Scallion-Mushroom Frittata is one of my go-to brunches, especially when the kids are going to school. PBJ sandwiches or cereals just do not cut it anymore.
Well, they never did. I was more of eggs and bacon gal. With that being said, this kind of breakfast is perfect to wake them up and prepare for a long school day.
Don’t you just love frittatas?
They are so easy and versatile, and my family absolutely loves them.
Well, they certainly do not like it when I add mushrooms or spinach. Boy, do not like that at all. My husband, Nebs is warming up and my daughter and I love it either way.
Needless to say, there is nothing better than a homemade breakfast. I am not much of a breakfast eater. However, I do love a good brunch, of course, but this meal always hit the spot.
I just love frittatas. We switch things up depending on the season, and sometimes I use what we have in the fridge.
If you make Scallion-Mushroom Frittata or any other recipe from my blog, tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking Thank you in advance!
Tasty and easy breakfast or brunch idea.
- 3 Eggs slightly mixed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Scallions chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup Baby Spinach chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive oil or unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. Pine Nuts
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Turn oven to broil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Over medium-high temp, heat oven-safe skillet on the stove top. Spay or brush a skillet with oil or butter.
- Add chopped scallions, mushrooms and spinach in the skillet and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Pour egg mixture over it and cook for about 2 minutes on medium high on the stove top or until the egg mixture has started to set on the bottom.
- Add cheese on top of the eggs and toss pine nuts on top of the cheese.
- Place skillet in the oven and broil for about 3 to 4 minutes on high or until it is lightly brown and fluffy. Remove from a skillet and cut into wedges.
You can use small bits of bacon as well, or omit mushrooms if you do not like them. It's all about what you have on hand or like.