Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better. If you like chicken salad or egg salad than you will love these read more
Search for a recipe: wrap
These Asparagus wrapped with Prosciutto bundles make an excellent starter or side for an amazing celebratory meal, or as a delicious and quick go-to appetizer. When it comes to quick appetizer, this is pretty much it. In my opinion, these bundles are absolutely perfect. I read more
Are you getting caught up in the Olympic games? I am hooked big time. We just cannot stop watching.
In between the breaks I prep food, and then cook something quick so we could munch while watching. So, that’s how these quick and delicious wraps were born.
So, I must admit I tested a few recipes and these Asian Style Chicken and Pineapple Lettuce Wraps were Da Bomb. I even took my time to make a video.
Anyhow, what are you all cooking these days? It’s so darn hot outside that I just want to be in the cold room with A/C blasting. I can’t tolerate hot weather, especially when it’s muggy, humid and sticky.
Now, these wraps are pretty light. My kids wrapped the chicken in the lettuce, then placed the whole wrap in the french bread.
My daughter’s comment was: “this needs some cheese” and my youngest one drizzled ketchup all over the chicken. Yeah, go figure. Well, as long as they eat their food, I am happy.
I enjoyed it very much just the way they are. I loved the sweetness that pineapple brought and a bit spiciness from gochujang (Korean Chili Paste)
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is Amazon Affiliate
Easy and tasty Asian inspired Chicken and Pineapple Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp. Oil olive oil, canola oil, etc.
- 2 Green onions chopped (reserveÂ green part for the garnish)
- 1 Lbs. Ground Chicken
- 1 cup Mushrooms diced or sliced
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp. Soy Sauce Lite add more if needed
- 1-2 tbsp. Gochujang Korean Hot Chili Paste
- 1 cup Fresh Pineapple cubed into bite size
- Butterhead Lettuce Boston or any on hand.
- Green onions green part
- SesameÂ seeds
- Serve with extra soy sauce
- Heat the wok or a pan, until hot. Add Oil and chopped spring onion, then saute for 30-40 seconds.
- Add ground chicken and cook until done, 5-6 minutes.
- Add Mushrooms, diced or sliced, stir well.
- Add Onion powder and Garlic powder, then stir and pour in Soy Sauce and Gochujang. Stir everything well to coat.
- Add in pineapple (read notes). Stir, and sesame seeds and serve with lettuce garnishing it with extra sesame seeds and green onions.
Q: Can I use canned Pineapple?
A: YES! Make sure to drain the juice and use pineapple. Fresh, ripe Pineapple is the best option, but whatever you have on hand.
Q:Can I use Ground beef or pork?
A: Yes! Pork, a mix of both Pork and Chicken or ground beef. Ground beef has fatter unless it is extra lean, so maybe you could spoon out some leftover fat, before serving the meat.
- Gochujang could be found in Korean/ Asian Markets, International, even some Kroger’s carry it. Or you can find it online! You can also substitute with Sriracha. Purple leaves on the picture: Radicchio, also known as Italian chicory red Verona. It has a bitter and spicy taste and I really didn’t care that much for the taste. It looked pretty while taking pictures, but, I really did not like it at all. So, if you like Radicchio use it, but if you do not, I recommend any type of lettuce and the best one is Boston Butterhead Lettuce. That’s my favorite lettuce. Add Soy sauce to please your taste buds. Also, you may use freshly chopped garlic and/or onion
Egg, Cheese and Ham Wrap is the most requested breakfast at my house.
The combination of crunchy, lightly toasted tortilla on the outside, and eggs, cheese… with a hint of smokiness from the ham gives you an amazing taste, and balance between the flavors as well as textures.
You can use crunchy bacon, or chicken/turkey from the deli, or whatever you have on hand. If you don’t eat meat whatsoever, you can keep it plain or add sauteed vegetables
Usually, I would serve it with fresh fruits if it’s for breakfast or a nice salad if we are eating lunch or dinner
Let me know down in the comment section if you made my Egg, Cheese and Ham Wrap.
You could tag me on social media. @sandraseasycooking, using hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
You can also send me a pic at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to see you creating one of my recipes.
WATCH MY QUICK VIDEO TUTORIAL AND LEARN HOW TO MAKE THESE WRAPS on Youtube. Or turn off your AdBlock to watch here on my website. Thanks!
Easy and tasty breakfast recipe.
- 1/2 teaspoon 2.36g Butter (preferably, unsalted)
- 2-3 large eggs beaten
- 2 Pinches of Salt
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- 2 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 slices Hickory Smoked Ham or any on hand, even chicken/turkey/beef roast from deli could be used
- 1/2 teaspoon butter preferably, unsalted
- 1 large Tortilla
- Beat the eggs until smooth and add salt and ground black pepper, mix again. *Don’t go over two pinches because we are adding cheese and ham.
- In the meantime, heat the skillet/frying pan on medium-high and add 1/2 teaspoon (2.36g) of butter. Let the butter melt.
- Pour beaten eggs into the hot skillet, and cook over medium-high heat.
- At this point, push the sides of the eggs (omelet), and let the wet part of the egg go to the bottom.
- When it’s almost set on the top, take a spatula and flip the omelet. Turn OFF the heat, but keep the pan still on the hot burner.
- Add cheese in the middle, then ham. Now, start to roll the omelet. Take it out and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium-high heat again, then add 1/2 teaspoon of butter. Allow the butter to melt.
- Place tortilla in the pan, and keep it in for 10-15 seconds, then place the rolled omelet closer to the edge of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla, and try to fold the edges in. After it’s rolled turn a few times to develop the crusty, crunchy tortilla texture.
- Brush with a little more butter, if desired.
You can add chicken, roast beef or turkey from the deli, even hard salami would work. In the case of tortilla, any flavor would work wonderfully.
Cheese: Use whatever cheese you have on hand, even if it’s shredded. I like mozzarella because it melts easily and it’s an affordable type of cheese.
You may use a low-carb tortilla for Keto-Friendly wrap.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This chicken drumsticks are lick your fingers delicious. Did I get your mouth to water? I bet I did!
Every season that approaches, I assume that many are planning their meals pretty much daily, especially if you have kids still at home.
I know that we do plan meals every single day.
I bought everything to make this dish. When I woke up the next morning, I was pretty excited to start cooking.
However, when I opened up my fridge prosciutto was gone.
Yes, ladies and gents, but not to worry I found the suspect! My husband! Without panicking, I had to substitute with Hickory s
I have changed the original recipe by two ingredients; I used rosemary instead of thyme and bacon instead of prosciutto.
You can still wrap your drumsticks with prosciutto, but bacon is fantastic as well.
First of all, it is way cheaper and more accessible to people than tasty, but overpriced prosciutto.
Anyhow, these bacon-wrapped chicken drumsticks were crunchy, delicious, and juicy. Everything that you want the chicken to taste like and more.
Also, I love serving it with just plain salad or with dijon mustard dressing.
You all know that chicken and bacon and match made in heaven, so what’s not to love. We just loved it, and I hope you will too.
If you make this Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks, please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking with hashtag #sandraseasycooking
Chicken and bacon are a perfect match. Now you get both tastes with each bite. Naturally low in calories, and so very tasty.
- 8 Chicken Drumsticks,
- 1/2 tbsp. Dried Rosemary
- 1/4 tbsp. Dried Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 8 Smoked Thick Bacon Slices
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the skin off the chicken drumsticks and make a few small slits in the meat so the meat can cook easier, or you may prick the chicken several times with a sharp knife.
- Season it with salt and ground black pepper, dried rosemary and parsley, then rub on all the drumsticks bit of olive oil, then roll the bacon slices on. If your bacon slices are smaller then use two slices.
- Bake until cooked through; 30 minutes covered lightly with aluminium foil, then take the foil off and cook for additional 30 minutes. Turn your oven to broil, and brown the chicken for 5-7 minutes on medium-high. Watch on the chicken so it does not burn. Depending on your oven, it might take less or more time.
- This recipe would be very well with any part of the chicken, and you can use prosciutto as well.
- You may leave the skin on the chicken. It is up to you. I remove the skin off chicken most of the time, but it is really up to your preference. I tried testing it both ways and my family prefers it without the skin.
- Having meat thermometer is a great little tool that it's not too expensive, but it is great having it around. Plus you will know that your cooked meat is safe to eat.
- The internal temperature should be inserted into the thickest part without touching bone.165° Fahrenheit is the safe internal temperature for both the white meat and dark meat.
- Just in case if you were wondering: According to the USDA, a chicken breast is considered done when an internal temperature of 165°F, and the leg and thighs 180°F. Otherwise, potentially dangerous bacteria that are known to sicken more than 75 million people and kill about 5,000 people each year can be found in the meat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.