Simple, delicious and perfect for a game day! Don’t you just love nachos? If I am being honest, I could seriously eat this whole tray of nachos. I love them as much a much family.
This time I tried something different or new and kids seems to love it, so when I told them “it’s meatless”, they could not believe it! It was really tasty.
Pizza and nachos are stable on Sunday when we watch football, and I wouldn’t change it for anything. With that being said, sometimes I serve chicken wings or sliders as well. Of course, regarding this recipe, you can totally double this.
Please read notes for other ideas and tips. Happy Cooking!
MEATLESS CHILI NACHOS
Delicious, easy and perfect for entertaining; MEATLESS CHILI NACHOS
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Pk Veggie Sausage
- 1 can Chili Beans Vegetarian
- 8 oz Salsa
- 1 bag Corn Chips Preferably Multigrain
- 10 oz Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend or Cheese Sauce
- 1/4-1/2 Red Onion
- 2-3 Scallions
- 1-2 Tomato
- Parsley or Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- In a skillet add about 1 tbsp Olive Oil, then add Veggie sausage. Saute for a couple of minutes on medium heat. Break into small pieces using a fork. Press and break, continue sauteeing until it is heated through and cooked, 3-4 minutes.
- To the veggie sausage, add can of chili beans and salsa, stir well and coat the veggie sausage. Take off the heat.
- Add tortilla/corn chips on the baking sheet, about half the bag, then scoop veggie sausage mixture (half of the mixture) and add on the chips. Add cheese and bake for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and bubbly. You can use nacho cheese sauce**
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and add another layer of veggie sausage mixture, then top it with remaining cheese. Bake for a couple of minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Chop and dice onion, scallions, tomato and parsley or cilantro.
- Add the topping on the nachos and serve with more salsa and sour cream on the side.
- Serve Immediately!
You can do this ahead and put together when it time to entertain. If you do not want this meatless, use ground beef or turkey and add chili beans of your choice. IF you are using ground beef, make sure to drain any excess oil before adding beans and salsa. For vegan cheese, you may try “GO VEGGIE” Vegan products are dairy and lactose-free and do not contain casein, eggs, or gluten. If you don’t want to use chili beans, well, you can use black beans or any that you like or have on hand.