Spicy Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
Do you have a napkin near you? No! Go get one, because these wings are going to make your mouth water. Here I am with one more batch of chicken wings. I LOVEEE chicken wings!
Who wouldn’t, right? They’re so addictive and so delicious, and most of all very easy to prepare. I don’t know many people who would turn their head away from the chicken wings, at least not in my circle. Usually, I serve them with some crunchy fresh vegetables, such as carrots, celery, mixed greens, freshly baked rolls, and sometimes baked fries. Of course, I can’t forget Ranch dressing and extra hot bbq sauce.
Game night or not, these wings are a winner in my book even on the midweek side with potatoes and salad.
A couple of years ago, I posted a recipe for my chicken wings with Sriracha sauce, and everyone is in love with them. I got pretty amazing reviews too, but these are equally “lick-your-fingers” DELICIOUS!!!
Now, you can double the recipe if you wish, and it is recommended especially if you have eaters with a larger appetite.
NOTE – Keep raw meat, poultry, seafood, and eggs separate from all other foods at the grocery store and in the refrigerator.
- Chill: Enjoy your leftovers! Refrigerate them at 40ºF or below within two hours.
- Clean: Wash surfaces and utensils after each use. Wash fruits and veggies before preparing food, even if you plan to peel them.
- Separate: To prevent cross-contamination, always use separate cutting boards and plates for produce and for raw meat, poultry, seafood, and eggs.
- Cook: Always use a food thermometer to ensure cooked food reaches a safe internal temperature. (165ºF for poultry – 145ºF for fish, pork, beef, veal, and lamb – 160ºF for ground beef, pork, veal, and lamb).
Spicy Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
- 3-4 pounds Whole chicken wings separate into sections
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink salt or any on hand
- 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley *optional
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose Flour gluten-free for those that are sensitive
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce any of your choice
- 1/4 cup Hot sauce OR MORE
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C
- In a large bowl, place chicken wings. Separate chicken drumette from the flat and the tip. Usually, I freeze chicken tips for soups. You do not have to separate them, but it bakes much faster.
- Mix all the ingredients for the rub. Add half to the chicken and mix it until chicken wings are coated, then add the other half and mix again. This way you will know that all the chicken parts are well coated.
- Place chicken on the baking sheet in one single layer (you may line the baking pan/sheet with parchment paper or you can use baking wire ton top of the baking pan to bake chicken wings).
- Bake chicken for 15 minutes, then turn each chicken wing on the other side and bake for another 15 minutes. Flip again, and turn the broiler on and bake under a broiler for 5-7 minutes that is for extra crunchy chicken wings. Please monitor it so the wings don't burn. Some ovens take shorter time like 2-3 minutes and some longer, so watch on them by opening the oven and checking until you reach desirable crunchiness.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce together.
- After the chicken wings are finished baking, brush the sauce on both sides, then you may pour the rest over it and use as a little or as much as you wish. The wings need to be completely drenched in sauce. Serve immediately!