You either love matcha or despise it. I love matcha, aka green tea powder. One of my favorite ice creams is Matcha Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate.
We all know green tea powder is very healthy. It gives us energy without the anxiety, crash or jitters. Make us all younger as well as calms the mind and relaxes the body.
Not to mention that green tea powder is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. I mean it is a powder house, so I do not have to add all the other matcha benefits.
When I made this ice cream, I had in mind healthy summer treat as well as matcha and chocolates caving satisfaction.
My family was blown away with the pleasant taste of this homemade ice cream, especially my husband who is a matcha enthusiast as much as I am.
I love the cross between mild sweetness and a slight bitterness from both matcha and dark chocolate.
Before glorious summer is over I genuinely wanted to share one more delightful ice cream. It is very simple, and all the ingredients accessible.
I use keto-friendly sweetener which is a sugar alternative if you are following a low-carb lifestyle. We were supplementing three types of sweeteners for the last year or so;
If you make Matcha Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate recipe or any other from my blog please tag me. Instagram: @sandraseasycooking using hashtags #sandraseasycooking. Thank you in advance!
Simple and easy green tea (matcha) ice cream. It is very delicious and perfect ice cream for hot summer days.
- 3 cups heavy whipped cream (700 g)
- 1 cups half & half (230 g)
- 2 tbsp matcha, green tea powder (12 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I used keto-friendly sweetener) (200 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (or chips), you may use chocolate shreds as well (175 g)
- Dash of Matcha Powder
- Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping
- Freeze the ice cream container for at least one hour.
- Heat 1 cup of half & half with 2 tablespoons of green tea powder and sugar. Stir and simmer until everything is dissolved.
Use a fine strainer and drain matcha and sugar milk in the bowl. This is just in case if there are any leftover matcha lumps.
- Now to that add whipped cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Place the mixture to the fridge for about 30 minutes to up to one hour. The ice cream mixture should be cold before transferring it to the ice cream machine container.
- After the mixture is cold enough, mix it well and transfer to a frozen ice-cream machine container.
- Follow instructions of your ice cream maker; mine is an old fashioned ice cream maker so I use ice and ice cream salt.
- Allow it to churn for 30 minutes, turn off the machine, then stir in chocolate chunks, shaved chocolate or chocolate chips.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer-safe container with a lid and freeze for a couple of hours before serving.
You may add any chocolate you prefer. Sometimes I use dark and sometimes milk chocolate.
I added additional time for freezing the container as well as ice cream before it gets completely done.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Vollrath (47140) 4 oz. Stainless Steel Disher
- StarPack Long Scoop Ice Cream Freezer Storage Container - for Home Made Ice Cream, Freezer Containers, Meal Prep, Soup and Food Storage
- Matcha Green Tea Powder - Superior Culinary - USDA Organic From Japan -Natural Energy & Focus Booster Packed With Antioxidants. (Starter Bag - 30g (1.05oz))
- BAMBOOWORX Japanese Tea Set, Matcha Whisk (Chasen), Traditional Scoop (Chashaku), Tea Spoon, The Perfect Set to Prepare a Traditional Cup of Matcha.
- Nostalgia ICMP400WD Electric Wood Bucket Ice Cream Maker, 4-Quart