Photo-shoots require some serious brainstorming. I know many photographers that go through Pinterest for example and see what theme would be the best for that particular photo-shoot.
To explain even further, Pinterest is amazing! You can make your own secret board; set the colors, props and what theme is the best, how to set up, inspo pics, so you can see exactly what colors go together or what theme goes perfectly with your dish.
For me personally, I plan all that in my head. Sometimes I need a couple of hours of brainstorming and sometimes I take 5 days until I am completely satisfied.
Yes, I do search for inspo pictures online sometimes when I hit the brick wall, and that is okay. You get inspired, and then you translate that inspo pic, a piece of art into your own creation
On the other note, My BLOG is back, baby! Yes!!!! After 3 weeks of going back and forth, I am finally back. It was HELL, to say the least
I was so stressed that I could not even sleep more than 2 to 3 hours a day. I am so thankful for my little team, the new host who guided me through and of course for your tremendous patience
The hard part is not over! I still have to go through many recipes and adjust pictures, reshoot and correct to match this theme of the website
Okay to cut the story short, I really hope you guys make this recipe and please don’t be shy.
If you make any of my recipes tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtags #sandraseasycooking I would love to see your creations!!!
HAPPY COOKING!!! XO
Easy and tasty pasta salad
- 1 lb 5 Color Pasta Any pasta would be okay; farfalle, rigatoni, campanelle, rotini, 3 color pasta, etc.
- 2 cups Broccoli Slaw
- 1/2 cup Red Cabbage also known as purple cabbage
- 1/4-1/2 lb Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 medium Zucchini sliced
- 1 cup Black Olives *optional
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Pasta Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 teaspoons Stone Ground Mustard Seeds 1 tsp. Substitute with Stone Ground Mustard or 1½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Salt or to taste
- 2 Garlic cloves lightly crushed with the side of a knife blade and chopped
- 2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs Blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- Boil a large pot of water and add a generous amount of salt, add pasta and cook according to the package. I like pasta for salads to have a bit of bite so "al dente" is perfect. After the pasta is cooked, drain and run cold water over it. Shake colander and allow pasta to cool down. This is only if you going to use pasta for the pasta salad.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Pasta Vinaigrette Dressing. Add salt to taste. I always start with 1/2 teaspoon. Mix it and set aside.
- Now add to the pasta broccoli slaw, halved tomatoes, sliced red cabbage, zucchini, black olives.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of dressing in the pasta then stir, add the rest of the ingredients and add dressing, a tablespoon at the time until you reach taste that you want.
- Stir well, and serve. Leftovers place in the airtight container and keep refrigerated.
The best way to mix homemade dressing is a glass jar with fitted lid. Not only that you can shake it to combine the ingredients, but also if you don't use it all you can save it for the next time.
- Kitchen Gizmo Snap N Strain Strainer, Clip On Silicone Colander, Fits all Pots and Bowls - Grey
- Bali Harvest Set of 4 Handmade Wooden Spoon & Spatula for Cooking | Premium Rosewood | 11 Inch | Eco Friendly | Natural Finishing and NO Lacquer | Non Stick Cookware | Natural Color
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.