Turmeric Egg Salad on a nest of Arugula or Rocket with seven seeds and multigrain bread. This tasty salad served with a delicious kumato slices, lightly seasoned with sea salt.
This was such a perfect lunch. If you never tried egg salad with tartar sauce, then you will love it, of course, if you actually like the taste of tartar.
It is definitely your classic egg salad, but very delicious indeed. You can eat it with pretty much any bread; pita bread, toast, on crackers, etc.
If you try this Turmeric Egg Salad recipe or any other recipes please tag me @sandraseasycooking on Instagram using hashtag #sandraseasycooking… and Happy Cooking!
Turmeric Egg Salad on a nest of Arugula or Rocket with seven seeds and multigrain bread.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs peeled
- 1/3 cup Tartar sauce
- 1 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Mustard
- 1/2 stalk of Celery minced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 2 tbsp. Green Onions chopped
- 2 diced Kosher Pickles, small "cocktail" pickles are the best.
- Arugula or any other greens on hand
- Any bread on hand, but lettuce wraps would work.
- 1/4 tsp. Salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Paprika or Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- Roughly chop hard-boiled eggs and transfer to a medium bowl. Mash slightly with a fork to break up the yolks.
- Add celery, pepper, kosher pickles and green onions, then add seasoning. Mix until evenly combined.
- Add Tartar sauce, mayonnaise, and mustard, then mix again.
- Slice bread in half lengthwise and divide egg salad between bottom bread halves. If the bread is already sliced than just add egg salad one side, top it with any greens, arugula, baby spinach, lettuce, spring mixed greens, etc.
- Refrigerate unused Egg salad.
I love adding unusual things to traditional meals, like egg salad. I know that tartar sauce and turmeric are not traditionally added to egg salads, but it works perfectly together. Also, turmeric gives this wonderful yellow color.
YOU DO NOT have to add it if you don't want to. As for mustard, if you like Dijon mustard or Whole grain mustard, please use what you like or have. I used Olive Oil Mayo and Yellow Mustard. That is what we use and like.
How to boil eggs:
- Place eggs in a saucepan. Cover them with cold water by 2-3 inches. Cover pan with a lid and bring water to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Boil for 6 to 7 minutes on medium-high heat for perfect boiled eggs.
- Turn off the burner, and take the boiling water out of the saucepan and replace it with cold water.
- I replace it a few times or add ice to help out. Allow the eggs to be the cold water for about 10 minutes.
- Crack each egg and drop in the cold water, then start peeling one by one.
- You can boil eggs a night before and keep them in the fridge. Eggs salad turned out the best when the eggs are cold.