Simple, delicious, flavorful… Oh, so orgasmic pizza! Can you really ask for more? Let us call this Korean Fusion Pizza… Ye! Does everyone agree?
It takes you less than 30 minutes to do this, no dough necessary. A
All I did is pan-fried chicken strips and that was really the hardest part. E
Cheese, kimchi, and chicken go so well together and I know you will not be disappointed by the taste or the flavor of this dish.
Now, ingredients… I am aware that not all of you can get hold of gochujang, in translation, Korean red chili paste.
I assume that most of you do have international or Asian markets, where Korean condiments or products are sold. As for kimchi, yes, you can use store-bought or homemade.
As for toppings, well, I love mushrooms, and sweet peppers in a combination of chicken, kimchi, and cheese, as well as slightly spicy gochujang and pizza sauce
With that being said, you can really use whatever you prefer, like or have around The egg is optional, of course, but it is so delicious.
Chicken and Kimchi Pizza
- 1 cup of chicken strips seasoned/cooked
- 2 to rtillas medium size
- 1 1/2 cup of cheese I used a mix of shredded mozzarella and sharp cheddar
- 1 tbsp. Gochujang Korean red chili paste
- 2 tbsp. Pizza sauce
- 2-3 Sweet Peppers small, sliced
- 2 mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup Kimchi chopped
- 2 Scallions chopped
- 1/4 tsp Red Hot chili flakes
- Egg/s with a pinch of salt
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Cut chicken breast into thinner chicken strips, season with a bit of salt and peppers (a few pinches) OR Chicken Seasoning, and cook over lightly greased pan for 5-7 minutes, or until done. You can use store-bought cooked grilled chicken.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Take one tortilla and place on a Pizza baking dish, sprinkle with a hand full of cheese, evenly from one end to the other. Place another tortilla on top of that, making cheese in the middle.
- Spoon or Squeeze Korean red chili paste on top of the tortilla (look at the instruction pictures), spread it evenly, then add pizza sauce and spread that as well. Add the cheese, leaving just a few sprinkles for the end.
- Add mushrooms, and peppers, following chopped kimchi, and chicken strips. (ADD egg if you wish/season with a bit of salt) and sprinkle with chopped scallions.
- Lastly, add red hot chili flakes and sprinkle with the rest of the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is completely melted and edges of the tortillas start turning into a golden color, about 15-20 minutes, depending on your oven. Toss a few toasted sesame seeds on top and serve with mayo, ranch dressing or salad.
You can add fried egg later on top of the pizza. When you add the uncooked egg before baking, baking time will increase because the egg will not be done completely, especially if you like your egg well DONE.
I like my egg soft, but if you add fried egg later it is equally delicious and less time to cook pizza in the oven. Also, I tried this in the microwave… It was not the same, however, it was softer and still delicious. I made it like a quesadilla. You can add canned TUNA fish, or sauteed seasoned ground beef/or Italian sausages.