— Using Kingsford Hardwood Pellets This post is sponsored by Kingsford. The opinion and text are mine. Cooking a whole family meal on the grill is not only a time-saver but also a very delicious way to prepare food. On top of that, you can create…
I love a good sandwich, especially these amazingly delicious and super easy Bacon Eggs and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches. It is a comforting breakfast or you may eat it for brunch. Well, we prep it many times even for dinner. Wouldn’t you agree that sometimes breakfast…
I am a sandwich person, and I could eat a sandwich probably every single day. However, when it comes to ham, slow-cooked pork, swiss cheese, pickles, mustard pressed in the Cuban bread there is nothing better in this world. I love this Tasty Pressed Cuban Sandwich.
You guys asked me so many time to post my version of this amazing sandwich and I always hesitated. To be honest, I was testing how I like it the best without offering anyone regarding how I make it.
I ate so many different version even though they all contain the same ingredients just slightly different made or prepared. In the end, what is truly authentic?
It’s food, a recipe and everyone add their own print, right? You are allowed to experiment and put your own little twist on dishes that you make for you and tour family.
That being said, my family went crazy for this one. Also, I made for my husband’s staff and they all loved it so I am confident that you guys going to love this recipe.
I made 3 trays full of these Cubanos and I couldn’t resist. I didn’t have a piece of bread or anything with gluten for about 3 months at all, and this was rebirth experience.
So, if you are on low carb diet then you know what I mean. Anyhow, you can totally use low carb tortilla if you are on keto. It’s not the same as having a nice Cuban bread but, hey, better than nothing! Haha
It is truly amazing and so delicious and I really hope you give this sandwich a try.
When you make my Tasty Pressed Cuban Sandwich, or any other recipe from my blog please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 tablspoon ground black pepper
- 5-6 pounds boneless pork shoulder butt.
- Four 10 inches (approximately) Cuban sandwich loaves, sliced into 4 equal sizes
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 pound sliced smoked ham
- Dill pickles sliced lengthwise
- Roast pork
- 8-10 ounces Swiss cheese slices
FOR PRESSING SANDWICH
- Garlic and Herbs Butter or read notes
- Cast iron grill pan with cast iron grill press
- OR PANINI PRESS
- Place pork into a largest ziplock bag then pours the marinade. Make sure that marinade is very well combined before pouring it over the pork. massage the pork for a bit to coat then close the ziplock bag and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours, preferably 12 hours. Halfway through turn the ziplock on the other side and massage it again just to make sure the pork is well coated with the marinade.
Oven roast pork in Dutch Oven for 3 to 3 ½ hours on lower heat at 350°F. Take it out of the oven, and allow it to cool down for 20-30 minutes before shredding or carving against the grain.
You can use your slow cooker: Set on high and slow cook for 4-6 hours depending on the size. You may slice it in big chunks so the pork fit well in the slow cooker. Shred pork using two forks as soon as the pork is falling apart.
Grilling pork brings an amazing flavor and it's my favorite ways to prep meat.
When I am cooking it on my Traeger Grill:
- I prep my smoker for 15 minutes at 250° Fahrenheit with the lid closed. Then I place pork directly on the grill and cook for 2 hours.
- Take it off the grill and put the pork in the center on the heavy-duty foil, then bring up the sides of the foil a little bit before pouring the apple cider on top of the pork butt.
- Wrap the foil tightly around the pork, make sure the cider does not escape.
- Place the foil-wrapped pork butt back on the grill and cook until the temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, in the thickest part of the meat, about 2-3 more hours longer depending on the size of the pork butt.
- Allow it to cool DOWN completely for about 30 minutes in foil before shredding or carving against the grain.
- Slice Cuban bread loaf in half then spread unsalted butter on one size and mustard on the other.
- Add sliced or shredded pork, ham, cheese slices, and pickles. Close and spread or brush soften garlic and herbs butter on top then slice into equal portions.
- Preheat your grill pan and cook these but pressing onto the cast iron grill. pan and pressing it with cast iron grill press. You can turn it around if you wish and do the same on the other side. You may use a panini press or just bake in the oven if you do not wish to press it at all. I like keeping them in the warm oven wrapped before serving, or microwave to make the hot.
- If you get pork shoulder butt with a bone, no worries you can still do this and it will taste great.
- If you wish to use Pork Loin or Tenderloin, it's great! I tried it and it tastes fantastic. You do not need to panic.
- If you like any other pickle or ham go ahead and adapt to your liking. Maybe you like dijon mustard use that one. We prefer yellow mustard and smoked ham over honey glazed ham.
- If you cant get garlic and herbs butter then spread butter on the bread and sprinkle with herbs and garlic powder.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Hamilton Beach Electric Panini Press Grill with Locking Lid, Opens 180 Degrees for Any Sandwich Thickness (25460A) Nonstick 8" x 10" Grids Chrome Finish
- Lodge 10.5 Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan. Pre-seasoned Grill Pan with Easy Grease Draining for Grilling Bacon, Steak, and Meats.
- Lodge Rectangular Cast Iron Grill Press. 6.75 x 4.5" Cast Iron Grill Press with Cool-Grip Spiral Handle.
- SANDRA MIHIC's Amazon Page
When I look at this Meatball Marinara Sandwich or a Sub, I would just say “Hello, Gorgeous” It looks absolutely mouthwatering and it tastes as you would expect, outstanding! My family loves a good sandwich and this one is one their favorite. I cannot run…
Every so often you just have to enjoy a delicious sandwich. I think there is undoubtedly nothing better than a French staple grilled cheese sandwich. Also, better known as Croque-Monsieur Sandwich. In translation, it means Gentlemen’s Crunch. My favourite way to eat a croque-madame is…
I just love this time of the year? Most of the typical households are glued to the tv when their favorite football team is playing and there is something else, which is FOOD, of course?
Some people come to tailgate parties for the game and food, and some just for the excellent food. I love the atmosphere as much as I love a good game and delicious food. What do you love the most about football parties?
I have a houseful of football fans, so I make sure we have plenty of food just before it starts. Most of the time I make sliders along with snacks, cold sandwiches, and pizza. I feel like sliders are absolutely extraordinary and so easy.
I test lots of different sliders, and my family and friends love them all. This time I used Colman’s Mustard and it was fantastic. The taste is definitely unique, nevertheless, I would say, it is ideal if you want your sandwich with some character and Oomph. #HotMessAround
If I would accurately describe Colman’s Mustard, I’d tell you that it reminded me greatly of wasabi. It is pungent, spicy, and it opens your appetite. I used typical spreadable mustard for the inside of the delicious sandwich, but the powder was fantastic with the butter to brush on. It gave me that extra PUNCH. #BringThePunch
Now, let me see how you bring Colmans to your tailgating party. Share your creations with me and the world by using hashtags #HotMessAround #BringThePunch #ColmansMustard and of course, if you decide to make this tag me @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking on Instagram
Deli Meat Lover Brioche Sliders
- 12 Brioche Bun Sliders
- 1 tbsp. Colman’s Prepared Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Avocado Mayonnaise
- 6 slices Hard Salami
- 6 slices Smoked Ham
- 6 slices Smoked Turkey
- 2 Larger Dill Pickles sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- 1/2 cup Shredded Colby and Monterey Jack Cheese Blend
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp. Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Colman’s Mustard Powder
- Preheat over to 375F
- Slice sliders in half. The easiest way is if you slice all at ones.
- Butter the baking pan on the bottom and around the sides.
- Place the bottom of the buns in the baking pan.
- Spread Colman’s Mustard evenly then over the mustard spread a layer of avocado mayonnaise.
- Add slices of deli sub meat combination, then add cheese evenly on the top.
- Take the pickles out of the jar and cut them lengthwise if they are not already sliced. Then using kitchen paper towel pat dry the slices before placing it in the sliders. This is optional. You do not have to use pickles in the sandwich, instead may serve them on the side.
- Place the top of the sliders to close the sandwiches.
- Melt butter, then add to the melted butter dried parsley, garlic powder, and Colman’s Mustard Powder. Mix well, then brush the mixture on the top of the sliders.
- Bake sliders for 15-18 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. Serve immediately.
You may use any deli meat that you prefer. This combination works very well, but it’s up to you which deli meat you have or like to use. Colman’s Mustard works very well for these kinds of sandwiches.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Colman’s Mustard. All opinions are mine alone.
Brunch Bagel Sandwich – egg, bacon, cheese, avocado and lettuce KEEP CALM AND EAT BAGEL… There are many ways to jazz up your bagel sandwich and I believe that this is one of them. I love pian and simple cream cheese bagel, just like my whole family.…
Disclaimer:This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield®. The opinion and text are my own. The best part of summer is spending time with your family and friends. I am a foodie if you could not tell that before. These Smoked…
Salads make such an amazing lunch or dinner. We all love quick and easy lunch like this. I do not like adding a bunch of stuff to my chicken salad so this is as easy as it gets. I love pickles so that is always a must for me.
Actually, my daughter, Anna loves salads like this just as much as me. We could eat for days tuna as well as salmon salad, which is coming soon on my blog, potato salads, and egg salad as well.
Sometimes it scares me how much in common we have with each other. She loves almost everything that I love, except pies. She would rather take a cake over a pie, and I am the opposite. Never come between me and my pie, although as long as a cake does not contain any frosting I am loving it, too.
Anyhow, this was one amazing lunch that we enjoyed very much and we hope you will enjoy it as well.
Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken Breast cooked
- 1/2-1 Celery rib/stick finely diced
- 6 Kosher Mini Pickles finely diced
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Flakes or Powder You can use 1/4 raw onion as well, just finely dice it
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 4-5 tablespoons Mayonesse I used Mayo with Avocado Oil
- Croissants Toast, Hoagie Rolls, tortilla/wraps etc.
- Lettuce – Boston butter, or any other greens that you prefer
- Shred chicken and run across with a sharp knife to make sure that the chicken is really finely chopped. Dice celery and pickles. If you like sweet relish please add that although I prefer Kosher Mini Pickles.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients, as you can see in my pictures.
- Mix it very well, place in the container with a fitted lid and transfer it to the fridge.
- Allow it to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve it in the sandwiches, lettuce cups, wraps, etc.
Properly stored, the chicken salad will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. How long can chicken salad be left at room temperature?
Chicken salad should be discarded if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
You can use baked, roasted, boiled chicken or perhaps store-bought rotisserie chicken or any other on hand or whatever is convenient for you. I like to boil mine with herbs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, carrots, onion, and ginger.
This way I can use that broth in my cooking like stews, soups or similar. You can also use chicken breast on the one and just remove the meat from the bone when it cooked. You can also use a combination of dark and white meat, which always gives you amazing flavor and texture.
Turmeric Egg Salad on a nest of Arugula or Rocket with seven seeds and multigrain bread is amazing. I served this tasty salad with a delicious kumato slices, lightly seasoned with sea salt. This was such a perfect lunch. If you never tried egg salad…