Mini Biscuit Pizzas
There is nothing more precious to me than spending a little time in the kitchen with my children. I cook with them at least once a week. The kitchen gets messy; you can find eggshells and flour everywhere, and the worse is when the dough or batter (in the case of a cake) gets all over the floor tiles. They grow so fast, that every little moment count, and I want to capture it… So I don’t care if for that hour we go crazy, and mess the kitchen up, at least we made happy memories. On the other note, cleaning is very good exercise.
My daughter, Anna, surprises us often with her delicious cupcakes from scratch, by the way. Aleks makes for us his beautiful breakfast creations, simple, but delicious, and my youngest, Daniel, still can’t work independently completely, he wishes he could, but I try to help him out. We talk, laugh and I answer a million questions that he has. It seems that he always has a question about something. I suppose that’s how most of 8 or 9-year-olds act; curiosity, and strive to learn more about, well, everything.
These mini-biscuit pizzas are so easy. I mean, Daniel makes it all the time. He just adds toppings that he likes, like cheese, ham and from time to time pepperoni or breakfast sausages/links. With whole honesty, they are so versatile like any other pizza and toppings are of course, endless.
What kind of biscuits can you use?
You can make your own if you are up for it. Personally, I buy biscuits so I could throw them in the oven for a quick breakfast or even for simple sandwiches. Needless to say, they are convenient.
Also, I like better the small ones with less butter, but you can use any type that you prefer and like. Buttermilk biscuits work well for me.
I made a quick video tutorial on YouTube, so if you are up for it, please watch, and subscribe and like, if you enjoyed it.
- No, you cannot make these in the microwave.
- Yes, you can make it in the conventional/toaster oven. Be careful, so they don’t burn. Test and see how long it will take for you to make them.
- You can add any topping that you like.
- If you have frozen biscuits, just defrost them by leaving overnight in the fridge.
- VIDEO recipe: HERE or watch the post if you are able to open up on your device.
Now, let me show you just how easy these are.
Mini Biscuit Pizzas
- 1 can Buttermilk biscuits 10ct., use more if you wish
- 1/2 cup Pizza sauce -marinara sauce meat sauce, etc., works well.
- 1/2 tsp. Italian herb mix pinch on each mini pizza
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese or Italian Pizza Cheese Mix
- Ham black forest ham /Italian sauteed sausages, meatballs, pepperoni would work too.
- Black olives sliced
- Green pepper
- More cheese
- Dry basil
- Dry red crushed peppers
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease baking pan, or use parchment paper.
- Press each biscuit and stretch. Place flat biscuits on a baking pan.
- Slice, chop, dice all the toppings that you will use on your pizza. If it is cheese pizza, please skip this part.
- Spread a little of pizza sauce on each biscuit, and then sprinkle a pinch of Italian herb mix on each biscuit. This gives a sauce even better flavor and aroma.
- Add cheese and the rest of the toppings that you are using. Add just a bit more cheese and top it with sprinkles of dry basil on each mini pizza. It is optional, you can use an Italian herb mix or vice versa.
- Bake at 400F (200C) for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven.
- Before serving, you can add a dash of crushed red chili pepper on each pizza.