When I look at this Meatball Marinara Sandwich or a Sub, I would just say “Hello, Gorgeous”
It looks absolutely mouthwatering and it tastes as you would expect, outstanding! My family loves a good sandwich and this one is one their favorite. I cannot run from the fact that we are just sandwich family.
With that being said, I worked really hard to perfect many to be lip-smacking delicious.
Most importantly, if you do not eat pork, you may use higher fat in beef. I just use pork because it keeps meatballs taste great, but you can totally omit and use more ground beef.
If you make this one please make sure tag me on instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking
Believe it or not, this helps me discover it and other could check it out as well. I always reshare on my stories your food creations using my recipes. Furthermore, thank you so much for all your support.
Meatball Marinara Sub
Serves 4 to 5, depending on the size of the meatballs.
- 1 pound Ground Beef 85/15 fat
- 1 pound Ground Pork
- 1/2 Medium Onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 ounces grated Parmigiano-Reggiano grated
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh Parsley leaves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large Egg Yolks
- 1/4 cup Plain Breadcrumbs
- 2 jars Marinara Sauce get good quality or make your own, recipe below.
Homemade Marinara Sauce:
- 2 cans 15 oz each of Skinless Tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian herb blend
- 4 cloves of crushed and minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- Combine all the ingredients for meatballs and mix very well with your hands. If you do not like touching meat then use kitchen gloves. You can do this overnight and make them the next day.
Preheat the oven on 375 F (190C)
Make meatballs. Oil your hands, you can form them easily. I use about 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture and roll between my palms.
Place all the meatballs in the baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or until they are brown on all sides. You can also turn them few times to make sure they are getting that nice crunchy brown color on all sides.
- You do not have to oil the baking pan, extra fat from the meatballs will come out even though they are very low in fat, some of it will still come out.
- Once they are done, put them on the paper towel and cover either with the lid or extra paper towels.
- Add meatballs in the pot with Marinara Sauce, turn the heat on simmer and allow all the flavors to marry for about 15 minutes.
How to make Marinara Sauce
- Turn the heat to medium-high and combine all the ingredients, until heated through them turn the stove temperature down.
- Add about 1/3 cup of water and allow it to simmer for about 15 minutes with a lid on.
- Stir everything, then transfer to heat safe food processor or a blender.
Put it back in the pot and heat until bubbles, about 10 minutes or so. Turn off the heat, cover and wait until ready to be used. You do not have to add meatballs in the sauce, but they taste so much better if they simmer in the sauce for a bit.
Note If you do not eat pork omit, of course. You may use higher fat content in ground beef. Also, use more beef since you are omitting pork.
You may use any sub or sandwich bread that you prefer.