Salads make such an amazing lunch or dinner. We all love quick and easy lunch like this. I do not like adding a bunch of stuff to my chicken salad so this is as easy as it gets. I love pickles so that is always…
Turmeric Egg Salad on a nest of Arugula or Rocket with seven seeds and multigrain bread is amazing. I served this tasty salad with a delicious kumato slices, lightly seasoned with sea salt. This was such a perfect lunch. If you never tried egg salad…
Meatless Chili Nachos are simple, delicious and perfect for a game day. Don’t you just love nachos?
If I am being honest, I could seriously eat this whole tray of nachos. I love them as much a much family.
It’s just so comforting and delicious. We just adore finger foods.
This time I tried something different or new, and my kids seems to love it.
When I told them “that chili nachos was meatless”, they could not believe it. It was really tasty.
To be honest, I was impressed myself, although I do not need much to get impressed. I am a simple gal.
Pizza, nachos, finger foods, charcuterie and cheese boards are stable on Sunday when we watch football.
I would not change that for anything. With that being said, sometimes I serve chicken wings or sliders as well.
Regarding this recipe, you can totally double this. Yes, you can!
Well, I totally did, of course. I always have to double recipes because my family do not use serving sizes. They stop when they are full. I rarely have any leftovers, even on Thanksgiving.
On the other hand, I am the one who reads labels all the time. I know, that’s a flaw of being chubby as a kid and now a food blogger.
Anyhow, if you try making this one, I have a feeling that you will like it. It is really refreshing especially if you have vegetarian family member or a friends coming over.
If you get inspired by this recipe, and make my Meatless Chili Nachos, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraeasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance for all your support.
Please read notes for other ideas and tips. I wish you a very Happy Cooking!
Simple, delicious and perfect for a game day! Don’t you just love nachos? If I am being honest, I could seriously eat this whole tray of nachos. I love them as much a much family.
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 pack Veggie based Sausage
- 1 can Chili Beans, Vegetarian
- 8 oz Salsa
- 1 bag Corn Chips Preferably Multigrain
- 10 oz Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend or Cheese Sauce
- 1/4-1/2 Red Onion
- 2-3 Scallions
- 1-2 Tomato
- Parsley or Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- In a skillet add about 1 tbsp Olive Oil, then add Veggie sausage. Saute for a couple of minutes on medium heat. Break into small pieces using a fork. Press and break, continue sauteeing until it is heated through and cooked, 3-4 minutes.
- To the veggie sausage, add can of chili beans and salsa, stir well and coat the veggie sausage. Take off the heat.
- Add tortilla/corn chips on the baking sheet, about half the bag, then scoop veggie sausage mixture (half of the mixture) and add on the chips.
- Add cheese and bake for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and bubbly. You can use nacho cheese sauce**
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and add another layer of veggie sausage mixture, then top it with remaining cheese. Bake for a couple of minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Chop and dice onion, scallions, tomato and parsley or cilantro.
- Add the topping on the nachos and serve with more salsa and sour cream on the side.
- You can do this ahead and put together when it time to entertain. If you do not want this meatless, use ground beef or turkey and add chili beans of your choice.
- IF you are using ground beef, make sure to drain any excess oil before adding beans and salsa. For vegan cheese, you may try “GO VEGGIE” Vegan products are dairy and lactose-free and do not contain casein, eggs, or gluten.
- If you don’t want to use chili beans, well, you can use black beans or any that you like or have on hand.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- TeamFar Baking Sheet with Rack Set, Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet Baking Pans with Cooling Rack, Non Toxic & Healthy, Rust Free & Heavy Duty, Mirror Finish & Easy Clean, Dishwasher Safe - 6 Pieces
- Unique Bamboo Cheese Board, Charcuterie Platter & Serving Tray for Wine, Crackers, Brie and Meat. Large & Thick Wooden Server - Fancy House Warming Gift & Perfect Choice for Gourmets (Bamboo)
BLT -Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes with boiled eggs, avocado and delicious homemade vinaigrette. I love BLT Sandwiches but thought that making it into the salad would be somehow better, and it was a very satisfying meal. Of course, if you are vegetarian you can…
Superfoods Salad is such an amazing salad to surprise your insides with. Superfood definition: A nutrient-rich food considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being. We eat superfood every day, and a beautiful combination of different food makes us feel good, makes us healthy.…
Extraordinary Mixed Greens Kiwifruit and Strawberry Salad is so refreshing, delicious and perfect for the upcoming summer season. Â You can truly make it however you prefer.
Also, you can add more cheese or no cheese at all, add croutons, or serve it with crackers, yes, that’s a beauty of a salad that you can customize it however you want.
The funny thing is that I never liked adding fruit to my salad, except for tomatoes. I always thought it will taste weird and it did for a bit.
At first, I started with apple, cranberries, and pomegranates. However, nowadays I toss any fruit with my greens. Â I think we simply need to develop the taste for it.
For example, I used to dislike avocados and asparagus. It was just not my cup of tea, but I really love both now. Honestly, I do not know what happened, but something changed in my taste department.
Anyhow, just like me, my family feels the same way. Addition of fruit to salads just adds that extra element of sweetness which is very pleasant.
If you make this tasty Mixed Greens, Kiwifruit and Strawberry Salad or any other recipe from my blog, please tag me. Instagram @sandraseasycooking with hashtags #sandraseasycooking.
I would love to see your delicious creations and share with my followers as well. Thank you so much in advance!
- 3 cups Mixed Greens
- 1 cup baby Spinach
- 1/2 lbs Strawberries about 1/2 of the pack
- 3 Kiwifruit peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup Toasted sliced Almonds
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese *optional
Poppy Seeds Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- 4 tablespoons Orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Mayonnaise, I used Olive Oil Mayo
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Poppy Seeds
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Za'atar, optional
- Mix mixed greens and spinach in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing (vinaigrette) over it and toss it gently together, about 2 to 3 tablespoons or as you desire. You can use my simple dressing in the notes or Poppy Seeds Vinaigrette, which goes very well with this salad.
- Wash and slice fruit and again very gently toss it with greens.
- Add a handful of toasted sliced almonds and serve cheese on the side.
- Garnish it with Za’atar, not necessary but it gives you a wonderful taste and compliment to the salad.
Poppy Seeds Vinaigrette
- Whisk the lemon, and orange juice with the mustard, and mayonnaise.
- Add in olive oil and continue whisking until the dressing is creamy.
- Stir in the poppy seeds, and season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
My absolute favorite vinaigrette is simple. I just mix Lemon juice, Olive oil, salt, and black pepper to taste. I used that on most of my salads, however, Poppy Seeds Vinaigrette works very well with these kinds of salads. I do not add any sweetener, but you can add about 1/2 teaspoon of honey if you like that better. If you have somebody who does not eat dairy my simple dressing is a pretty amazing option, also you can totally skip mayo in the poppy seeds vinaigrette and use 1/2 ripe avocado for the creaminess. If you do not have almonds, then use cashews instead.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Refreshing chicken and a handful of mixed greens to start this spring season. I must admit that this Thai Chili Grilled Chicken with Salad is absolutely scrumptious. It is finally getting warmer, and I thought what better way to celebrate this beautiful Spring weather than…
Ahi Tuna Salad is absolutely one delightful meal.
Ahi tuna is velvety smooth in texture, melt in your mouth with a soft.
Delicate with a mild, somewhat meaty flavor served on top of delicious salad lightly seasoned with vinaigrette.
Seriously this was a perfect meal. Anyhow, Valentine’s day is coming. Yes!
If you are in relationship, are you doing anything special or you rather go out with your girlfriends?
That being said, I like staying in and enjoying dinner that we prepare together. Isn’t that more romantic?
So, he cleans the table and I wash dishes. I scratch his back if he scratch mine.
I mean, after being together for 19 years who cares about Valentine’s day anymore as long as he remembers to bring me tiramisu.
Jokes on the side, my hubs is a sweet, sweet man, but not really a romantic type.
Don’t get me wrong, he is thoughtful and knows how to spoil me. We are like fire and water, we balance each other.
Aquarius… by the way, my birthday is in two days. My wish is to sleep longer, have a coffee in bed, and stay in my PJ all day. That’s not bad at all, right?!
Oh, and speaking of Valentine’s day, if you’re planning to surprise somebody with a meal, I think you should definitely go with something like this.
Simply because it is just amazing, healthy, easy and so freaking delicious.
On the other hand, let’s get back to the recipe.
Since the new year started a while ago, I really try to eat more healthy and stay on track.
Like 85% of the food that I eat is really good for our body and mind.
Well, the rest is my love for sweets, snacks and pastry. I just cannot help it. What a heck? Let’s call that a balance.
A I said before, this Ahi Tuna Salad was delightful. With spectacular flavors that linger around your taste buds.
The crunch from the veggies lightly seasoned with the vinaigrette is all you want in one meal.
Oh, and that mandarine is just perfect with tuna and mixed greens. That burst of sweetness is spectacular.
Yes, I call this a meal because you really get full eating it.
If you get inspired and make my Ahi Tuna Salad, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseaycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
This salad was delightful. With spectacular flavors that linger around your taste buds and the crunch from the veggies lightly seasoned with the vinaigrette is all you want in one meal.
- A drizzle of Olive oil
- 1 Ahi Tuna Steak 6 ounces
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- 1 cup Eat Smart Salad, contains: carrots red cabbage, kale, beet greens, broccoli stalks
- 1 Mandarin peeled and separated into sections.
- 1 tbsp Toasted and sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil EVOO
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 minced or grated garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced herbs
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon honey
- Sprinkle with Sumac
- Fresh Dill
- Lemon slices
- Coat your steak with a combination of salt, ground black pepper, and dried parsley.
- Heat a grill pan or griddle over high heat. Spray grill surface or add a drizzle of olive oil in the pan. Add tuna steak to the hot cooking surface and sear tuna 1 minute on each side.
- Remove tuna from heat and place on a cutting board.
- Mix together a salad. You can use whatever you have on hand. I used a mixture of organic baby spinach with Eat Smart Salad (contains: carrots, red cabbage, kale, beet greens, broccoli stalks) and added mandarine. I used my own toasted and sliced almonds as well as vinaigrette.
- Whisk together ingredients for the vinaigrette and set aside. You do not have to use it all, just store in the airtight jar.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Slice tuna on an angle and arrange on the salad. Sprinkle on top any herb, in this case, I had sumac, so I used it. Sumac gives a wonderful taste, lemon slices, and lastly fresh dill.
- If Ahi tuna is frozen, make sure to defrost it. You can leave in the fridge for 24hrs or submerge in the cold water for about 20 minutes.
- When defrosted pat-dry with a paper towel after removing it from the sealed plastic bag. Double or triple the recipe if you are serving more people.
- Ahi tuna serving size is 6 ounces. About Ahi Tuna: Ahi tuna is often used in raw fish dishes in Asian cuisines.
- While it serves as a great source of several nutrients you need for good health, packed with vitamin B, D, the protein content accounts for 50 percent of the daily value of protein, it's also slightly higher in mercury than other types of tuna.
- The Hawaii State Department of Health recommends limiting your servings to twice per month. Ahi is perfect if you're trying to follow a high-protein low-carbohydrate diet.
Perfect, healthy, nutty and balanced Citrus Kale Salad. A Beautiful marriage of ingredients that just brings harmony, happiness, and calmness to you and your body. Don’t you simply love a good salad? I adore salads, and the other day, I was longing for kale salad.…