Strawberry Jello Summer Salad is undoubtedly an easy, fabulous and tasty recipe. We enjoy nothing but this incredibly simple and classic dessert all summer long.
I heard that every good Southern lady should know how to properly make delicious jello salad. Well, I must say, yours truly, was not born here in the United States.
I know that so many of you already know that fact about me. If you have never heard me talk, I do have an accent. It gets thicker when I am tired. I have kids so we are an English speaking family, but they do understand Serbo-Croatian very well too.
Every so often, it gets extremely annoying when people do not even try to understand what I am trying to say. I do not think that I am hard to understand at all.
Needless to say, when people do not even try to understand me, all I desired to do is to turn around and walk away. Also, try really hard not to punch them.
Nevertheless, I have been living in the gorgeous city of Nashville for 21 years, more than half of my life, so I have rightfully earned the privilege to call myself a Southern lady. So, I will bring to the table my version on the most popular Southern Jello Salad.
You could use a large bowl for trifle and create a beautiful dessert centerpiece. Perhaps for a smaller party, you can make individual desserts just by serving them in glasses.
With that being said, my family literally devoured this strawberry jello summer salad. I mean what’s not to like.
We have cream cheese here and whipped topping, luscious strawberries, jello, plus graham crackers with butter. If you are like me, I know every pan corner will be licked clean.
If you make this recipe or if I inspire you to make any of my recipes please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
To me, it’s all about sharing food so I would love to share at least a picture of your creation with others. Thank you in advance!
Strawberry Jello Summer Salad is undoubtedly an easy, fabulous and tasty recipe. We enjoy nothing but this incredibly simple and classic dessert.
- 2 packages (8.5g - 4-serving size each) Jell-O™ strawberry-flavored gelatin ( used sugar-free)
- 1 3/4 cups (14 oz/412ml) Boiling water
- 1 box (16 oz/500 ) strawberries, plus for serving
- 10 graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup (55g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 container (8 oz/226g) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (8 oz/226g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar (I used Truvia )
- 1 tablespoon (13g) vanilla extract
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in sliced strawberries; refrigerate until partially set, about 45 minutes
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, mix ingredients for CRUST. Press into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 7-10 minutes. Cool it completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat ingredients for FILLING with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread over crust. Make sure it goes to the very end sealing the edges so the topping doesn't leak though. It is okay if it does but for the perfect separation of each layer it is the best if you seal it. Cover and refrigerate until cool and gelatin topping in the bowl is partially set.
- Carefully spoon gelatin TOPPING over filling. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or until firm. I like adding more fresh strawberries when I serve this dessert.
You may add other fruit such as pineapple or peaches. Possibilities are endless.
- Pyrex Easy Grab 4-Piece Value Pack, includes 1-ea 3-qt Oblong, 2-qtOblong, Red Plastic Covers
- Final Touch FTS5222 Measuring Cup and Scale
- Better Bowls Sugar Free, Strawberry Gelatin, 1.4 Ounce (Pack of 6)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 124mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 20g Protein: 3g