I might be addicted to anything carbolicious, but that’s a simply comfort food for me. This Greek Pasta salad is one of those amazing comfort meals that I really enjoy.
I really don’t know what I would do if I have to give up on carbs. It might as well be the end of the world. Just kiddin’ (but not really)!
Anyhow, I love mixing veggies together with pasta for a simple lunch or dinner. I make it often, even for school lunch boxes, as well as when we travel.
Usually, I talk to my kids the night before to see what they would like to add and most of the time we build a salad together.
One thing that they love is adding grilled chicken or even smoked cubed ham as well as Canadian bacon.
Doesn’t that sound amazingly delicious? Mmhm! Yes, pasta salads are so versatile.
Today, we are keeping it meatless and it is still pretty balanced despite the pasta. As I said, we can build pasta salad however we like and what, and it will always be delicious.
Also, I plan in advance our pasta salads, for example, if we going to grill I would make pasta salad with tons of veggies, or if I am packing pasta salad for lunch most likely I would add grilled chicken.
Anyhow, everything that I added to this delicious pasta works amazingly perfect together. This is me trying to make fusion, Greek salad.
I think it is a pretty beautiful and colorful pasta so go and make it for your family and friends, for your birthday celebration or any other gatherings.
If you are sensitive to gluten, by all means, use gluten-free pasta or whole wheat. Pasta such as rigatoni, bow tie, macaroni, fusilli, etc., would work perfectly too.
The key is in the dressing and it is such a simple dressing that I use in most of my salads.
You might also like:
If you make Greek Pasta Salad recipe, please make sure to tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I an able to check your beautiful creation.
Easy and tasty veggie-packed, Greek-inspired pasta salad.
- 1 pound Pasta
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Pitted Black Olives sliced
- 1/2 English Cucumber
- 1-2 Tomatoes
- 1/4 Red Onion sliced
- 4-5 Radish optional
- Handful Chopped Parsley
- 1 cup Feta Cheese
Pasta Salad Dressing/Vinaigrette:
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon (ripe) about 1 tbsp, or to taste.
- 1 tsp. Lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Dried Oregano
- Pinch of Cumin
- 1/8 tsp. Crushed Red Peppers optional
- Salt to taste
- Mix ingredients for the dressing. Mix and set aside. The best way to make dressing is in the glass jar with a fitted lid.
- Boil pasta according to the package. Do not overcook. You'd want a little bite to it. Once cooked, wash under cold water and set aside; We are doing this only when we are making pasta for salads otherwise you would not wash pasta under cold water.
- Add a bit of dressing into pasta directly and toss to coat.
- Combine all ingredients together and lightly toss with the rest of the dressing.
- Add Feta cheese and serve. You may use a block of Feta Cheese (cube it first) or toss Feta crumbles.
You can add chicken/grilled or pan-fried. Smoked ham, even crispy bacon goes well with this salad.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.