Lemon, Garlic, Butter, Shrimp Recipe
Lemon, garlic, and butter are just meant to be part of the shrimp meals. This is our favorite shrimp recipe, plus I totally toss these with creamy pasta. HEAVENLY! These shrimps are fantastic with cauliflower rice, zoodles (zucchini noodles), spaghetti squash or over bowl greens. If none of those is a good option for you, then take a loaf of Italian or French bread and dip and eat. I tell you it is so delicious.
So good! I might or might not have done that in the past. The aroma and flavor of these are seriously the best. This is such an easy and amazingly delicious recipe that you must make.
I made this often when I have a date with my husband and I don’t want to go out, or when I have a movie night with my girlfriends. The best memories are made over a meal!
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
Lemon, garlic, and butter are just meant to be part of the shrimp meals. Delicious and flavorful shrimps in 20 minutes.
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2-2 pounds Shrimp with a tail peeled and deveined
- Sea salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste (A good pinch of both)
- 3-5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice use ripe Lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Organic Tumeric Powder optional, read notes
- Zest of one Lemon
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Clean, peel and devein shrimp then pat dry with a kitchen paper towel.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a skillet or saute pan over medium heat.
- To the butter add cleaned, shrimp and season the shrimp with sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Cook about two minutes on each side, the shrimp is cooked when it turns completely pink, make sure to stir; Remove from the pan and set aside on a platter or a plate.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter in the skillet, then add the garlic and cook for about one minute.
- Add lemon juice, and turmeric powder. Cook, while slightly moving the skillet or just stir the butter, garlic, lemon juice, and turmeric together. Cook it for a couple of minutes on medium-high temperature, continuously stirring.
- Return the shrimp back to the skillet and stir to coat the shrimp with butter mixture and cook for additional minute or so. Add lemon zest and stir again. This is just to combine all the flavors and allow the shrimp to soak in the lemony flavor.
- Take off heat. Taste test, and add more salt or lemon juice to please your taste buds.
- Garnish with parsley if you desire. The best served over pasta.
I add turmeric powder for the color, plus it got amazing health benefits. It is optional!!! If the shrimp are precooked and frozen, thaw it completely. Submerge the shrimp under cold water and let it sit until defrosted for about 10-15 minutes. Then take a kitchen paper towels and make sure to dry the shrimp completely before cooking it. It is precooked so you don't need as much time to cook on each side.