This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Family Fare. All opinions are entirely my own. I do not know about you, but I could live on these Potato and Beef Everything Bagel Croquettes. My family is completely and utterly obsessed with the exquisite taste of this delightful side dish. Can you imagine […]
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Minerva Dairy. All opinions are entirely my own. If you want to churn your recipe up to the next level, I encourage you to use Minerva tasty butter to make my Caramelized Onion Tart. […]
I have been playing with some really easy recipes lately just like this tasty creamy spinach puff pastry.
I don’t think that we need to spend hours in the kitchen unless it is Thanksgiving, of course. However, even then I do not cook all day. It is all in preparation.
Anyhow, this creamy spinach puff pastry is extremely easy. I have been adding different toppings, which some those recipes are coming soon.
Well, the point of my blog is simple and easy, so you cannot get any simpler than this. Don’t you agree? I just love simple recipes like this.
My family really enjoyed this one. You can totally serve it as an appetizer or with chicken or tofu if you are vegetarian. You can serve it with pasta or bring it to a potluck, just make sure to bake a lot. (haha)
To cut the story short, I really hope you bake this soon. As you can see, it is an incredibly easy recipe yet delicious.
You can totally double the recipe if you appreciate this kind of food. In addition, you can add desired toppings; toss sauteed sausage, in-season roasted vegetables, crack an egg on top and voila. Amazing!
Okay, so if you make this one or any other of my recipes please tag me on INSTAGRAM @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking
Thank you so much for all your support!!!
Easy recipe for a tasty Creamy Spinach Puff Pastry.
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry
- 1 pack Cream of Spinach, slightly defrosted
- 4 tablespoons Creme Fraiche
- Pinch of Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- A drizzle of Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (190C)
- Thaw your frozen puff pastry, preferably in the fridge, overnight.
- Unfold your pastry only when fully thawed.
- Flour your work surface and your rolling pin. Use restraint with your rolling pin and just slightly roll.
- Add Creme Fraiche on the top of the pastry then slightly fold ends of the pastry, as shown on the pic. If you do not have Creme Fraiche, check notes below.
- Meanwhile, defrost cream of spinach, but only half way. I like using a bag one that you can steam. I steam it half way, just enough for me to crumble on top of the Creme Fraiche.
- Bake between 15 and 17 minutes, depending on your oven. Pastry needs to be golden and cream and spinach bubbly.
- Take it out and allow it to cool down for a minute or two before slicing.
Easy Creme Fraiche Substitute:
- Mix 1 cup heavy cream and 1/4 cup whole milk sour cream together.
- I like mixing it n the jar or a container with fitted lid but you can pour the mixture into a jar as well, cover and let stand in a warm place for about 8 hours.
- Then stir and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
- It will have buttery taste just like Creme Fraiche.
- Also, I made this pastry before with room temperature cream cheese. If you do not have Creme Fraiche and don't feel like making your own just use cream cheese. For one Puff pastry sheet I use about 1/4-1/2 block of Room Temperature cream cheese. When it is room temp it sis easier to spread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy and tasty fruit salad with citrus infused citrus maple dressing recipe. There is nothing more refreshing during hot summer days than colorful and delightful fruit salad. I made this tasty fruit salad with citrus maple dressing, which gave this salad a nice taste lift. […]
Let’s step out of our comfort food zone and create delicious recipes using Reese Artichokes. Okie Dokie, Artichoke! I will show you an amazingly delicious and super easy recipe that you can make over and over again; for social gatherings, sporting events or just to […]
I love simple finger food, although Scotch Eggs are nothing but typical finger food in my opinion. You can make an entire feast around it.
You can serve it with mashed potatoes or potato wedges, or you can make a bowl full of mixed greens with them.
The possibilities are endless, right?! These typical picnic beauties are just fantastic to snack on when you traveling, too. I made a little twist and instead of deep frying them, I used puff pastry and bake them
Everyone knows that I love deep fried food, however, if I can bake it, I will certainly do it and create an alternative version to frying. At first, my husband was not a huge fan when he took a bite, but he agrees, as you eat it the flavors just hit you in the back of your palate and I gotta tell ya, it is quite spectacular.
I served it with my salad with vinaigrette, and it works very well with either pickled or sour. I should mention that these are amazing cold as well, so if you are planning a trip, Scotch eggs are fantastic and convenient. You can discover numerous variants on the web, however, this is my version of a popular UK dish.
Scotch Egg Puff Pastry
- 6-7 medium egg
- 1 lb/453g Ground Tukey
- 1/2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheese I used Cheddar + Mozzarella
- 1 pack 500g puff pastry, defrosted
- Unsalted Butter for brushing on the pastry
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and lower in 6 eggs. Sometimes I add salt after I add my eggs and sometimes before. Bring back to the boil and simmer for about 7 mins. Then transfer to a bowl or pan with cold water. Break each egg and allow it to be submerged for about a minute or so. Peel slowly to prevent from destroying egg white, and place on a paper towel. Eggs should be completely dry.
- Combine the meat mixture together. Add onion powder, salt, ground black pepper, and dried parsley, mix it very well then add plain bread crumbs. At the end just mix everything with your hands. Make sure to clean your hands right after mixing.
- Cut pastry into 3 x 7 inches squares or circles if you desire using a cookie cutter or a large glass. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper lined up. 1 pack of puff pastry equals to 8 equal squares so you can make 8 eggs, but in this case, I would use just a bit more meat.
- Place a bit of cheese on each cut-out pastry. Take one scoop of the meat mixture, like a meatball and press to flatten it, now add the egg in the middle and wrap the meat all around the egg. Press a bit with both hands to secure it well. Place the meatball wrapped egg in the middle of the puff pastry and cheese.
- Pull the sides up over the meatball and seal, making sure the meat is completely covered, and the edges and nicely tucked. Put each pastry on the baking sheet.
- Melt a bit of butter and brush on the pastry. You do not need much, just a bit, then let them rest at the room temperature for about 10 minutes or until the oven is preheated.
- Heat oven to 400F (200C). Bake the pasties, one tray at a time, for 35 to 40mins or until golden.
- Allow them to rest after baking for about 5 minutes and before serving. These could be also eaten cold as they are fantastic for picnics, fishing trips, traveling, etc.
- You can use chopped onion, but make sure to almost mince it.
You can use chopped onion, but make sure to almost mince it. You may use beef, but since the fat content is higher in the beef use 95% lean. Otherwise, you will end up with lots of beef fat and make a pastry rather soggy. You do not have to butter the pastry, you can use a lightly beaten egg to do so. You can use more eggs, add a couple more tablespoons of meat for each additional egg. 1 pack of frozen puff pastry makes 8 equal squares. I always add one or two extra eggs just in case of I have some meat leftover or if one cracks during boiling or peeling process. And any leftover meat, completely cover it in a film/plastic wrap or use a ziplock bag and refrigerate. You can certainly make a couple of meatballs for work lunch or similar. You do not have to add cheese, but it’s so good with it. If you do not want to use pastry, you may dip meatball in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs and fry them or bake them… equally delicious!
How many of you just love to sink your hand in a potato chip bag? I know, I am one of them because I love potatoes and I love Microwave Potato Chips. Compact, heavenly, and all-around addictive, potato chips come in endless varieties from brands […]
These asparagus prosciutto bundles make an excellent starter or side for an amazing celebratory meal, or as a delicious and quick go-to appetizer. When it comes to quick appetizer, this is pretty much it! I love something quick to make if we have company […]
Do you have a napkin near you? No! Go get one, because these wings are going to make your mouth water. Here I am with one more batch of chicken wings. I LOVEEE chicken wings!
Who wouldn’t, right? They’re so addictive and so delicious, and most of all very easy to prepare.
I don’t know many people who would turn their head away from the chicken wings, at least not in my circle.
Usually, I serve them with some crunchy fresh vegetables, such as carrots, celery, mixed greens, freshly baked rolls. Sometimes, we would serve them with baked fries. Of course, I can’t forget Ranch dressing and extra hot bbq sauce.
Game night or not, these wings are a winner in my book even on the midweek side with potatoes and salad.
A couple of years ago, I posted a recipe for my chicken wings with Sriracha sauce, and everyone is in love with them. I got pretty amazing reviews too, but these are equally “lick-your-fingers” DELICIOUS!!!
Now, you can double the recipe if you wish, and it is recommended especially if you have eaters with a larger appetite.
NOTE: Keep raw meat, poultry, seafood, and eggs separate from all other foods at the grocery store and in the refrigerator.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES:
- Chill: Enjoy your leftovers! Refrigerate them at 40ºF or below within two hours.
- Clean: Wash surfaces and utensils after each use. Wash fruits and veggies before preparing food, even if you plan to peel them.
- Separate: To prevent cross-contamination, always use separate cutting boards and plates for produce and for raw meat, poultry, seafood, and eggs.
- Cook: Always use a food thermometer to ensure cooked food reaches a safe internal temperature. (165ºF for poultry – 145ºF for fish, pork, beef, veal, and lamb – 160ºF for ground beef, pork, veal, and lamb).
Easy recipe for tasty Spicy Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
- 3-4 pounds Whole chicken wings separate into sections
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink salt or any on hand
- 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley *optional
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose Flour gluten-free for those that are sensitive
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce any of your choice
- 1/4 cup Hot sauce OR MORE, I love adding sriracha but you can use any on hand
- Preheat oven to 450 F/ 230 C
- In a large bowl, place chicken wings. Separate chicken drumette from the flat and the tip. Usually, I freeze chicken tips for soups. You do not have to separate them, but it bakes much faster.
- Mix all the ingredients for the rub. Add half to the chicken and mix it until chicken wings are coated, then add the other half and mix again. This way you will know that all the chicken parts are well coated.
- Place chicken on the baking sheet in one single layer (you may line the baking pan/sheet with parchment paper or you can use baking wire ton top of the baking pan to bake chicken wings).
- Bake chicken for 15 minutes, then turn each chicken wing on the other side and bake for another 15 minutes. Flip again, and turn the broiler on and bake under a broiler for 5-7 minutes that is for extra crunchy chicken wings. Please monitor it so the wings don't burn. Some ovens take shorter time like 2-3 minutes and some longer, so watch on them by opening the oven and checking until you reach desirable crunchiness.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce together.
- After the chicken wings are finished baking, brush the sauce on both sides, then you may pour the rest over it and use as a little or as much as you wish. The wings need to be completely drenched in sauce. Serve immediately!
You can make these in Air Fryer. Recipe HERE
Simple, easy and a perfect bread for entertaining… Don’t you just love cheesy loaves of bread? I love em’ all. I could dive into the cheese and bread bowl and be a happy camper for the rest of my life. These days, I am […]