Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner so I put together a round-up of recipes. They all amazing, easy and delicious. I do not about you, but in my house, we love Mexican cuisine. I make it at least once a week. Spicy or […]
Tag: MEXICAN CUISINE
I love Mexican cuisine as much as Tex-Mex food. I mean, who would say no, right?! A bit of Texas with a bit of Mexico and you get an amazing combo bursting with flavor. These beef taco bowls are just incredibly tasty. You can make […]
Meatless Chili Nachos are simple, delicious and perfect for a game day. Don’t you just love nachos?
If I am being honest, I could seriously eat this whole tray of nachos. I love them as much a much family.
It’s just so comforting and delicious. We just adore finger foods.
This time I tried something different or new, and my kids seems to love it.
When I told them “that chili nachos was meatless”, they could not believe it. It was really tasty.
To be honest, I was impressed myself, although I do not need much to get impressed. I am a simple gal.
Pizza, nachos, finger foods, charcuterie and cheese boards are stable on Sunday when we watch football.
I would not change that for anything. With that being said, sometimes I serve chicken wings or sliders as well.
Regarding this recipe, you can totally double this. Yes, you can!
Well, I totally did, of course. I always have to double recipes because my family do not use serving sizes. They stop when they are full. I rarely have any leftovers, even on Thanksgiving.
On the other hand, I am the one who reads labels all the time. I know, that’s a flaw of being chubby as a kid and now a food blogger.
Anyhow, if you try making this one, I have a feeling that you will like it. It is really refreshing especially if you have vegetarian family member or a friends coming over.
If you get inspired by this recipe, and make my Meatless Chili Nachos, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraeasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance for all your support.
Please read notes for other ideas and tips. I wish you a very Happy Cooking!
Simple, delicious and perfect for a game day! Don’t you just love nachos? If I am being honest, I could seriously eat this whole tray of nachos. I love them as much a much family.
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 pack Veggie based Sausage
- 1 can Chili Beans, Vegetarian
- 8 oz Salsa
- 1 bag Corn Chips Preferably Multigrain
- 10 oz Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend or Cheese Sauce
- 1/4-1/2 Red Onion
- 2-3 Scallions
- 1-2 Tomato
- Parsley or Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- In a skillet add about 1 tbsp Olive Oil, then add Veggie sausage. Saute for a couple of minutes on medium heat. Break into small pieces using a fork. Press and break, continue sauteeing until it is heated through and cooked, 3-4 minutes.
- To the veggie sausage, add can of chili beans and salsa, stir well and coat the veggie sausage. Take off the heat.
- Add tortilla/corn chips on the baking sheet, about half the bag, then scoop veggie sausage mixture (half of the mixture) and add on the chips.
- Add cheese and bake for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and bubbly. You can use nacho cheese sauce**
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and add another layer of veggie sausage mixture, then top it with remaining cheese. Bake for a couple of minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Chop and dice onion, scallions, tomato and parsley or cilantro.
- Add the topping on the nachos and serve with more salsa and sour cream on the side.
- You can do this ahead and put together when it time to entertain. If you do not want this meatless, use ground beef or turkey and add chili beans of your choice.
- IF you are using ground beef, make sure to drain any excess oil before adding beans and salsa. For vegan cheese, you may try “GO VEGGIE” Vegan products are dairy and lactose-free and do not contain casein, eggs, or gluten.
- If you don’t want to use chili beans, well, you can use black beans or any that you like or have on hand.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- TeamFar Baking Sheet with Rack Set, Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet Baking Pans with Cooling Rack, Non Toxic & Healthy, Rust Free & Heavy Duty, Mirror Finish & Easy Clean, Dishwasher Safe - 6 Pieces
- Unique Bamboo Cheese Board, Charcuterie Platter & Serving Tray for Wine, Crackers, Brie and Meat. Large & Thick Wooden Server - Fancy House Warming Gift & Perfect Choice for Gourmets (Bamboo)
Beans, Beef and Rice Burritos are mind blowing amazing or I should totally call this “triple threat burritos”. They were so amazingly yummy and satisfying, and beyond delicious… Oh, I have said that already. Tap here for more Mexican Inspired recipes I cannot even tell […]