General Tso’s Tofu is tasty, beautiful and incredibly easy to make. I can’t even tell you how many times I get the question about tofu so I try to create delicious recipes using this amazing ingredient. Since it literally does not taste like anything you…
Tag: ASIAN RECIPES
Sweet Pumpkin Porridge is one of those perfect comforting foods during cooler weather. Ah, don’t you just love the smell of cooler weather approaching, beautiful Autumn scenery and comfort food? Alright, perhaps we look forward to comforting holiday food more than anything else, but fall…
You either love matcha or despise it. I love matcha, aka green tea powder. One of my favorite ice creams is Matcha Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate.
We all know green tea powder is very healthy. It gives us energy without the anxiety, crash or jitters. Make us all younger as well as calms the mind and relaxes the body.
Not to mention that green tea powder is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. I mean it is a powder house, so I do not have to add all the other matcha benefits.
When I made this ice cream, I had in mind healthy summer treat as well as matcha and chocolates caving satisfaction.
My family was blown away with the pleasant taste of this homemade ice cream, especially my husband who is a matcha enthusiast as much as I am.
I love the cross between mild sweetness and a slight bitterness from both matcha and dark chocolate.
Before glorious summer is over I genuinely wanted to share one more delightful ice cream. It is very simple, and all the ingredients accessible.
I use keto-friendly sweetener which is a sugar alternative if you are following a low-carb lifestyle. We were supplementing three types of sweeteners for the last year or so;
If you make Matcha Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate recipe or any other from my blog please tag me. Instagram: @sandraseasycooking using hashtags #sandraseasycooking. Thank you in advance!
Simple and easy green tea (matcha) ice cream. It is very delicious and perfect ice cream for hot summer days.
- 3 cups heavy whipped cream (700 g)
- 1 cups half & half (230 g)
- 2 tbsp matcha, green tea powder (12 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I used keto-friendly sweetener) (200 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (or chips), you may use chocolate shreds as well (175 g)
- Dash of Matcha Powder
- Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping
- Freeze the ice cream container for at least one hour.
- Heat 1 cup of half & half with 2 tablespoons of green tea powder and sugar. Stir and simmer until everything is dissolved.
Use a fine strainer and drain matcha and sugar milk in the bowl. This is just in case if there are any leftover matcha lumps.
- Now to that add whipped cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Place the mixture to the fridge for about 30 minutes to up to one hour. The ice cream mixture should be cold before transferring it to the ice cream machine container.
- After the mixture is cold enough, mix it well and transfer to a frozen ice-cream machine container.
- Follow instructions of your ice cream maker; mine is an old fashioned ice cream maker so I use ice and ice cream salt.
- Allow it to churn for 30 minutes, turn off the machine, then stir in chocolate chunks, shaved chocolate or chocolate chips.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer-safe container with a lid and freeze for a couple of hours before serving.
You may add any chocolate you prefer. Sometimes I use dark and sometimes milk chocolate.
I added additional time for freezing the container and ice cream before it gets completely done. Technically you would need about 40 minutes to finish it, but freezing the container is important to step to start your ice cream, chilling ingredients as well as freezing finished product.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Vollrath (47140) 4 oz. Stainless Steel Disher
- StarPack Long Scoop Ice Cream Freezer Storage Container - for Home Made Ice Cream, Freezer Containers, Meal Prep, Soup and Food Storage
- Matcha Green Tea Powder - Superior Culinary - USDA Organic From Japan -Natural Energy & Focus Booster Packed With Antioxidants. (Starter Bag - 30g (1.05oz))
- BAMBOOWORX Japanese Tea Set, Matcha Whisk (Chasen), Traditional Scoop (Chashaku), Tea Spoon, The Perfect Set to Prepare a Traditional Cup of Matcha.
- Nostalgia ICMP400WD Electric Wood Bucket Ice Cream Maker, 4-Quart
Shrimp Pad Thai, an effortless yet exquisite meal. It’s a shame that a majority of us go for take-out. Just think about how we could make these noodles right at home in less than 30 minutes. I know one thing for sure, this meal will be far healthier. You can use whatever ingredients your heart desires within the making. Well, I have a variety of comfort foods…
I have been planning for a while to post a delicious recipe using my smoker or a grill. Summer season is here so you can make this over and over again during beautiful summer evenings and enjoy it with your family and friends. Also, 4th…
Chicken and Mixed Vegetables Stir fry is a simple and easy weeknight dinner, which makes it an excellent weekend meal as well.
My family typically seeks for stir-fry ones a week, so since we have so many amazing versatile stir-fry recipes I change vegetables or meat.
Every so often, I make it completely meatless. It completely depends on what we desire or have on hand.
I like prepping this ahead of time and freezing the ingredients, so it is relatively straightforward to put it together for a quick weeknight meal.
I thoroughly recommend getting some fridge or freezer bags or containers with lids and prep those ingredients ahead. It is life changing. I tried meal prep and that failed miserably.
I grill and prep everything for a whole week, but my kids devour meat before my week even ends. So, for me personally, it was really not worth it. That being said, chopping vegetables ahead and placing it in the container just makes it easier for me to put together one meal.
I have a feeling that you will enjoy this Chicken and Mixed Vegetables Stir-fry as much as we did. It is just a wholesome meal that everyone enjoys.
Also, I have separated everything into sections since so many of you like that with my CASHEW CHICKEN RECIPE.
It is one of the most popular recipes from Asian inspired meals on my blog. So I have felt that you might enjoy all of my Asian influenced dishes.
If you try this stir fry or any other of my recipes from the blog, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking Thank you so much in advance!
- 1 lb Chicken Tenders
- 1/8 tsp. Salt + Ground black pepper a generous pinch
- 1/2 tsp Ginger minced or sliced (1/2 teaspoon Ginger powder could be used)
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic cloves mixed or sliced (garlic powder could be used)
- 1 inch Ginger minced or sliced (1/2 teaspoon Ginger powder could be used)
- SAUCE (for one meal)
- 1-2 tbsp. Gochujang Korean Chili Paste
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 5 tbsp. Water
- Soy Sauce to taste
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Stir Fry Mixed Veggies any on hand, frozen or fresh; peas, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.
- 2 Garlic cloves mixed or sliced
- 1/2 onion diced or sliced
- Soy sauce to taste
- RICE -Read instruction on the rice package/ or you may use noodles
- 1 1/2-2 cup/s Premium Rice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Green Onion
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Red Chili Flakes
- Cut Chicken tenders (chicken breast could be used) into bite-size pieces. Place in the large bowl and add salt, ground black pepper, and dried parsley.
- Heat the wok and add oil, cook chicken over medium-high heat. Before the chicken is almost done, add garlic and ginger; stir it and cook with chicken until chicken is completely done about 5-6 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, combine together 2 tbsp. Gochujang (Korean Chili Paste), 1 tbsp. Honey, 5 tbsp, water and Soy Sauce to taste.
- Mix it well and set aside. You do not need much soy sauce since the chili paste was seasoned already.
- In the other pan, stir-fry vegetables. You can use any vegetable that you have; broccoli, carrots, peas, mushrooms, peppers, etc. You can use Asian frozen veggie combo, or use fresh vegetables.
- Add a bit of oil to the pan and stir-fry until veggies are cooked but not overcooked. They need to still have a bit of crunch. If they are fresh add a bit of water so they soften faster, and if they are frozen you may defrost them and just stir fry for a minute or two until they are heated through.
- RICE: Cook rice according to the package.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and stir.
- Add vegetables and stir to combine everything.
- Cook for a few minutes or until the sauce gets thicker.
- Serve it over rice (OR noodles)
- Garnish it with toasted sesame seeds, green onions, and chili flakes.
You may use firm TOFU instead of chicken, or pork as well as thinly sliced beef. If you do not like GOCHUJANG or do not have it, you can omit and use 1 tbsp Oyster sauce. Oyster sauce is packed with sodium so be aware when adding soy sauce to the sauce mixture. I made a large amount of sauce that's why it looks a lot on the picture. I like to save it for later. GOCHUJANG is spicy, so if you cannot handle spicy you may use 1/2 tbsp. to 1 tbsp.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Teriyaki Chicken and Pepper Skewers is a very delicious summer dish that gives you a pleasant explosion of flavors. My family goes crazy over this teriyaki chicken and I am sure that you will, too. I have been making this dish for many, many years…
Multi-Grain Medley Bowl with Kimchi is perfect for hot summer days. Not that it is too complicated to make a full meal and cook for an hour. However, I feel like my body cannot accept heavy meals so I avoid making them. Of course, this…
When I think about cauliflower, many dishes come to my mind, but deep fried, pickled, or raw were my favorite ways to eat this power vegetable.
To include cooked cauliflower in our diet often I started to roast it. Making them with different flavors just like you would find potato chips with so many varieties.
I loved cauliflower my whole life, but my kids were not fans unless it is raw, however, when I started with this method, a tray full would be eaten before I had even blink.
You can make Asian flavors just by using different spices, or perhaps buffalo flavor, or bbq
I made before Malaysian Roasted Cauliflower, which is my kids’ one of their favorite after-school snacks.
Oven-Roasted Thai Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 Large Cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Juice from 1/2 ripe lime
- 1/4 teaspoon Grounded Sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Thai Chile Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 whole lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- Sesame seeds
- Seasoning: Grind or crush toasted sesame seeds, before blending it with the rest of the ingredients. Keep it in the jar with a fitted lid if you do not use all of it. Make sure that all the steaks are completely seasoned with this on both sides. This is my own blend. You are welcome to use store both is you desire.
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Cut the green leaves off the cauliflower heads, then slice cauliflower into half through the stem. Starting at the cut side of each cauliflower half, make approximately 1/2-inch-thick slices. You should end up with about 4 slices per head. If they start to fall apart at the very end, that’s ok, you can still roast smaller cauliflower florets, as you can see in my pictures. Also, you can serve them to the kids because they do look very appetizing when smaller.
- Line a large baking pan preferably sheet pan with parchment paper. You can drizzle just a bit of oil so that parchment paper could stick or wouldn’t curl up.
- Now, carefully transfer cauliflower slices to the baking pan and oil on both sides and squeeze lime right over each slice.
- Sprinkle with Thai Seasoning on both sides and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes to up to 35 minutes, depending on your taste. Usually, I take mine out around 25 minutes. You do not want to burn them, however, I know that some people like more crunchy than softer texture.
- Serve Immediately
Any leftover roasted cauliflower could be used for Cauliflower rice. It is perfect! You can serve it with meat or as a meat replacement. Also, you can add stir-fry over it. It has so much flavor. As a cauliflower lover, I like this dish even when it’s cold, but I would suggest to serve it hot because it tastes much better. You can prep it ahead and keep it in the fridge until ready to roast.
Easy Beef and Broccoli over piping hot rice to get you through these winter days. Our weather is seriously a bit crazy. Looks more like early spring than winter with new flower slowly peeking out of the ground, and we are having so much rain. I…