Smoked Salmon Goat Cheese Appetizers are perfect bites to serve over joyous holidays. However, in my humble opinion, these are divine perfection all year round. Sometimes, instead of these rather gourmet crackers, I would serve it with toasted bruschetta. It is just so fancy, yet […]
Search Results: appetizer
Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better. If you like chicken salad or egg salad than you will love these […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Family Fare. All opinions are entirely my own.
I do not know about you, but I could live on these Potato and Beef Everything Bagel Croquettes. My family is completely and utterly obsessed with the exquisite taste of this delightful side dish.
Can you imagine how amazing this would be served over football season, and to even be the star food during potlucks? Perhaps the perfect food to share with your loved ones over the holidays. If you ask me, this is a perfect party food for any occasion.
I have always enjoyed croquettes, but with the addition of everything bagel seasoning, this classic French delicacy just got a facelift.
At this moment in time, these beauties are loved all over the world, and every country likely has their own version of croquettes. My Potato and Beef Everything Bagel Croquettes are just a bit different and I love it!
I partnered with Family Fare, a supermarket in the mid-west that is the “go-to” neighborhood grocery store that provides REAL VALUES, for real people, to create a recipe using Our Family products and showcase their Everything Bagel Seasoning. Which I am a huge fan of.
The Everything Bagel is a classic, known for its savory and complex blend of spices.
You can find Everything Bagel Seasoning and all the other ingredients at all of SpartanNash’s retail stores located in the Mid-West. With nearly 2,000 items located throughout the store, Our Family has something for everyone and every occasion.
Let’s get back to the seasoning. Our Family has taken the best part of the Everything Bagel and bottled it for you and your family!
Our Family’s Everything Bagel Seasoning Blend combinessesame seeds, sea salt, garlic, onion and poppy seeds to create the seasoningblend you never realized your breakfast, lunch, and dinner was missing.
The Family Everything Bagel Seasoning Blend pairs well with anything your heart, or stomach, desires – pizza, popcorn, eggs, chicken, toast, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, vegetables.
My family is obsessed with this seasoning, and I really believe that you will be as well. #OurFamilyEverythingSeasoning
If you make this recipe or any other from my blog please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking. Thanks in advance!
Simple and easy recipe for amazingly delicious Potato and Beef Everything Bagel Croquettes
- 1 box Our Family mashed potato, read the instruction on the box; Water, butter, salt, and milk
- 1 large egg, optional
- 1 tablespoon oil + for frying
- 1//2 pound ground beef, 20/80
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs, more if needed
- 2.5 oz Our Family Everything bagel seasoning
- Follow instruction on the back of the mashed potato box.
You would need 4-6 servings, depending on how many serving you are planning to
make. 2 patties are enough per person. You can make 15-16 equal-sized
- Heat a skillet with oil and sauté on the medium-high heat.
Cook until the meat is completely cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Keep stirring
and breaking the meat into small chunks. If you have any leftover grease,
please drain it out before mixing it with the mashed potatoes. You may add one
egg in the mixture, but it is not necessary.
- Wait for a few minutes until the meat is a bit cooled then
add to the mashed potato bowl. Using a wooden spoon or similar mix together
very well the mixture. Taste and see if it needs any more salt or pepper. If
the mixture is too warm to work with refrigerating for 20 minutes and then make
- Make patties between 2 oz to 3 oz. You may use the scale to
measure. Not necessary, but sometimes handy if you wish your croquettes to be
the same size. You may also make bite-size croquettes as shown on the pictures.
They are about the size of a golf ball.
- Make patties and place on the tray lined up with parchment
or wax paper. Cover with it as well and place the tray in the fridge for 30
minutes so the croquettes could chill. You may prep them overnight as well.
- After chilling, place three plates; flour, mixed eggs,
breadcrumbs with everything bagel seasoning.
- Drench into the flour on both sides as well as around, dip
in the egg mixture then into breadcrumbs mixed with everything bagel; set aside
and back on the tray. Continue until everything is complete.
- Now, you may place it back to the fridge if you do not plan
to fry these right away or just heat the oil and fry.
- Line paper towel on the plate or cookie rack.
- Heat about 1 cup of oil for frying.
- Never over crowed the frying skillet. Fry 3 or 4 croquettes
at the time at medium-high heat. Fry for a minute then flip and fry again until
you reach a deep golden color.
- Take out and set on the lined up kitchen paper towel.
You may make these meatless and use mushrooms or just
chives to create an amazing appetizer.
I tried these with egg and without it. I like it both ways. Adding one egg makes it somewhat more creamy on the inside. It is really not neccecery but you may use it if you would like to test it yourself.
These hold well in the lunch boxes for school or work.
Our Family Everything bagel seasoning contain sodium so please be aware of that before adding too much salt into your croquettes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Minerva Dairy. All opinions are entirely my own. If you want to churn your recipe up to the next level, I encourage you to use Minerva tasty butter to make my Caramelized Onion Tart. […]
I have been playing with some really easy recipes lately just like this tasty creamy spinach puff pastry. I don’t think that we need to spend hours in the kitchen unless it is Thanksgiving, of course. However, even then I do not cook all day. […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
When it comes to flavor, this tasty and incredibly flavorful Taco Style Cream Cheese Dip is the way to go; Especially for a Cinco de Mayo celebration.
Not only is it extremely delicious, but it’s super easy to make as well. All you need are a few amazing ingredients! Just top your dip with whatever you usually top your tacos with, and you are done.
For some of you that did not know, Cinco de Mayo is an annual celebration held on May 5th.
Special events and celebrations highlight Mexican culture, especially in regional dancing, including parades, music, and my personal favorite; food.
One thing you must do this Cinco de Mayo is eat Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips. They are very crispy and delicious restaurant-style chips.
I must add that they are tasty enough to eat right out of the bag, which we did, of course. Also, they only have four simple ingredients, including sea salt, and they’re certified gluten-free.
My family was impressed by the overall combination of my dip and Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips. They paired beautifully, and the chips were big enough to scoop the perfect bite of this taco style dip.
This is one of our favorite spreads for entertaining as well as a staple for our movie nights.
We have got to mention Mission® Street Tacos Corn Tortillas as well! They are not only amazing for Taco Tuesday, but for Cinco de Mayo too!
Warming these delicious tortillas give the most magnificent taste. You can find instructions on the back of the packaging.
They are soft, which makes them easy to use in a variety of dishes and they’re also perfect for snacks or appetizers for your family and friends.
As you can see, my friends, you don’t need much to make your spread colorful, beautiful, authentic and at the same time, tasty.
All you need are a few ingredients and a bit of effort to create a masterpiece that wows your family and friends. And of course, with the help of Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips, which makes this dip complete.
Also, make sure to check out this Mission promotion! What says Cinco more than breaking a piñata? From 04/01/19 until 05/05/19, you can enter and play the Mission Piñata Instant Win Game!
Take a swing at the Mission piñata and see if you have what it takes to break it.
The best part? If you break it, you win a prize! Play every day for more chances to win click here.
When it comes to flavor this tasty and incredibly flavorful Taco Style Cream Cheese Dip is the way to go.
Not only that it is extremely delicious, but easy as well. All you need a couple of amazing ingredients, top it with whatever you usually top your tacos and you are done.
- Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips, 9 oz
- 2 sticks of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pouch taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups assorted tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4-1/2 jalapeño, optional
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- In a bowl, add softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mild taco seasoning. Using electric mixture, if possible, combine all the ingredients together until it is smooth in texture.
- Transfer the mixture to the serving dish and add all desirable toppings, preferably fresh.
- I used toppings that we usually add to our tacos, so it made perfect sense to add lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeño and black olives and serve it with our favorite restaurant-style Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips.
- Keep the dip cold before serving.
- Refrigerate dip if you are not going to serve it right away.
- For the best taste, use whole milk dairy products.
- Use fresh ingredients for the toppings, as they are preferably the best to make this dip colorful and at the same time, beautiful and tasty.
- You may make your own taco seasoning.
- Add more Sour cream if needed
- Fast way to bring cream cheese to room temperature: Take the cheese block out of the paper carton package, then unopened cheese, place in the warm, almost hot water for about 5 minutes.
Bagel Holiday Party Charcuterie Board charcuterie board most frequently consists of a variety of meats, dry, smoked or canned fish, gourmet cheeses, condiments, pickled products and often fruit or nuts. It is exceptionally effortless to prepare a charcuterie, and you can truly use whatever your […]
These super easy and delicious Piglets in a Blanket are a staple in my house appetizers or hors d’oeuvre, especially during parties. Well, I must say that piglets in a blanket are one of my kids’ favorites quick after-school snacks. However, over the years I […]
I call this Avocado Toast with Spicy Chickpeas a perfect Avo Toast. They are so popular these days and extremely versatile. I just love them as well as my kids.
You can make them vegetarian or vegan, or add bacon, chicken, eggs, etc. I also love using different types of bread for my avocado toast. It all depends on what I got in my kitchen or what I crave at that moment.
I have made it before with some everything bagel chickpeas, smoked salmon as well as avo-prosciutto toast. One of the most versatile foods, right?!
What is your favorite AVO TOAST? Please do share it with me in the comments. I would love to hear.
The firstÂ timeÂ IÂ triedÂ avocado was 10Â yearsÂ ago. I almost puked when I tasted this marvelous fruit. Then about 5 or 6Â yearsÂ agoÂ IÂ fell madly in love with avocados.
IÂ do not knowÂ what clicked the second time, but all of a suddenÂ IÂ actually loved theÂ taste. Maybe a pinch of salt and a generous squeeze of lemon juice.
The same goes for Peanut butter.Â I hated PB so much, the taste was just awful to me, but now I can eat it with a spoon.
To stay on the topic, we eat a lot of avocados in my house. Besides dips and salads, this is how we eat it most of the time especially if they are overripe
If you make my amazing Avocado Toast with Spicy Chickpeas recipe, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
I would love to see your creations or how you make your own avo toast.
Recipes you might like:
Simple, healthy, and easy brunch idea.
- 8 Toast/Bread Slices
- 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter Ghee or Vegan Butter could be used
- 2 Ripe Avocado mashed
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Spicy Seasoning I used Kick’n Chicken by Weber
- 2 teaspoon Lemon juice Or Lime
- 1 can Organic Chickpeas You can cook them yourself as well
- 1 teaspoon unsalted Butter Vegan butter, Coconut oil/butter or Ghee could be used
- 1/2 tspÂ Organic Tumeric
- 1/2 tsp. Spicy Seasoning I used Kick’ n Chicken by Weber
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Lemon or Lime Juice
- Chopped Parsley
- Heat a skillet or a frying pan with a bit of butter, then add slices of toast or any bread that you wish to use and toast for a minute or two on both sides until you reach the right (golden) color.
- Scoop avocado and mash it, add salt, pepper, seasoning and a generous squeeze of lemon or lime juice. Mix it well and set aside. You may also add garlic if you wish for more garlic taste.
- Heat a skillet or saute/frying pan and add butter. Drain chickpeas (reserve chickpeas water or vegan whipped cream). Now add chickpeas to the skillet and add seasonings and lemon or lime juice. Allow it to cook for about 3-5 minutes, mixing it frequentlyÂ until you reach your desired taste of crunchiness. If you like it softer, stir fry it less, but leave it for up to 5 minutes to really get toasty chickpeas at a medium-high temperature to reach that slight outside crunch and softer inside. I like it that way, but you may cook it more or less. Also, use seasoning to please your own taste. I use more spicy seasoning because I like it, but use just a dash if you do not like it as much.
- Now, spread mashed avocado over the toasted bread, add a spoonful or more of spicy chickpeas and garnish it with a bit of chopped parsley.
You may use your own seasoning blend: Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, chili flakes, thyme, parsley, cayenne pepper, etc. Whatever blend suitsÂ you as long as it got a bit of heat to it!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cauliflower Ranch-Parmesan Baked Bites is amazingly delicious, easy and so versatile. You can pretty much use any flavor that you want or desire. After testing several different coatings or flavors, my family liked this one the best. To be honest, I do not know why […]