If you told me a couple of years ago that I will make Homemade Classic Marshmallow, I would not believe you. I always thought I was not talented enough or patient enough to make my own. With that being said, I was not aware of […]
This post is sponsored by RITZ Crackers. All opinions are entirely my own. No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter RITZ Bars are easy, tasty and fantastic to serve over the holiday season. I have made this type of no-bake bar many times. What I love about this […]
You either love matcha or despise it. I love matcha, aka green tea powder. One of my favorite ice creams is Matcha Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate.
We all know green tea powder is very healthy. It gives us energy without the anxiety, crash or jitters. Make us all younger as well as calms the mind and relaxes the body.
Not to mention that green tea powder is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. I mean it is a powder house, so I do not have to add all the other matcha benefits.
When I made this ice cream, I had in mind healthy summer treat as well as matcha and chocolates caving satisfaction.
My family was blown away with the pleasant taste of this homemade ice cream, especially my husband who is a matcha enthusiast as much as I am.
I love the cross between mild sweetness and a slight bitterness from both matcha and dark chocolate.
Before glorious summer is over I genuinely wanted to share one more delightful ice cream. It is very simple, and all the ingredients accessible.
I use keto-friendly sweetener which is a sugar alternative if you are following a low-carb lifestyle. We were supplementing three types of sweeteners for the last year or so;
If you make Matcha Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate recipe or any other from my blog please tag me. Instagram: @sandraseasycooking using hashtags #sandraseasycooking. Thank you in advance!
Simple and easy green tea (matcha) ice cream. It is very delicious and perfect ice cream for hot summer days.
- 3 cups heavy whipped cream (700 g)
- 1 cups half & half (230 g)
- 2 tbsp matcha, green tea powder (12 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I used keto-friendly sweetener) (200 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (or chips), you may use chocolate shreds as well (175 g)
- Dash of Matcha Powder
- Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping
- Freeze the ice cream container for at least one hour.
- Heat 1 cup of half & half with 2 tablespoons of green tea powder and sugar. Stir and simmer until everything is dissolved.
Use a fine strainer and drain matcha and sugar milk in the bowl. This is just in case if there are any leftover matcha lumps.
- Now to that add whipped cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Place the mixture to the fridge for about 30 minutes to up to one hour. The ice cream mixture should be cold before transferring it to the ice cream machine container.
- After the mixture is cold enough, mix it well and transfer to a frozen ice-cream machine container.
- Follow instructions of your ice cream maker; mine is an old fashioned ice cream maker so I use ice and ice cream salt.
- Allow it to churn for 30 minutes, turn off the machine, then stir in chocolate chunks, shaved chocolate or chocolate chips.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer-safe container with a lid and freeze for a couple of hours before serving.
You may add any chocolate you prefer. Sometimes I use dark and sometimes milk chocolate.
I added additional time for freezing the container and ice cream before it gets completely done. Technically you would need about 40 minutes to finish it, but freezing the container is important to step to start your ice cream, chilling ingredients as well as freezing finished product.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Vollrath (47140) 4 oz. Stainless Steel Disher
- StarPack Long Scoop Ice Cream Freezer Storage Container - for Home Made Ice Cream, Freezer Containers, Meal Prep, Soup and Food Storage
- Matcha Green Tea Powder - Superior Culinary - USDA Organic From Japan -Natural Energy & Focus Booster Packed With Antioxidants. (Starter Bag - 30g (1.05oz))
- BAMBOOWORX Japanese Tea Set, Matcha Whisk (Chasen), Traditional Scoop (Chashaku), Tea Spoon, The Perfect Set to Prepare a Traditional Cup of Matcha.
- Nostalgia ICMP400WD Electric Wood Bucket Ice Cream Maker, 4-Quart
Strawberry Jello Summer Salad is undoubtedly an easy, fabulous and tasty recipe. We enjoy nothing but this incredibly simple and classic dessert all summer long. I heard that every good Southern lady should know how to properly make delicious jello salad. Well, I must say, […]
Are you a fan of Carrot Cake? I enjoy carrot cake, but I am not the biggest fan mainly because most of the carrot cakes contain a thick layer of frosting, and I don’t like frosting so I started making my own. To be honest nobody […]
My family’s favorite treat;Â Crepes.Â Sweet or savory, these hitÂ the spot everyÂ singleÂ time.Â We simplyÂ loveÂ them.
This time IÂ changedÂ thingsÂ up a bit and added crepes in the deliciousÂ sauce.Â It was really satisfying and perfectly coated with sweet cocoa coconut flavors
IÂ know it does not make any sense to you, but about 6 years agoÂ IÂ was hired to create or developÂ recipesÂ for a cookbook and shoot eachÂ recipe.
AfterÂ IÂ completed about 30Â recipesÂ with two pictures andÂ stepÂ byÂ stepÂ instructions for eachÂ recipe, that clients said that he simply did not like it.Â IÂ was literally crushed.Â So,Â IÂ had toÂ doÂ everything all over again with newÂ recipesÂ and pictures as well.
IÂ am aÂ hardÂ worker, and as much asÂ IÂ hated the idea of redoing everything, there was no way out. One of the pictures that the client didn’t like was this one, including the recipe.Â I waited to gain self-confidence again, so I am posting on my blog now, without being upset.
Actually, I reallyÂ loved this recipe, and crepes are amazing, of course.Â IÂ couldÂ eatÂ them on its own, to be honest.Â With that being said, IÂ just wanted to share something personal.Â
SometimesÂ weÂ feelÂ vulnerable and that’s okay,Â weÂ are humans. ThoseÂ feelsÂ areÂ arightÂ toÂ feelÂ from time to time.Â WeÂ canÂ keepÂ itÂ to ourselves or shareÂ itÂ with the world, a friend, or aÂ siblingÂ and perhaps someone will relate to us, in one way or another.
IÂ neverÂ spokeÂ of that situation before, becauseÂ IÂ feltÂ afraidÂ toÂ openÂ my heart andÂ speakÂ aboutÂ it.
Have you ever closed up, felt defeated, crushed and didn’t talk about it?
Crepes with Sweet Cocoa, Coconut Sauce
Crepes with Sweet Cocoa, Coconut Sauce… It was really satisfying and perfectly coated with sweet cocoa coconut flavors
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 teaspoon CoconutÂ Butter
- Oil for coating the pan
Sauce per 3-4 crepes:
- 1 tbsp Coconut Butter
- 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar light
Make the batter:
- Place the flour, milk, eggs, salt, sugar and slightly melted coconut butter in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until batter is smooth. Alternatively, whisk everything together in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
Before cooking the crepes, assemble everything you will need by your stove top: the batter, the pan, the oil, the spatula. Ladle or 1/4-cup measuring cup handy.
- Place the pan over medium heat and add a small amount of oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Let it sit on the flame for a minute to get hot. Pour in about 1/4 cup of batter. Immediately, pick up the pan and swirl it to coax the batter into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
Flip the crepe:
- When the crÃªpe has browned slightly on the bottom, carefully work a spatula underneath it and flip. Cook the second side briefly, just to set the batter.
Cool the crepe: Tilt the pan and loosen the crepe, then slide it onto the cooling rack.
Continue making crepes: Continue making crepes with the rest of the batter, adding more oil as needed to keep the crepes from sticking.
In the separate pan such as saute pan, add Coconut butter, Cocoa, and Brown Sugar. Let it melt and incorporate at a lower temperature, then fold crepes into triangles and put a few at the time in the bubbly sugar, cocoa, and coconut butter sauce.
Allow crepes to get infused and glazed with the sauce. Take out and place on the plate, continue with the rest of crepes.
Add more sugar, Coconut butter, and Cocoa if needed until all the crepes are done.
How to melt coconut oil or butter:
- Place a Jar in warmer water and wait for about 7-10 minutes until it is melted.
- For this recipe, you may use coconut oil as well. I just had coconut butter and used it for this recipe. Using coconut butter gave me more of a coconut caramel flavor.
Products from Amazon.com
Peach Tart with Lemon Thyme is such an amazingly delicious and at the same time beautiful tart. Baking and Cooking, the hands-down are the most relaxing things to do on my list. Both being extremely therapeutic, of course, just like reading a good book or […]
Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Cream are amazingly delicious. They are even sweeter when made in the company of your kid.
When we have breaks from school we love cooking together, making friendly cooking competitions and creating memories.
These cupcakes look absolutely delightful. Don’t you agree with me?
You have to know your child’s limits, so don’t let them cook by themselves if you are not comfortable.
However, since my two oldest kids are trained properly, how to move around the kitchen I am not worried, but I do check to see if everything is alright.
These cupcakes were a winner. My baby girl, Anna, didn’t let me share this recipe until she made it at least several times.
To be quite frank with you, the first time when I tasted these cupcakes I thought they were from the box.
They had this cooking competition and I was so sure that she used the boxed mix to win over her brother.
I kept telling her that I do not believe her until my oldest one came out and said: “Yes, mama I lost for a reason. They are from scratch!”
He made the most amazing donuts from scratch, but cupcakes were just better.
With mouth half open and full of cupcakes, I was amazed. Well, I have to admit that I can make pretty much anything that you desire.
However, when it comes to cakes I need a lot of practice. I think my girl has natural talent. Period!
Do you allow your kids to cook or help you in the kitchen?
If they do not, I think you should. Not only that you guys create memories, but it’s a fun experience.
In addition, it gives them that sense of accomplishment so they feel proud of themselves as well as a healthy relationship with food.
Mine has more than 5 really good dishes in their repertoire that they can make blindfolded.
My oldest one goes a little bit beyond and starts to style each plate like a real chef, where my girl is all comfort. You know “put on the plate and just eat”.
Ohh! If you are wondering about my youngest one, Daniel…well he is the boss, so he usually supervises the whole situation in the kitchen when they are cooking. Hehe
Anyhow, if you make these tasty Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Cream, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking, using hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could re-share your creations. Thank you so much in advance!
Simple, Tasty and Easy Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp. organic Coconut oil room temp.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk any on hand
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme OR make your own (recipe below in the notes)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place Baking Cups in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix 4 tbsp coconut oil, then add the sugar, beat well. Beat for a few minutes. Mix in the vanilla and eggs until blended.
- Add your wet ingredients (coconut oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla) to your dry ingredients (cocoa powder mixture). Make sure you add the wet ingredients a little at a time.
- Add approximately 3/4 cup of milk mix/fold to combine.
- Divide batter among your muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling racks and cool completely.
- Fill Cupcakes with marshmallows cream. Fit decorating bag with large star tip. Fill the bag with the filling of your choice. Pipe on the circular top of each cupcake and mounding filling slightly in center. You may also use heavy whipped cream especially if you dislike marshmallows.
- Garnish each cupcake with chocolate organic peanut butter or any frosting that you like. Store in the refrigerator.
How to make Marshmallow Cream:
- ¼ cup of water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine together the sugar, corn syrup, water and salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 240F on a candy thermometer.
- While the sugar mixture is slowly boiling, add the egg whites and cream of tartar to the bowl and mix with a whisk attachment. of your electric mixer. Whip on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- The egg whites should be ready and waiting when the sugar mixture reaches 240 degrees F. If the egg whites reach soft peaks before the sugar mixture reaches its temperature, turn off the mixer.
- When the sugar mixture reaches about 240 F, turn the mixer speed to low and very slowly drizzle the syrup down the side of the mixer bowl. Once you added all of the syrup, increase the speed to medium-high and beat until stiff, glossy peaks form and the mixture has cooled substantially about 6-8 minutes. Add the vanilla extract during the last few minutes of beating.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love having sweet anything every day, in moderation, of course, but in reality, I am more going toward savory, rather than sweets. Ever since I got a box of these yummy Biscoff cookies I really had to brainstorm what I could make with them, […]