I have been playing with some really easy recipes lately just like this tasty creamy spinach puff pastry. I don’t think that we need to spend hours in the kitchen unless it is Thanksgiving, of course. However, even then I do not cook all day. […]
I dare to say that Zesty Rosemary Lime Chicken Wings are absolutely mouthwatering especially made in the Air Fryer. I mean, you do not have to be a chef or even a good cook to make these. So simple, yet packed with flavor. We just […]
Lemon, garlic, and butter are just meant to be part of the shrimp meals. This is our favorite shrimp recipe, plus I totally toss these with creamy pasta. HEAVENLY! These shrimps are fantastic with cauliflower rice, zoodles (zucchini noodles), spaghetti squash or over bowl greens. If none of those is a good option for you, then take a loaf of Italian or French bread and dip and eat. I tell you it is so delicious.
So good! I might or might not have done that in the past. The aroma and flavor of these are seriously the best. This is such an easy and amazingly delicious recipe that you must make.
I made this often when I have a date with my husband and I don’t want to go out, or when I have a movie night with my girlfriends. The best memories are made over a meal!
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
Lemon, garlic, and butter are just meant to be part of the shrimp meals. Delicious and flavorful shrimps in 20 minutes.
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2-2 pounds Shrimp with a tail peeled and deveined
- Sea salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste (A good pinch of both)
- 3-5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice use ripe Lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Organic Tumeric Powder optional, read notes
- Zest of one Lemon
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Clean, peel and devein shrimp then pat dry with a kitchen paper towel.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a skillet or saute pan over medium heat.
- To the butter add cleaned, shrimp and season the shrimp with sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Cook about two minutes on each side, the shrimp is cooked when it turns completely pink, make sure to stir; Remove from the pan and set aside on a platter or a plate.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter in the skillet, then add the garlic and cook for about one minute.
- Add lemon juice, and turmeric powder. Cook, while slightly moving the skillet or just stir the butter, garlic, lemon juice, and turmeric together. Cook it for a couple of minutes on medium-high temperature, continuously stirring.
- Return the shrimp back to the skillet and stir to coat the shrimp with butter mixture and cook for additional minute or so. Add lemon zest and stir again. This is just to combine all the flavors and allow the shrimp to soak in the lemony flavor.
- Take off heat. Taste test, and add more salt or lemon juice to please your taste buds.
- Garnish with parsley if you desire. The best served over pasta.
I add turmeric powder for the color, plus it got amazing health benefits. It is optional!!! If the shrimp are precooked and frozen, thaw it completely. Submerge the shrimp under cold water and let it sit until defrosted for about 10-15 minutes. Then take a kitchen paper towels and make sure to dry the shrimp completely before cooking it. It is precooked so you don't need as much time to cook on each side.
These delicious appetizers are a staple in my house during parties for many, many years. One of the kids’ favorites quick snacks. I brought them to school, I send them to my husbands work, I served them during birthday parties and Superbowl as well. […]
I call this a perfect Avo Toast! Avocado toast is so popular these days and so versatile. I just love them as well as my kids. You can make them vegetarian or vegan, or add bacon, chicken, eggs, etc. I also love using different types […]
Simple, delicious and perfect for a game day! Don’t you just love nachos? If I am being honest, I could seriously eat this whole tray of nachos. I love them as much a much family.
This time I tried something different or new and kids seems to love it, so when I told them “it’s meatless”, they could not believe it! It was really tasty.
Pizza and nachos are stable on Sunday when we watch football, and I wouldn’t change it for anything. With that being said, sometimes I serve chicken wings or sliders as well. Of course, regarding this recipe, you can totally double this.
Please read notes for other ideas and tips. Happy Cooking!
MEATLESS CHILI NACHOS
Delicious, easy and perfect for entertaining; MEATLESS CHILI NACHOS
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Pk Veggie Sausage
- 1 can Chili Beans Vegetarian
- 8 oz Salsa
- 1 bag Corn Chips Preferably Multigrain
- 10 oz Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend or Cheese Sauce
- 1/4-1/2 Red Onion
- 2-3 Scallions
- 1-2 Tomato
- Parsley or Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- In a skillet add about 1 tbsp Olive Oil, then add Veggie sausage. Saute for a couple of minutes on medium heat. Break into small pieces using a fork. Press and break, continue sauteeing until it is heated through and cooked, 3-4 minutes.
- To the veggie sausage, add can of chili beans and salsa, stir well and coat the veggie sausage. Take off the heat.
- Add tortilla/corn chips on the baking sheet, about half the bag, then scoop veggie sausage mixture (half of the mixture) and add on the chips. Add cheese and bake for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and bubbly. You can use nacho cheese sauce**
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and add another layer of veggie sausage mixture, then top it with remaining cheese. Bake for a couple of minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Chop and dice onion, scallions, tomato and parsley or cilantro.
- Add the topping on the nachos and serve with more salsa and sour cream on the side.
- Serve Immediately!
You can do this ahead and put together when it time to entertain. If you do not want this meatless, use ground beef or turkey and add chili beans of your choice. IF you are using ground beef, make sure to drain any excess oil before adding beans and salsa. For vegan cheese, you may try “GO VEGGIE” Vegan products are dairy and lactose-free and do not contain casein, eggs, or gluten. If you don’t want to use chili beans, well, you can use black beans or any that you like or have on hand.
Do you have a napkin near you? No! Go get one, because these wings are going to make your mouth water. Here I am with one more batch of chicken wings. I LOVEEE chicken wings! Who wouldn’t, right? They’re so addictive and so delicious, and […]
Easy Pan-Fried Tofu is such quick tasty bites that you must make. So, in my opinion, you either like tofu or you do not. Yes, that would be my explanation. It looks like cheese, but it tastes nothing like cheese. It doesn’t have any flavor whatsoever. […]
There is nothing more precious to me than spending a little time in the kitchen with my children. I cook with them at least once a week. The kitchen gets messy; you can find eggshells and flour everywhere, and the worse is when the dough or batter (in the case of a cake) gets all over the floor tiles. They grow so fast, that every little moment count, and I want to capture it… So I don’t care if for that hour we go crazy, and mess the kitchen up, at least we made happy memories. On the other note, cleaning is very good exercise.
My daughter, Anna, surprises us often with her delicious cupcakes from scratch, by the way. Aleks makes for us his beautiful breakfast creations, simple, but delicious, and my youngest, Daniel, still can’t work independently completely, he wishes he could, but I try to help him out. We talk, laugh and I answer a million questions that he has. It seems that he always has a question about something. I suppose that’s how most of 8 or 9-year-olds act; curiosity, and strive to learn more about, well, everything.
These mini-biscuit pizzas are so easy. I mean, Daniel makes it all the time. He just adds toppings that he likes, like cheese, ham and from time to time pepperoni or breakfast sausages/links. With whole honesty, they are so versatile like any other pizza and toppings are of course, endless.
What kind of biscuits can you use?
You can make your own if you are up for it. Personally, I buy biscuits so I could throw them in the oven for a quick breakfast or even for simple sandwiches. Needless to say, they are convenient.
Also, I like better the small ones with less butter, but you can use any type that you prefer and like. Buttermilk biscuits work well for me.
I made a quick video tutorial on YouTube, so if you are up for it, please watch, and subscribe and like, if you enjoyed it.
- No, you cannot make these in the microwave.
- Yes, you can make it in the conventional/toaster oven. Be careful, so they don’t burn. Test and see how long it will take for you to make them.
- You can add any topping that you like.
- If you have frozen biscuits, just defrost them by leaving overnight in the fridge.
- VIDEO recipe: HERE or watch the post if you are able to open up on your device.
Now, let me show you just how easy these are.
Mini Biscuit Pizzas
- 1 can Buttermilk biscuits 10ct., use more if you wish
- 1/2 cup Pizza sauce -marinara sauce meat sauce, etc., works well.
- 1/2 tsp. Italian herb mix pinch on each mini pizza
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese or Italian Pizza Cheese Mix
- Ham black forest ham /Italian sauteed sausages, meatballs, pepperoni would work too.
- Black olives sliced
- Green pepper
- More cheese
- Dry basil
- Dry red crushed peppers
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease baking pan, or use parchment paper.
- Press each biscuit and stretch. Place flat biscuits on a baking pan.
- Slice, chop, dice all the toppings that you will use on your pizza. If it is cheese pizza, please skip this part.
- Spread a little of pizza sauce on each biscuit, and then sprinkle a pinch of Italian herb mix on each biscuit. This gives a sauce even better flavor and aroma.
- Add cheese and the rest of the toppings that you are using. Add just a bit more cheese and top it with sprinkles of dry basil on each mini pizza. It is optional, you can use an Italian herb mix or vice versa.
- Bake at 400F (200C) for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven.
- Before serving, you can add a dash of crushed red chili pepper on each pizza.
As I promised, I am sharing one of my favorite phyllo dough pastries, Potato Pie. Technically, it is potato phyllo pastry, but we call it either potato burek or potato pie. If you ask me to pick between meat burek and potato one, I would probably go […]