somewhat different.
Please do check out my delicious and extremely easy Russian Olivier Salad because I have a feeling that you guys will love it.
Anyhow, if you make my amazing Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps please tag me on INSTAGRAM.
@sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance. I really appreciate all your support!
You may also like:
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe in a yummy croissant
- School Lunch Box with Amazing Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Asian Style Chicken and Pineapple Lettuce Wraps
Easy and tasty lunch or fun appetizers. Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better.
- 1 1/2-2 cup pull apart rotisserie chicken breast
- 4 large boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted (optional)
- 2 kosher pickles, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 Butterhead lettuce
- Use any leftover chicken breast such as oven-roasted chicken or even boiled, however, my recommendation is rotisserie. Take the skin off and pull off chicken breast meat off. Shred and pull apart with two forks or with your hands. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Boil eggs, 6 minutes in the boiling water. Submerge eggs in cold water, break them a bit and leave for 5 minutes before peeling. Peel eggs and chop into small pieces. Add eggs to the mixing bowl.
- Add diced pickles, lemon juice, a dash of salt and pepper, then mix it by tossing it.
- Now, add mayo and mustard and mix it to coat everything very well. Keep salad in the fridge before serving.
- Wash and separate butter lettuce or any lettuce on hand and add about 2 tablespoons of the salad in the middle of the lettuce cup.
- I like garnishing it with a dash of black pepper and sweet paprika or red hot chili pepper flakes. This really depending on your personal preference.
The salad could be refrigerated and in airt tight container for up to 3 days. That is for the best taste.
If you do not like peas, please omit or add corn or carrots.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Chef Collection, Premium 7 Pieces Wooden Cooking and Serving Utensils/Spatulas set |Small,Medium,Long plain,Dotted,Slotted Spatulas, Rice Spoon, Ladle|Nonstick Wooden Gadgets| Great Gift
- Zelite Infinity Chef Knife 8 Inch - Comfort-Pro Series - German High Carbon Stainless Steel - Razor Sharp, Super Comfortable
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)