It has been a very long weekend, and a working weekend for me, but needless to say, it was fun.
I wanted to make a step by step instructions for these Chicken Burgers mainly because I did not like the one that I did previously for this recipe.
A fun part was actually eating grilled food. Nobody ever comped about that one, right? It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon; windy, but sunny and warm, a perfect Aprils day.
The kids were running around, playing soccer, teasing each other and laughter filled my backyard, while my husband, Nebbs, and I were debate arguing who can make better steaks.
Seriously, us girls, cannot win over the damn grill whatsoever. I grabbed my camera after “I” prepared food to be grilled and just took pictures.
OK! Well, I was just a little, itsy-bitsy pissed off, cause his steaks and pork chops were looking and tasting better than mine.
In spite of that, I will admit, men know their way around a grill better than most women, nevertheless, in my defense, I was not bad. I would never admit to him that he can grill better than me.
Oh, I would not give him that satisfaction, nor did I feel the need to boost his ego more, because it is already up there in the clouds. I would not hear the end of it just by me admitting who is better! 🙂
One thing is certain, never stand between your man and a grill, or poker nights with his boys, or remote control, or asking him to ask for directions is like slapping him on a back of the head with a heavy skillet, etc.
The list is really endless. They all act macho, but in reality, they are more emo than us girls when we are pms-ing. Just saying. But all so true!
A typical man would nod at first, then say hey, what about you women?! Well, just remember that most of us have your kids and 20 hours of labor, time that if there is more than one kid. Always a safe card!
Look at all these beauties! Just so you know, I made them on my own… Yup! Do you know what makes me the happiest?
If you guessed grill marks, then you’re correct. When I flipped those burgers and saw it, I was breaking a happy dance around the grill.
They were delightful, flavorful and in another word orgasmic. I hope you make them soon, too.
Originally, I wanted to name them breakfast chicken burgers, but looking from my perspective who eats a few bites for breakfast, and sometimes nothing at all. I could not eat this burger for breakfast even if you try to bribe me.
So, you can add whatever you like in with your burger. Bacon comes to my mind! I so added those slices of bacon with that chicken patty.
Now, about the serving SIZE: I can easily say this is for two people, ’cause if you’re a foodie as well as your partner/friend, you will eat this pound of grilled chicken in a heartbeat, but looking at the portion size, 4 people could be satisfied.
These chicken burgers are delightful, flavorful and in another word orgasmic
- 1 Lb. / 453g Ground Chicken
- 2.5-3 teaspoons /12.5-14g Spicy Dry Rub + few pinches more link below in instruction
- 1 tablespoon Parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, add ground chicken, spicy rub mixture, chopped parsley, and oil. Mix it with your hand (you can use gloves) or with a spoon until you combine the mixture. Spicy Dry Rub Recipe
- Make patties a size of the bun (with this amount of ground chicken you can make 4 large patties or slightly smaller 5). Sprinkle a dry rub mix a dash or two on each patty. The patties will shrink when they are cooking, but not too much. You can also cook them on the indoor grill or on a lightly greased frying pan.
- Cook for a few minutes on at each side or until safe internal temperature: 170°F (well-done). USDA Safe Minimum 165°F, however, I like chicken at 170°F.
- Place buns on your grill or frying pan to get a bit burnt and crunchy on the inside. Lastly, build your burger.
- If you do not want to make Dry rub mixture, these two brands I've enjoyed for more than a few years: McCormick, Weber; I love their spices and tried so many. Just use/buy what you prefer or like, and of course, what actually is sold in your area. It's supposed to be a blend that you enjoy cooking with.
However, you can always add:
Salt to taste (about 2 tsp.)
2 tsp. Ground black pepper,
1/4 onion, chopped/or shredded
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. Red hot chili flakes,
Other spices: 1 tsp.
Rosemary, thyme, parsley. (If it's fresh, finely chop, and you can add more because dry herbs are more powerful/fragrant than fresh 2 tbsp. Oil A squeeze of lemon juice/about 1 tbsp. Internal temperature: Ground meats are riskier because the contaminated meat surface is broken into small fragments and spread through the mass.
The interior of a raw burger usually does contain bacteria and is safest if cooked well done. I clean my grill GRATES with bacon just before placing a meat for grilling, however, if you DO NOT eat bacon try using Chicken Skin.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 121mg Sodium: 86mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 26g