This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Minerva Dairy. All opinions are entirely my own. Buffalo Chicken Meatballs in a buttery sauce are so addictive, delicious, and easy to make. I partnered with Minerva Dairy to show you how I…
Phyllo Triangles Stuffed with Cheese is a fantastic appetizer, party food, or you could just eat it as a snack. I grew up eating this tasty treat just stuffed with cow cheese mixed with eggs, then stuffed in the homemade dough. Many of you call…
Just like any baked goods, these Basil Pesto and Cheese Rolls are pillowy and comforting at every bite. These are soft, tasty and super easy to make.
I do not bake as often as before. Perhaps because I cannot stop eating.
Well, to be honest, any type of bread or rolls is just a pure temptation to me. I would take it over any type of cake.
I still do it for other people and for my family too, but like I said just not as often.
These rolls are so delicious. They literally melt in your mouth but my trick is to let them do their thing; rise dough overnight in the fridge and allow them to double in size when before baking.
I mean, yes, you can make them as soon as dough doubles in size, sure. However, that fermentation process is just so neccecery when it comes to having successful rolls.
That has been my personal experience for the last 20 years, so I just want you guys to just experiment and come to your own conclusion.
In order to learn you definitely need to fail at least once, and I failed so many times until my bread, rolls, pizza dough, etc. came out great.
Anyhow, these rolls never last too long in my house especially when all of them are at home during breaks or over the weekend.
I hope your family likes them as much as we do. They are really simple as you can see.
You do not need much to make them, and even if you do not have a stand-up mixer you can knead the dough with your hands. I have made everything using my hands for 19 years.
This is the first year that I am using a stand-up mixer, but that is only because my husband decided to surprise me, otherwise, I would still use my hands. Trust me on that one!
Hey, if you try making these tasty Basil Pesto and Cheese Rolls tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
I would love to see your tasty creations. Thank you so much for your love and support.
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE RECIPES:
An easy and tasty recipe for Basil Pesto and Cheese Rolls
- 1 cup of warm water (240ml), a splash more if needed
- 1 envelope active dry yeast (1/4 oz/21g)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (8g)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (13.3g)+ for greasing bowl
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (480g)
- 3 teaspoons salt (17g)
- 6 oz Basil Pesto
- 2-3 oz Cheese, (I used swiss cheese)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Measure water then adds to dry yeast and sugar. Mix it. When you are using active dry yeast or yeast for pizza you do not have to activate it, but I like to dissolve it in the cup of water anyway.
- Measure the flour and add salt then mix it together. Place all the dry ingredients in the work bowl of your stand mixer.
- Pour water with yeast and sugar in the flour.
- Add the bowl on the mixer and attach the dough hook and turn the mixer to do the job of kneading.
- Mix until the dough just comes together, forming a ball and pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Increase the mixer speed to medium and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer dough to well oiled larger bowl and cover. Place dough either in the oven or microwave so it could rise. If your oven has a proof setting this is a perfect time to use it, if not just keep it in the turned-off oven. Allow it to rise for the first time for about 45 to 60 minutes. You can make rolls after this point, but I do step 7. and 8. most of the time.
- It will double in size. Knead, cover and place in the fridge for about 6-8 hrs/overnight before making rolls.
- You do not have to chill the dough, however, they do come out so much better, plus it is easier to roll out. After chilling let it sit at the room temperature for about 15 minutes before rolling out.
- Dust your working surface with a bit of flour. Roll out dough to (0.635cm) 1/4 inch thick. The size is approximately (38cm) 15 inches wide and (53cm) 21 inches long.
- Spread basil pesto from one end to the other, but leave maybe 1/2 inch from the edge so it is easier to roll. Then shred some swiss cheese all over the pesto. You can add more or less and any cheese that you prefer. I will leave this to you.
- Slowly roll the dough until you reach the end. Pull ends to have an even end. Slice it in half, then cut the cylinder into 12 to 14 equal slices.
- Place cut side up and evenly spaced 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap or a large cotton kitchen towel and set aside in a warm place to let rise for at least 30 minutes to one hour. They need to double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake them for 30 to 35 minutes. This also depends on your oven, and baking dish.
- If you are baking in the ceramic dish like I did, then bake at a lower temperature, I would do the same if you choose to bake it in cast iron, however, for a regular metal baking dish I would go to 375F and bake for about 25 minutes or until they are nicely golden brown.
- As soon as you pull these rolls out brush them with some butter. I used unsalted butter.
You may use sun-dried tomato pesto or any other filling with this dough.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Bakeware Set -Premium Nonstick Baking Pans -Set of 5- Includes a Pie Pan, Square Cake Pan, Baking Pan, Bread Pan, Cup Cake Pan with Blue Silicone Hnadles By Intriom
- Baking Is My Therapy T-Shirt
- Rolling Pins for Baking Combo, Pastry Mat Kit With Chopper/Scraper and Basting Brush, Large 19x23 Inch Reusable Silicone Non-Slip Non-Stick Mat With Fondant/ Dough Measurements/Dough Roller Baking Set
Meat Lovers Egg Muffins are such an amazing at to feed a crowd. They are also great for meal prep. I am not big on meal prepping. Well, I do pre-pack meat into smaller containers or ziplock bags, sometimes chop vegetables and store my herbs.…
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #GetMovingwithJimmyDean #CollectiveBias
Stress-Free Breakfasts with Jimmy Dean® products are the best. It’s simple, flavorful, my family loves it and did I mention that it’s stress-free guaranteed? Oh, yes!
Jimmy Dean® brand has been supplying high-quality family-favorites for 50 years so why don’t you Let Jimmy Dean® products help take some of the hassles out of hectic mornings.
I imagine every parent has their hands in the air because that is a fact and the truth.
Well, to be honest, I am not a morning person. Most of my mornings are: ”do not ask me anything before my first cup of coffee”. Ask anyone and they will tell you the same.
I am only speaking the truth here as a mom of three for the last 19 years of my life.
Jimmy Dean® brand offers a huge selection of ready-to-eat frozen breakfast favorites, that are sure to please everyone in the family.
I must tell you that Stress-Free Breakfasts with Jimmy Dean products are a blessing in disguise. Honestly!
My husband and I as well as our children really enjoy Jimmy Dean’s products if you could not tell already.
I do not have the time to prep breakfast from scratch all the time. We just rush out of the door three out of five days of school.
With that being said, It’s my morning lifeline if we are late for school and it makes a wonderful after school snack.
Have you guys tried Jimmy Dean® Meat Lovers Breakfast Bowl, 7oz or Jimmy Dean® Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick, Original, 12ct?
I don’t know about you, but Jimmy Dean® Meat Lovers Breakfast Bowl is a wonderful quick brunch idea.
The meatiest of breakfast bowls – bacon & sausage come together with eggs, potatoes, and cheese.
It is phenomenal to start your day or for those “breakfast for dinner” nights with 23g of protein per serving (check the packaging for full nutritional information).
When I am busy with deadlines and when I do not have time to cook for myself, I’ve had Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls made in front of me many times. We are totally recommending it.
All you have to do is follow simple instructions that you will find on the box. It is that easy.
By the way, I just love Jimmy Dean® Meat Lovers Breakfast Bowl. They are truly really flavorful!
Of course, my lovely boys are obsessed with Jimmy Dean® Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick— Which is Fun way to start the day, great for breakfast or a snack with 6g of protein per serving.
As well as Jimmy Dean® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant Sandwiches— Complete with savory sausage, fluffy eggs & melty cheese. It is absolutely perfect for breakfast or a snack with 13g of protein per serving.
Also, you can check the packaging for full nutritional information once you get it.
If you did not know, these products are available at Walmart’s everyday low prices in the food freezer section of the breakfast aisle. You cannot miss it.
Let me know what you guys think below in the comments and cheers to stress-free breakfasts!
Hey, if you get the Stress-Free Breakfasts with Jimmy Dean, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with the hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
Thank you so much in advance for all your support. Do not forget to connect on social media with me.
I love seeing your creativity and hearing your thoughts.
I love a good sandwich, especially these amazingly delicious and super easy Bacon Eggs and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches. It is a comforting breakfast or you may eat it for brunch. Well, we prep it many times even for dinner. Wouldn’t you agree that sometimes breakfast…
Smoked Salmon Goat Cheese Appetizers are perfect bites to serve over joyous holidays. However, in my humble opinion, these are divine perfection all year round. Sometimes, instead of these rather gourmet crackers, I would serve it with toasted bruschetta. It is just so fancy, yet…
Baked Sweet Potatoes are one of my favorite Autumn treats. It warms your heart and soul, and the pleasant aroma is just enchanting.
I did not grow up with sweet potatoes. The first time I tried sweet potatoes I was 18 or 19 years old.
That being mentioned, when I tried them I instantly fell in love with the taste, texture, and aroma.
It reminded me of these delightful winter squash that we had every fall season. It was not a pumpkin, but not a butternut squash either, somewhere in between.
I dearly savored it when I was a little girl. I could not wait until squash slices come out of the wood-burning oven. Mmhmm! It was all I wanted and more. The 80s were special in every possible way.
Nevertheless, my kids are not enormous fans of the sweet potatoes, but they would eat a spoon or two. Well, I heartily enjoyed them mostly by myself through the season and I am entirely fine with it.
Typically, I carefully wrap them with alum foil and roast a couple of them to last me a few days. However, since many do not like to use aluminum making them just like this is just fine as well.
I would recommend making them both ways; sweet and savory. As I said before, I make many of them for later.
I love adding a pat of butter in the hot sweet potato and drizzle with delicious maple syrup. I would rather have that over any dessert, plus it is quite healthy.
Sweet Potato Casserole is coming soon. I cannot wait to share my tasty recipes in two ways, and just before Thanksgiving!
Recipes you might like:
If you get inspired and make these delightful Baked Sweet Potatoes, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
An easy and tasty recipe for delicious Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 3-4 pounds organic sweet potatoes
- sea salt butter, a tablespoon of each potato
- dash of salt
- dash of ground black pepper
- a sprinkle of dried parsley
- A drizzle of olive oil
- sea salt butter
- Maple syrup or honey
- chopped nuts
1. Wash them.
The worst way to ruin a sweet potato casserole or stuffed sweet potatoes is with a gritty texture. Scrub the skins lightly before preparing. Pat dry after with kitchen paper towel or just regular kitchen towel.
2. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
Sweet potatoes tend to get a little juicy while baking, so lining the baking sheet first ensures easy cleanup. From time to time I forgot to do it or don't have any parchment paper on hand, but it is so much easier to clean up when you do have it.
3. Poke holes!
The pricking technique is always used when baking regular or sweet potatoes—it reduces the baking time and ensures the potatoes won't burst while baking. Poke the potato skin with a fork or knife in a few places before you bake it. We can't predict which potato might burst so this is always a wise idea.
4. Bake until tender.
How can you tell when they’re done? Stick a fork into the thickest part of the potato, if there’s no resistance it’s good to go.
- Preheat oven to 425º. On a baking sheet, prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork.
- Bake until tender, 50 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Let cool, then split the top open with a knife and top with a pat of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper dried parsley and serve. You may drizzle with olive oil just before serving.
- For the sweet option, add a pat of butter in each potato, then drizzle with maple syrup or honey, perhaps some chopped nuts or even chocolate and marshmallows.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- TeamFar Baking Sheet with Rack Set, Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet Baking Pans with Cooling Rack, Non Toxic & Healthy, Rust Free & Heavy Duty, Mirror Finish & Easy Clean, Dishwasher Safe - 6 Pieces
- Juvale Parchment Paper Sheets - 200-Count Precut Unbleached Parchment Paper for Baking, Half Sheet Pans, Non-Stick Baking Sheet Paper, Brown, 12 x 16 Inches
- AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet, Set of 2
This post is sponsored by RITZ Crackers. All opinions are entirely my own. No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter RITZ Bars are easy, tasty and fantastic to serve over the holiday season. I have made this type of no-bake bar many times. What I love about this…