— Using Kingsford Hardwood Pellets This post is sponsored by Kingsford. The opinion and text are mine. Cooking a whole family meal on the grill is not only a time-saver but also a very delicious way to prepare food. On top of that, you can create…
I don’t know if I should even call this tangy beet salad a recipe. It is so freakishly easy that I can’t even explain. It is well known that I am a beetroot lover. I love beets in any form, texture, and taste. On top…
If I could eat Heirloom Tomato Feta Salad with olive oil and herbs all year round I would be a very happy camper.
It is so fresh, sweet, savory, simple, pretty and most importantly delicious salad. One my favorite August salads when tomatoes are at the peak of the season; juicy and tasty!
When I was younger I hated cooked tomatoes or chunky tomatoes in meals. However, I absolutely loved eating tomatoes like an apple, just with a sprinkle of salt.
That is all I needed to survive hot summer days. I am still not a big fan of summer months, but I sure love its delicious produce; tomatoes, watermelon, peaches, cherries, cucumbers, etc., to name just a few of my favorite produce.
I know that most of the time you would see these tomatoes in a popular Italian dish, Caprese with mozzarella and basil drizzled with good olive oil. I wanted to make a conscious twist with Greek imported olive oil and feta cheese. Should we just call this one Greek Style Tomato Feta salad?
I am all for it if you are. Haha
Anyhow, you guys going to love it. Well, I am almost certain that you will. My daughter and I, we are huge tomato lovers, so we ate it until it was gone.
On the other hand, my boys are not, so two of us had a pleasure to enjoy this one for lunch with some grilled burgers.
If you try Heirloom Tomato Feta Salad Recipe or any other from my blog, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking
Thank you so much in advance for trying my recipes. I really appreciate it!
You might also like:
An easy and simple summer salad.
- 3-5 different types of tomatoes
- Generous pinch kosher salt
- Generous pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or balsamic vinegar if you prefer
- 1 block or chunk feta cheese, 7-8 oz
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Fresh Oregano for garnish, optional
- Wash tomatoes then using sharp knife make about 1/4 inch slices. You don't want them too thin but not to thick either. Depending on how many serving you want, you can totally use half of each tomato since some are pretty large. I was serving 4 people so I used all of it. If you have any leftovers you can bake a galette or add on pizza.
- Season tomatoes with salt just before serving, and before adding cheese. This way the salt will not start breaking the tomato slices. Same goes for any addition of acidities like vinegar or lemon juice. Do it right before serving.
- Now take the cheese out of the box and slice into cubes. Use some kitchen paper towel to dry them a bit if needed.
- Add Cheese son top of the tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil, then add a sprinkle of dried oregano and garnish with fresh oregano.
- You can use only one, but dried have its own aroma and fresh brings even more freshness which is the perfect combo for this salad.
You can add some olives or parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Strawberry Jello Summer Salad is undoubtedly an easy, fabulous and tasty recipe. We enjoy nothing but this incredibly simple and classic dessert all summer long. I heard that every good Southern lady should know how to properly make delicious jello salad. Well, I must say,…
My delicious Cucumber-Tomato and Mozzarella Cheese Salad. Who does not appreciate a hearty salad? Needless to say, we eat classic salads all year round, naturally depending on the season, of course. However, with all the ingredients convenient even during the winter season, we are able…
What is your favorite way to eat potatoes? I feel like that I don’t have a favorite way. I simply love potatoes. Just like pasta, potatoes are a staple of my household. Potatoes are important in my life and in lives so many people…
if they were not important or so damn delicious, there certainly wouldn’t be over 50 different words describing potatoes in Irish.
Yes! I checked because I have nothing better to do than check how to say potatoes in every language… there is even article saying describing potatoes in 90 different Irish words.
I don’t know if I ever told you but many times when my husband and I go to the restaurant to eat I order a bowl of mashed potatoes with gravy. I am not exaggerating. You can check my delicious recipe HERE.
So, I grew up with potato salads. Not like American Potato salads, more like vinegar-oil based on a tone of onion in it and that’s pretty much my favorite potato salad in the whole world. I made a similar one here on my blog:
Like I said so many times before, many dishes give me those flashbacks to the years when I was in high school or even younger.
So, lately, I have been really enjoying sharing with all of you some of those dishes, as well as with my own family. I like introducing my kids to some of those recipes.
They are all amazingly easy, yet extremely tasty. What is my cuisine you might ask? Well, it’s from all over Balkan so I’d say it’s Balkan Cusine, but that’s not completely correct.
On the map, you can find Southeastern Europe and there lies Balkan with many countries that got almost identical cuisine., even the languages are somewhat similar. They influence each other in so many ways.
You have a little bit of comfort food, incredibly sweet desserts, but a whole lot of Mediterranean and healthy recipes as well.
I would have to say that I grew with the best of both worlds, and in times when food was not as processed and kids played outside with no access to electronics. Good times!
Man, I love the 80s! 😀 I am connected to the 90s too because I was in high school by then and I just loved every single moment, happy or sad, easy or hard. It was seriously the best!
I hope you try this easy recipe because it is truly delicious. Hey, if you try this recipe or any other from my blog please share with me on Instagram.
Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Boiled Potatoes with Butter and Parsley
Delicious and super easy recipe for Boiled Potatoes with Butter and Parsley
- 5 Potatoes medium size, not too small or too large
- 2 tbsp. Butter unsalted
- 1 tsp. Dried Parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Green Onions
- Fresh Parsley
- Wash the potatoes very well, then boil them in the large pot with enough water to cover over the potatoes. Cover and cook on medium-high heat for 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- When the knife goes through the potato easily, the potatoes are cook through. Take them off the head, drain and fill the pot with cold water. Allow the potatoes to cool down for at least 5 minutes, but do not leave them in the cold water for too long. Just enough so you can handle them.
- While the potatoes are still warm peel by using back of the knife and just pull the skin. I am using back of the knife because I don’t want to lose too much of flash and most of the time you would cut through the potato if you using regular side. Anyhow, peel the potatoes and cut into equal as possible cubes, dice or bite sizes.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste. Start with a generous pinch of salt and taste. You can always add some more salt later.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter then add dried parsley. You can use fresh parsley if you wish.
- Pour over the potatoes and toss it well.
Now, you can add some chopped green onions just before serving. Totally up to you, but it tastes fantastic with green onions. Serve it warm.
If you place it in the fridge you must warm it up for the butter to loosens up, but you will have to keep it in the fridge if you have any leftovers.
Tip If the butter is too light I add a dash of turmeric powder to make the butter more yellow and it looks prettier, plus it is healthier.
I feel like everyone loves quick, easy and fun pasta recipes. So this fall-inspired Mediterranean Pasta Salad falls right into quick, and easy dishes. We love this delicious DaVinci Pasta, you can really taste the quality with each bite you take. I have decided to…
I have been making a lot of pasta salads lately. I really love how we have so many options and variations that we can create with pasta. This one was one of those pasta salads that reminded me greatly of summers that I used to…
One of my favorite ways to enjoy stress-free, delicious lunch us by making this amazing, Colorful Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing.
Photo-shoots require some serious brainstorming. I know many photographers that go through Pinterest for example and see what theme would be the best for that particular photo-shoot.
To explain even further, Pinterest is amazing for real. You can make your own secret board. Such as, set the colors, props and what theme is the best, how to set up, inspo pics, so you can see exactly what colors go together or what theme goes perfectly with your dish.
For me personally, I plan all that in my head. Sometimes I need a couple of hours of brainstorming and sometimes I take 5 days until I am completely satisfied.
Yes, I do search for inspo pictures online sometimes when I hit the brick wall, and that is okay. You get inspired, and then you translate that inspo pic, a piece of art into your own creation
On the other note, My BLOG is back, baby! Yes!!!! After 3 weeks of going back and forth, I am finally back. It was HELL, to say the least
I was so stressed that I could not even sleep more than 2 to 3 hours a day. I am so thankful for my little team, the new host who guided me through and of course for your tremendous patience
My heart is pounding with the excitement that I will be able to continue sharing recipes, and that the website will be much faster for you guys.
The hard part is not over! I still have to go through many recipes and adjust pictures, reshoot and correct to match this theme of the website
You may also like:
Okay to cut the story short, I really hope you guys make this recipe and please don’t be shy.
If you make Colorful Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing, tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking and use hashtags #sandraseasycooking I would love to see your creations!!!
HAPPY COOKING!!! XO
Easy and tasty pasta salad
- 1 lb 5 Color Pasta Any pasta would be okay; farfalle, rigatoni, campanelle, rotini, 3 color pasta, etc.
- 2 cups Broccoli Slaw
- 1/2 cup Red Cabbage also known as purple cabbage
- 1/4-1/2 lb Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 medium Zucchini sliced
- 1 cup Black Olives *optional
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Pasta Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 teaspoons Stone Ground Mustard Seeds 1 tsp. Substitute with Stone Ground Mustard or 1½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Salt or to taste
- 2 Garlic cloves lightly crushed with the side of a knife blade and chopped
- 2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs Blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- Boil a large pot of water and add a generous amount of salt, add pasta and cook according to the package. I like pasta for salads to have a bit of bite so "al dente" is perfect. After the pasta is cooked, drain and run cold water over it. Shake colander and allow pasta to cool down. This is only if you going to use pasta for the pasta salad.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Pasta Vinaigrette Dressing. Add salt to taste. I always start with 1/2 teaspoon. Mix it and set aside.
- Now add to the pasta broccoli slaw, halved tomatoes, sliced red cabbage, zucchini, black olives.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of dressing in the pasta then stir, add the rest of the ingredients and add dressing, a tablespoon at the time until you reach taste that you want.
- Stir well, and serve. Leftovers place in the airtight container and keep refrigerated.
The best way to mix homemade dressing is a glass jar with fitted lid. Not only that you can shake it to combine the ingredients, but also if you don't use it all you can save it for the next time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Simple, delicious and easy veggie-packed vegetarian pasta salad is colorful and perfect for upcoming summer days, grilling season and potlucks. My family loves this Vegetarian Pasta Salad, and I make it often especially when we have a family gathering. For those of you that visiting…