- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Butter
- Oil for coating the pan
Sauce per 3-4 crepes:
- 1 tbsp Coconut Butter
- 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar light
Make the batter:
- Place the flour, milk, eggs, salt, sugar, and slightly melted coconut butter in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until the batter is smooth. Alternatively, whisk everything together in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Before cooking the crepes, assemble everything you will need on your stovetop: the batter, the pan, the oil, the spatula. Ladle or 1/4-cup measuring cup handy.
- Place the pan over medium heat and add a small amount of oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Let it sit on the flame for a minute to get hot. Pour in about 1/4 cup of batter. Immediately, lift the pan and swirl it to coax the batter into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Flip the crepe: When the crepe has browned slightly on the bottom, carefully work a spatula underneath it and flip. Cook the second side briefly, just to set the batter.
Cool the crepe: Tilt the pan and loosen the crepe, then slide it onto the cooling rack.
Continue making crepes: Continue making crepes with the rest of the batter, adding more oil as needed to keep the crepes from sticking.
- In a separate pan such as saute pan, add Coconut butter, Cocoa, and Brown Sugar. Let it melt and incorporate at a lower temperature, then fold crepes into triangles and put a few at the time in the bubbly sugar, Cocoa, and coconut butter sauce.
- Allow crepes to get infused and glazed with the sauce. Take out and place on the plate, continue with the rest of the crepes.
- Add more sugar, Coconut Butter, and Cocoa if needed until all the crepes are done.
How to melt coconut oil or butter:
- Place a Jar in warmer water and wait for about 7-10 minutes until it is melted.
For this recipe, you may use coconut oil as well.
- I just had coconut butter and used it for this recipe.
- Using coconut butter gave me more of a coconut caramel flavor.