I love a good sandwich, especially these amazingly delicious and super easy Bacon Eggs and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches. It is a comforting breakfast or you may eat it for brunch. Well, we prep it many times even for dinner. Wouldn’t you agree that sometimes breakfast…
Search Results: Sandwich
I am a sandwich person, and I could eat a sandwich probably every single day. However, when it comes to ham, slow-cooked pork, swiss cheese, pickles, mustard pressed in the Cuban bread there is nothing better in this world. I love this Tasty Pressed Cuban Sandwich.…
Every so often you just have to enjoy a delicious sandwich. I think there is undoubtedly nothing better than a French staple grilled cheese sandwich.
Also, better known as Croque-Monsieur Sandwich. In translation, it means Gentlemen’s Crunch.
My favourite way to eat a croque-madame is with a little sunny-side-up egg on top, with a drizzle of hot sauce!
With that being said, you should also try a “Croque Mademoiselle” which is a vegetarian version with cucumber or zucchini and chives.
I genuinely feel like this sandwich instantly transports you back to a French café or charming bistro, where you may have ordered it while sipping on a café au lait.
You may know this sandwich in the USA as a Monte Cristo Sandwich. Nevertheless, it is delicious whatever you call it.
My husband and I devoured it because we absolutely love a good sandwich.
Especially with premium carved cuts of high-quality meats like Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham.
I partnered with Hillshire Farm to make something very delicious using their Premium Carved Meats.
We used Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham to make this delicious sammie.
So, I took a trip to Walmart and located the packaged lunch meat in the perimeter coolers.
There, I found Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Oven Roasted Turkey Breast. As well as Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Breast.
If you try my Croque-Monsieur Sandwich Recipe or any other from my site please tag me on INSTAGRAM. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION:
Every so often you just have to enjoy a delicious sandwich. I think there is undoubtedly nothing better than a French staple grilled cheese sandwich, better known as Croque-Monsieur. In translation, it means Gentlemen’s Crunch.
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter reserve 1/2 tbsp for buttering the bread
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoon/s All-purpose flour substitute 1/4 tbsp Guar gum
- 2-2 1/2 cups Whole milk
- 3 ounces Gruyère Cheese, grated substitute with Swiss Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Sprigs of Thyme steam removed
- 1/2 tablespoon Melted Unsalted Butter reserved from Bechamel Sauce)
- 8 slices Sandwich Bread preferably rustic, or traditional Brioche toast
- 8 slices Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Meat, I used Ham
- 8-10 ounces Gruyère Cheese, grated substitute with Swiss Cheese (aged)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives or green onions
Shread/Grate the cheeses; Gruyère Cheese and Swiss Cheese. You may use more or less, but I think this is a perfect amount. I like shredding my own cheese and it melts even better when you do it.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a small saucepan and add the flour all at once, stirring with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Add milk; bring to a simmer.
- Cook, whisking frequently, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the salt, pepper, grated Gruyere, and the Swiss and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in bottom third. Place 8 bread slices on the baking sheet, butter each toast with unsalted butter, then toast for a couple of minutes.
- After the toast slices are nicely golden take it out of the oven. Just to note that you can toast bread in a large toaster or conventional oven as well if that saves you time.
- Top each with half with bechamel sauce, about 1 tablespoon equally spread, then add slices of the ham and shredded Gruyère. Top with remaining bread.
- On the very top of each sandwich add about 1 more tablespoon of the Bechamel sauce and generous amount of shredded Gruyère.
- Turn the oven broiler on high and transfer the baking sheet with sandwiches in the oven. Broil until the top of the sandwiches with bechamel sauce and cheese begins to bubble, approximately 2 minutes.
- Slice in half and enjoy
For Croque-Madame add a fried sunny side up egg on the top and serve.
- For Croque-Madame, add a fried sunny-side-up egg on top and serve.
- Gruyère cheese is one of the finest Swiss cheeses. Its taste is nutty and salty when new but varies greatly with age. Since it can be quite pricy, you can substitute with regular Swiss cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Spring Chef Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons for Dry or Liquid, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6
- Carote 6.3 Inch/1 Quart Milk Saucepan PFOA Free Stone-Derived Non-Stick Coating From Switzerland, Bakelite Handle With Wood Effect (Soft Touch) With Lid, Suitable For All Stove Including Induction
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver
Homemade, easy and delicious Summer Treat Who doesn’t like delicious ice cream in the middle of summer? Heck, we love ice-cream even in the winter time. There is something about crumbled cookies in the ice cream; it gives you just a bit of crunch, more…
I don’t know about you, but I am a sandwich person.
One of top 5 of my favorite sandwiches would be this amazing smoked salmon bagel sandwich.
I devour it and to be honest, I could never become tired of eating this kind of summich. I called this a lazy Friday dinner because it was quick and no cooking required, but everyone loved it. It is really perfect any day of the week as well as for parties.
They are in a way fancy, but not really, if you know what I mean?! I am just in love with this delightful sandwich so that’s why I’ve decided to share it here on my blog.
Of course, creating a sandwich is something that should be personalized. I love building it myself, as for the rest of my fab family, I ask what they want because we are pretty darn serious when it comes to building a sandwich
What is your favorite sandwich?
Smoked Salmon Bagel Sandwiches
- 1 Bagel 6 oz.
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream cheese split in half
- 1 teaspoon chives chopped
- 1/2 Avocado thinly sliced
- 3 ounces thin-sliced smoked salmon
- English cucumber or mini cucumbers thinly sliced
- Fresh Organic Spinach or lettuce
- Red onion
- Drained Capers
- Fresh Dill
- SLICE bagel in half horizontally. Mine was presliced, so I just carefully separated both pieces.
- Spread BOTH sides with cream cheese and sprinkle with the chopped chives.
- Over cheese on 1 bagel half, layer English cucumber or mini cucumber, thinly sliced avocado, smoked salmon, spinach – now, it a good time to add other additions such as red onion and/or capers.
- Set remaining bagel half, cream cheese side down, over filling.
You can personalize it however you would like. I love adding capers and red onion, not in the pic, but it’s absolutely fantastic. You can also try it with chives cream cheese or sprinkle fresh chives like I did because chives give extra flavor and compliment salmon very well. Smoked salmon is also your personal preference. Most of the time I am using Alaskan Smoked Salmon. Bagel.
you have a couple of choices, of course. The one that I am using is “Everything pre-sliced bagel”, and I like the regular size for my family unless it’s a party, then I am using mini bagels.
Roasted Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich always hit the spot. Always! Period.
If you love sandwiches as much as I do, then you will love this one.
This week my kids were on the Fall break, so we were creative and did some fun stuff.
Although some days were rainy and rather cold, we still spend it together.
We went to fun places, doing projects, playing board games, cleaning our backyard, taking walks, and of course, we cooked up a storm each day.
One of the dishes that we made was grilled cheese sandwiches.
Since both of my boys could not care less about cooked onions, mushrooms, and peppers, they got plain roast beef grilled cheese sandwiches
However, my husband, Anna and I, of course, kicked up a notch. I made this copycat of “Philly cheesesteak” into a grilled cheese sandwich.
I love when it’s a cold and rainy day to make hot soup and these types of sandwiches. It just screams comfort to me.
I know some people hate Mayo in the warm sandwiches.
Yes, I will use the word hate. I have been doing this job for 5 years, and I read each comment and reaction.
You may also like:
WATCH MY QUICK VIDEO TUTORIAL ON YOUTUBE.
Also, you could turn your AdBlock off, refresh your page and watch it right here on my blog. Thanks!
If you make my Roasted Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
Recipe for an easy and tasty Roasted Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices of Bread Toast- white, multi-grain, whole wheat, etc.
- 6 Slices of Roast Beef slow-cooked, works well
- 4 slices Provolone cheese or Mozzarella
- 1/2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Onion yellow or red, diced
- 1 tbsp. Bell Pepper diced, green and red, work well together. You may add more.
- 2 Mushrooms
- Pinch: Salt ground black pepper, and red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tbsp. Mayo Olive oil regular, etc.
- 1/2 tbsp. Sriracha or any other hot sauce
- Add 1 tbsp. Onion, chopped, diced bell peppers (a tablespoon or more) and 2 sliced mushrooms. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, and red chili flakes. Then, saute for 4-5 minutes on medium-high heat. Transfer it to a paper towel to absorb moisture.
- In another pan, add unsalted butter. Let it melt on low heat. Place two slices of toast (medium-low heat)
- Mix together: 1/2 tbsp. Mayonnaise + 1/2 tbsp. Sriracha. Spread evenly on both slices.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on each slice. Roast beef (any type/kind), 2-3 slices on each slice of the toast. Spoon in sautéed onion, pepper and mushroom.
- Flip the other side on top, and allow to toast for 1-2 minutes on each side. REMEMBER We want to TOAST it, NOT burn it.
- TURN the heat on LOW, and cover with the lid. Every few minutes, uncover and turn the sandwich over. Until the cheese is completely melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grilled Chicken and Ham Sandwich is really tasty and easy to make. Drizzle a bit of homemade creamy sriracha and you got yourself one perfect sandwich. My weekday mornings are crazy, seriously. Dealing with 8-year-old at 7 o’clock is no joke. Who, by the way,…