If you are sensitive to gluten, by all mean use gluten free pasta or whole wheat. Pasta such as rigatoni, bow tie, macaroni, fusilli, etc. would work perfectly too. The key is in the dressing and it is such a simple dressing that I use in most of my salads.
If you make any of my recipes please make sure to tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I an able to check your beautiful creation.
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 pound Pasta
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Pitted Black Olives sliced
- 1/2 English Cucumber
- 1-2 Tomatoes
- 1/4 Red Onion sliced
- 4-5 Radish optional
- Handful Chopped Parsley
- 1 cup Feta Cheese
Pasta Salad Dressing/Vinaigrette:
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon (ripe) about 1 tbsp, or to taste.
- 1 tsp. Lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Dried Oregano
- Pinch of Cumin
- 1/8 tsp. Crushed Red Peppers optional
- Salt to taste
Mix ingredients for the dressing. Mix and set aside. The best way to make dressing is in the glass jar with a fitted lid.
- Boil pasta according to the package. Do not overcook. You'd want a little bite to it. Once cooked, wash under cold water and set aside; We are doing this only when we are making pasta for salads otherwise you would not wash pasta under cold water.
- Add a bit of dressing into pasta directly and toss to coat.
- Combine all ingredients together and lightly toss with the rest of the dressing.
Add Feta cheese and serve. You may use a block of Feta Cheese (cube it first) or toss Feta crumbles.
You can add chicken/grilled or pan-fried. Smoked ham, even crispy bacon goes well with this salad.