Fiesta Lasagna Recipe
I decided to call this Fiesta lasagna just because it looks so festive and just perfect for today’s occasion.
Yup! It’s my birthday and I would love to share pieces of my cake and this Fiesta Lasagna recipe with you, my virtual family!
You would not believe me how delicious this is, not to mention simple! Can you see, prep 10 minutes, baking/cooking in less than 30 minutes.
Needless to say, you can even prepare meat-based sauce at night before and would be even quicker dinner.
To tell you honestly, I am avoiding tacos and burritos, and refried beans for the last 3 years.
Usually, I would have a bite or two, so this was a real treat for the eyes as well as for my stomach. Explanation… 3 years ago in the local restaurant I overate on refried beans, like big time (ha! Well, there were other things, too).
To shorten the story, I end up having gallbladder surgery due to the sudden attack. What can I say… I love me some refried beans!
Anyhooo… You will not be disappointed because hot or cold this is one Kickin’ dish that you and your family will love!
A simple, easy and delicious recipe for Mexican inspired Lasagna.
- 1 1/2 lb. 680g. Ground beef
- 1/4 Onion diced
- 1 Pepper chopped (any kind)
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1/2 pkg. Taco Seasoning
- 6 Oz 170g. Shredded Cheese Blend/Mix (Cheddar/Pepper Jack)
- 2 Tbsp. 29.5g. Salsa
- Salt and Pepper to taste if necessary
- Large Tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Salsa Fresca
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1/2 Red Onion diced
- 1/2 Green Pepper + bit of Jalapeno to your own taste
- Cilantro chopped
- Lime/Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste + Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Place meat in a large skillet /pan with onion, and saute until meat is completely done and no longer pink (take about half of the excess oil out by draining it or spooning out)
- Add Black beans, pepper, taco seasoning, and cheese. Stir and cook on medium high until starts to bubble and cheese completely melted. Remove from the heat and stir in salsa, cover and set aside.
- Spray baking pan with just a bit of oil and place tortilla, then add meat mixture, sprinkle 1 tbsp cheese evenly then cover with another tortilla. Keep layering until all the meat mixture is gone or it also depends how deep your baking pan is. Make sure to leave enough of meat sauce mixture for the top. Add the rest of the meat on the top, then evenly add cheese on top.
- Bake until cheese is completely melted, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with green salad, Pico de Gallo (salsa fresca) and sour cream.
I never tried this lasagna with ground turkey or chicken, so I don’t know how would taste! Always taste to see if you need more seasoning to suit your own taste buds. If available, use a round baking dish. It will hold better and it will bake to the perfection.
- A meat-based sauce can be made at night before, cooled down and placed in the fridge.
Mexican Lasagna Recipe Click HERE