Delicious and super easy dinner recipe. You can make it over the weekend for a quick weeknight meal. My family loves this version of Mexican lasagna and I am sure that you will, too.
I keep it pretty interesting by switching differently flavored tortilla, or meat, and sometimes meatless as well using more beans and fake meat or sausages.
You can make this in less than 10 minutes and just bake to melt the cheese and marry the flavors. If you are a Mexican food lover then this is a dish for you.
Oh, definitely add more chili powder or jalapeno if you are a fan of spicy because I added spicy sauce and it was amazingly delicious.
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can Corn
- 1 cup Taco sauce
- 1/4 cup Tomato sauce
- 2 cups Mexican Cheese blend
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Tablespoon Onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add oil and ground beef to the skillet, and saute until well done, about 4-5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- To cooked meat add black beans, corn, and seasoning. Stir well to combine and cook for a minute longer to just heat through the beans and corn.
- Add about a ladle of the mixture on the bottom of the baking pan and sprinkle just a bit of cheese to help that first layer kind of glue itself to each other.
- You can cut tortillas into smaller pieces, or look at my pictures to see how I did it.
- Add about one ladle or two on top of tortillas then sprinkle cheese, and keep layering.
- Make sure to have about ladle or two of the mixture for the last layer and enough cheese to cover from one end to the other end of the baking pan.
Bake lasagna for 15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. We want just to marry the flavors and melt the cheese because everything else is cooked already.
- Take it out of the oven and serve with salad and/or sour cream. Garnish with chopped parsley or chopped scallions.
SUBSTITUTE INGREDIENTS You may use ground chicken or ground turkey instead of beef. You may use any beans on hands, preferably pinto or black beans. Instead of taco sauce, you can use salsa and instead of tomato sauce, you can use crushed tomatoes. You can use any tortilla. I used homestyle, handmade small jalapeno tortillas from Sprouts Farmers Market, but you may use any on hand. You can use Taco Cheese blend or shredded mild cheese instead of Mexican cheese blend. – You can FREEZE this before you bake it in the freezer/oven safe dish, or you can freeze it after it is baked. You can also keep it in the fridge for 3 to 4 days just for an easy meal. Heat and heat. – You can also make this as little as you want or double it. If you have a big family I would double it because it extremely tasty and versatile so you will go for seconds.